PDA

View Full Version : Track Master Greg

cosmo96
03-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Until this Winter I have used Track Master Greg with much success. I was almost guaranteed a winning day. However, now I win very little. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it due to the inclement weather? I would like some feedback. Thank you.

Ray2000
03-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I guess this is red-boarding in a way but who cares. It's a lost, ... nobody makes up a lost. :)

January was going Ok on Win betting, (not as good as years in the past.)..
but the wheels fell off in February.

Rebates and a few Exotic hits have kept me from thowing in the towel

..NO MAS...NO MAS :mad:

RaceTrackDaddy
03-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Really cannot comment on Track Master Greg but can state that during the winter months (outside of the warm weather tracks) mother nature dictates the training horses will be able to get in. Some horses don't need that much to stay in shape and some can race coming in from the field but most need that work on the track.

This time of year, many tracks maintenance crews have their work cut out for them just to keep the track racing let alone keep it open for training in the early morning hours. This lack of exercise for the horses tends to leave us at a major disadvantage when trying to find a winner.

Add to the fact that the track surface is probably going to be rated at less than the usual "fast" condition. I have known people to refrain from betting this cold weather tracks and concentrate on the warmer weather ones or just take the winter months off.

If you can find a race analysts that can make money year round, pay him/her what they want as there are not many that I have seen in this game.

As the weather becomes warmer, the horses will all be getting their work in and their performance on the track' surface will again to be consistent with previous efforts. Till then, expect a hard road to travel until the Robins return with the spring.

Faceless Enemy
03-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Good points RTD.

green80
03-11-2015, 01:30 PM
I guess this is red-boarding in a way but who cares. It's a lost, ... nobody makes up a lost. :)

January was going Ok on Win betting, (not as good as years in the past.)..
but the wheels fell off in February.

Rebates and a few Exotic hits have kept me from thowing in the towel

..NO MAS...NO MAS :mad:

We need a longer track record to determine if it is not just normal variation. Nobody has a winning month every month or a winning day every day. You need to look at long term results. Look at your last 1000 bets to see where you are at. With the results you posted we need 4 or 5 months of wagers to determine anything.

green80
03-11-2015, 01:37 PM
You are losing around 6% on the win side. While beating the takeout you still have a losing prop. betting win and looks like you need to quit betting place. Unless you have more long term win records you may need to find another method.

Ray2000
03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
We need a longer track record to determine if it is not just normal variation. Nobody has a winning month every month or a winning day every day. You need to look at long term results. Look at your last 1000 bets to see where you are at. With the results you posted we need 4 or 5 months of wagers to determine anything.

I posted to show the Jan-Feb effect on me but you're right, there's too few races to draw any real conclusions.

So, unlike Hillary, I'll put it all out to see...:)

This is the 3 year running balance ($2 base stake) on Win, Straight Exacta, Straight Trifecta. 12,552 Races
My actual stake amounts vary.

I play mostly Exactas but do back up with Win bets on occasion.

Place betting the favorite under some conditions can be used but mostly for fun as shown in this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116315&page=8

green80
03-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Looks like you need to layoff the straight bets unless you are getting enough of a rebate on your win bets to make it worthwhile. Looks like you show a decent profit on your exactas and tri's, I would stick with them. Showing a long term positive ROI on that number of exactas and tri's puts you ahead of 90% of the people in the game. You should be betting a fixed % of bankroll so as your winnings increase so does your bet size.

green80
03-11-2015, 04:49 PM
With a 32% hit rate and still showing a loss, you are betting too much chalk.
You will never make a profit on your place bets betting these low priced horses.

mrroyboy
03-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Remember he is picking these before scratches etc.