PDA

View Full Version : Bush and Walker flip already

JustRalph
03-08-2015, 12:20 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/07/us-usa-politics-iowa-idUSKBN0M30UT20150307

Disgusting POS

It's lying season already

TJDave
03-08-2015, 12:28 PM
This is obviously a subject for which you care passionately. :lol:

DJofSD
03-08-2015, 12:52 PM
They were against it before they had to face the voters. Spineless.

classhandicapper
03-08-2015, 04:35 PM
"I don't think Washington should be picking winners and losers," said Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

Tom
03-08-2015, 05:33 PM
"I don't think Washington should be picking winners and losers," said Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

There are only losers. :lol:

I got a couple of corn cobs for these two low-lives.....think they would know to put them?

Ethanol is a stupid idea.

Clocker
03-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Ethanol is a stupid idea.

Not if you are an Iowa corn grower. :p

Let's see what they have to say after they leave Des Moines and visit some oil states like North Dakota or Texas.

Clocker
03-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Bush and Walker flip already

The stories on this are all over the place. Maybe because the candidates are trying to offend no one. The linked article says:

Both have criticized supports for the corn-based fuel in the past.

Then it says:

Neither Bush nor Walker, the Wisconsin governor, have weighed in specifically on the Renewable Fuel Standard before.

A WSJ article says:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former New York Gov. George Pataki sided with their party’s free-market advocates by supporting an end to the RFS, which requires blending ethanol and other biofuels made from agricultural products into the gasoline supply.

But then that one says:

“The markets are ultimately going to have to decide this,” said Mr. Bush, who declined to set a firm deadline for ending the fuel standard imposed a decade ago by his brother, former President George W. Bush. “Whether that’s 2022 or sometime in the future I don’t know,” he said.

Looks like Jeb has all the bases covered.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/07/at-iowa-ag-summit-gop-hopefuls-split-on-renewable-fuel-rule/

HUSKER55
03-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Walker is not presidential timeber. You have been warned.

reckless
03-08-2015, 10:30 PM
For the life of me I could never understand why the GOP presidential candidates make a big deal about ethanol and Iowa. It is only a caucus for god's sake, not a primary. I probably could vote in the Iowa caucus if I want to take the time and money to schlep there from my lovely Pennsylvania abode. :lol:

The ethanol subsidies should end, plain and simple.

It's corporate welfare and any candidate that yells and screams about government waste and overspending BUT also says ethanol subsidies is OK, is a fake, phony, fraud. Plus, those candidates prove that they are not politically savvy enough to fully understand that winning the Iowa caucus means nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

Tom
03-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Why do they bother having anything to do with Iowa?
This whole primary crap is just crap.

All we know for sure is the repubs have two whores running at this point.

"Oh, baby, you are so biiiig."

Give me a break.

Spiderman
03-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Why does Walker keep his hand in his pocket?

ArlJim78
03-09-2015, 11:38 AM
No flip flopping from Cruz. He stood on principle as usual.

“The answer you’d like me to give is ‘I’m for the RFS, darn it,’” Cruz responded. “That’d be the easy thing to do. But people are pretty fed up with politicians that run around and tell one group one thing and tell another group another thing. Then they go to Washington and don’t do anything they said they would do.”

He's for phasing out the subsidy over five years.

Tom
03-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Phase it out by Friday.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Why does Walker keep his hand in his pocket?Because he's not a liberal democrat. Then he'd be keeping his hand in our pockets, and taking liberally from the contents therein.

Spiderman
03-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Because he's not a liberal democrat. Then he'd be keeping his hand in our pockets, and taking liberally from the contents therein.
Try again, not even close

reckless
03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
No flip flopping from Cruz. He stood on principle as usual. He's for phasing out the subsidy over five years.

Plus, the great Ted Cruz is the only, make that the absolute only, GOP presidential hopeful that is against comprehensive immigration reform and amnesty.

Cruz is a man of character and principle... always.