PDA

View Full Version : The left does it again! Boomerang!

JustRalph
03-10-2015, 06:18 PM
After Sandy Hook the left went crazy on gun control. This was following several years of ginned up "OBAMA's going to take your guns" sales of more firearms than ever in recorded history.

What resulted was a fundraising bonanza for the NRA and other gun-centric groups. State legislatures have fought back against threats to gun rights and gun laws have been repealed, altered and enhanced all to the advantage of gun rights types.

Recently the OBAMA admin decided to go after specific ammunition that is used most commonly in the AR-15 style of rifle. In this feeble attempt at declaring the ammo out of bounds, they caused a run on the ammo and similar cartridges. Millions of rounds of 5.56 ammo flew off the shelves over the last few weeks. I personally think that might be an overstatement but the specific ammo is sold out in places throughout the country.

The end result being that this ammo is now in the hands of gun owners at an unprecedented level. Nice work..........

Today the Admin decided to back off........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/10/atf-shelves-controversial-bullet-ban-proposal/

OBAMA and the anti-gunners are the best thing to happen to gun companies in forty years. Congrats!

horses4courses
03-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Some look at that as success.
Others see it as a pathetic reflection upon this country.

The NRA is a major contributor to what is really wrong with America.
It's not just about guns - it's a thought process that goes far beyond that.
Very sad. :ThmbDown:

Clocker
03-10-2015, 07:22 PM

Darn right. A bunch of nutcases clinging to their guns and religion. Imagine what a great country this would be today if only the colonists hadn't been fanatics looking for religious freedom, and if only they hadn't brought their guns with them.

JustRalph
03-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Some look at that as success.
Others see it as a pathetic reflection upon this country.

Very sad. :ThmbDown:

Congrats to you and your brethren 👍nice work

horses4courses
03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Darn right. A bunch of nutcases clinging to their guns and religion. Imagine what a great country this would be today if only the colonists hadn't been fanatics looking for religious freedom, and if only they hadn't brought their guns with them.

How 21st century.
We should all aspire to the Founding Fathers.
Is that what you're saying?

I'm thinking I need a cartoon to go with this. :lol:

LottaKash
03-10-2015, 08:18 PM
How 21st century.

I'm thinking I need a cartoon to go with this. :lol:

Yeah, maybe something with a "hammer and a sickle" in it....

Clocker
03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
How 21st century.
We should all aspire to the Founding Fathers.
Is that what you're saying?

Oops, I forgot. Principles and values and rights have expiration dates, like milk. When the situation changes, you have to change with the times.

We don't need the Constitution, all we need is the Progressive Golden Rule: the end justifies the means. I'm sure that can be taught as part of Common Core, and the next generation can emulate Obama and Hillary, and aspire to rise to a position of power above the law.

HUSKER55
03-10-2015, 11:01 PM
our founding fathers were not a bunch of whinners like our current citizens are. They worked and todays citizens don't. They whine.

let us assume we ban all guns. That would be great because I would have one and you would not. But let us say I obey the law like the rest of the sheep and tossed mine in.

If I want to get even I would use dynamite on a drone. BA-BYE.

What will you whine about then? Let me guess batteries and airplane props.

Really?

It is all about civic responsibility. Guns are a great equalizer.

Hell, I even know how to make one out of gas pipe. So what then, quit making gas pipe?

I know how to run a lathe and I know how to make a gun. If any of you fine gents, and ladies, think I am the only one, then I stongly suggest you go see a doctor or at the very very least, reconsider option two.

option2 is,...wait for it.......I am not the only one.

You are giving the NRA way too much credit. Remeber, swords cut both ways. They can spend there money anyway they want just like any one else. But when all hell cuts loose you can bet your ass they will be running and ducking just like anyone else.

iceknight
03-11-2015, 04:01 AM
I agree with the NRA view here, which I normally am slightly against. The worry for most of US public is from corrupt government and over militarized police forces with trigger happy workers with poor training and a huge paranoia. LE needs to reform itself instead of trying to reduce nearly mythical threats and banning ammo
(Real threat: hey how about learning to drive properly?)