PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Sunday, March 8

Teach
03-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Race One:

:1: Chickaletta. Highly-priced yearling: 165k. Yet to return dividends. Drops into the selling ranks. Eschews blinkers. Solid pedigree. Is the rail alive? Jockey switch: Angel Arroyo. Trying to find a place for this filly. This may be the spot? Touch of early speed.

:4: Gabby’s Brown. Just missed against better. Drops a rung. Leading with 70 yds. to go in last, albeit on a muddy track that she’s bred for. What can “Big Brown” do for you? Boundary, too. Will she play as well on a “good” track? Maybe.

:6: Minnie The Minx. Third in the Gabby’s Brown race. Outside may suit this horse. Rider change, Irad Ortiz, Jr., certainly will. Could be “The Sleeper”.

:7: Hythe Gardens. Showed little in last, yet off a beat slow. In a sprint, that can be the difference between hitting the board, or not. There is decent breeding: Dehere, but nuthin to do somersaults over.

Teach
03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Race Two:

:6: Bernstein Flambe get my nod. Won his last. Drops into the selling ranks. Cornelio Velasquez. Dom Schettino. Solid combo. 20% trainer when dropping off a win. Two for two at distance.

:4: Saluda looks like main threat. Ungraded NY State Sire Stakes. Junior Alvarado for Abigail Adsit.

:5: Omagoddonna was eased in last. I get a feeling this horse will either be a contender or get vanned off. Apprentice Angel Cruz for Chris Englehart.

:2: Wildcat Fury might be worth some attention, especially if the thawing track favors wet-track horses. This Forest Wildcat-bred filly is a moisture-favoring horse.

Teach
03-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Race Three:

:1: Lord Commander won convincingly at first asking in a maiden-special about a month ago. This is a big step up, but - as they say - this can be any kind of horse. Irad Ortiz, Jr, for trainer Todd Pletcher.

:5: Majestic Affair would certainly look like the horse to beat. My putting him second is based on his wet-track credentials, or should I say - lack thereof. Now, whoa, before you berate the messenger, this doesn't mean that this horse can't get all the enchiladas.

:4: Joe Franklin. This Bernstein-bred colt must be reckoned with and does, rightfully so, deserve attention. The colt was second in The Caposella a couple months ago. Will the layoff hurt? Time will tell. C.C. Lopez in the irons

:3: Regal Minister, a New York State-bred may be a wee bit overmatched. Yet, having said that, it wouldn't shock me if this Posse-bred colt finished off an exotic.

Teach
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Race Four:

:5: Two Seventeen fits well in this company. Second last time against similar. A slight improvement is all that is needed. Excellent record at Aqueduct and at the distance.

:2: BambisFrostyRacer has faced much better in recent tries; drops into selling ranks. This would appear to be the spot for this Giant's Causeway-bred colt.

:3: Tapin Mojo won his last against weaker at a similar distance. Any reprise of that recent effort and this Tapit-bred colt can be right there. Wet surface should help.

:1: Campion Lane is taking a sharp class. Just as water seeks its own level, horses drop until they find the right condition. This horse may have found his level.l;

Teach
03-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Race Five:

:4: Detail has raced in this company and now adds blinkers. No distraction excuses now. Solid rider-trainer combo: Irad Ortiz, Jr. and Chad Brown. This may the maiden-breaking day?

:5: YourCreditIsGood finished third in this company last time. Any slight improvement puts her in contention.

:3: Paradise Peak is stretching out for trainer Eddie Kenneally. That may be a prescription for a possibly winning effort. I'm looking for improvement here.

:2: Summon The Spirit has shown little thus far for trainer Jimmy Jerkens. Yet the filly fits and might just be part of an exotic ticket,

Teach
03-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Race Six:

:2: WildNiteAtTheOpera should benefit from any moisture. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for trainer Mark Hennig. Looks like a contender.

:3: Testosterone is catching some action and I can see why. No "Low-T" here. I thought I was catching a bargain; yet others see him as a viable choice.

:4: MoneyInYour Pocket is another horse who should benefit from a wet surface. He has been off for a while; that's a corn. Yet he's capable of completing a gimmick.

:5: Cousin Michael did nothing a couple weeks ago at Phillie. Just might wake up here an add value to an exotic.

Teach
03-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Race Seven:

:1: M J Plus is my upset try. The gelding's been away for a while, but David Jacobson's an excellent conditioner. Cornelio Velasquez in the irons.

:5: Great Attack is dropping; can't be ignored.

:6: Piquant is the main threat, but he was beaten by weaker in his last start.

:4: Risk Management fits in this company. Certainly capable of hitting tote.

Teach
03-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Race Eight:

:1: Street Lord

:7: Mambo At The Gym

:3: Finn's Quest

:5: Winter Games

Teach
03-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Race Nine:

:9: Signora Sofia
:6: Desert Spirit