PDA

View Full Version : Howl, Race 8 Aqu

Stillriledup
03-08-2015, 04:48 PM
This horse was 20-1 than down to 10-1 and now he's 9-2 with 1 MTP?

AM i seeing that correctly? :confused:

Stillriledup
03-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Tote Manipulation. This horse had 8 or 9k with 1 mtp and finished with 6537 to win.

Cholly
03-09-2015, 10:22 AM
noticed that as well & was thinking wtf; the money came off fairly quickly--I chalk it up to a mislaid bet where the layer realized their error and corrected.

Stillriledup
03-09-2015, 01:41 PM
So, here's the thing.

That bet was large enough in the win pool to dramatically alter the odds at a very crucial time in the betting cycle where people are placing their bets or a mere few seconds away from placing their bets....and those people saw that bet and reacted. Are we now in a situation where we have to wait till less than 10 seconds before pool closing to wait to make sure that this "odd" wager isn't a mistake?

Shouldn't bettors and bet takers have a much higher rate of vigilance when making very large bets into the win pool with 2 mins to post?

I know there has been large discussions here about the idea that the people who have the most money to bet are the smartest...this isn't Joe Blow with 42 dollars in his TVG account making these wagers...its "supposed to be" someone who's smart enough to have at least 5k in their account....and a lot of time, these "mistakes" don't end up on other horses, which means it wasn't a bet that was actually intended to go into the pool on another horse, it was a bet that came out and wasn't rebet.

What kind of betting world would we live in if everyone with at least 5k to "play with" was allowed to toss a few grand on a no hoper and then "change their minds" 2 mins later?

The original bettor in all of this didn't get hurt...but the people who were betting that race, some of them altered their bets because of that horse taking all the steam, they might have added that horse into exotics or something like that....so innocent bettors were damaged in some way, but the person who made the "mistake" gets off scot free.