PDA

View Full Version : TVG - HRTV merger

RaceTrackDaddy
03-11-2015, 12:13 AM
I must say first off that I do not use the cable TV programs myself, but did at one time. I am just curious how this merger or TVG taking the HRTV within its program making two channels I guess.

Really can't see this being an improvement; but trying to have an open mind, I am looking for anyone who used both services before the merger and their thoughts upon viewing the new TVG.

I just have a couple questions:
1. Do they now show more harness races than the two separate channels did in the past?
2. Have they incorporated the announcers & analysts of HRTV into the TVG format or did they just cut them out and lay them off?

Please feel free to speak your minds if one cares to respond. I personally am glad that I have online wagering and the accompanying video feeds.

Stillriledup
03-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Ton of info here RTD.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120780

Tall One
03-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Rosecroft was on tvg last night. Don't think I've seen their coverage on there before.

Personally, I'd love to see two channels. The more options broadcast the better.

cj
03-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Rosecroft was on tvg last night. Don't think I've seen their coverage on there before.

Personally, I'd love to see two channels. The more options broadcast the better.

Suspect that was mostly do to some CANX tracks and simply nothing else to show.

Tall One
03-11-2015, 11:19 AM
More than likely the case, CJ. Does show the depth of their "bench" now.

RaceTrackDaddy
03-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Ton of info here RTD.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120780

that thread said it all.. with Jeff Seigle not making the move from HRTV to TVG speaks volumes. It was more of a business decision to prop up their list of tracks on their wagering platform more than a decision to improve their television feed.

So glad I have no need to purchase the extra channels to watch racing. I am just happy here on my computer watching the screen.

Thanks Stillriledup