PDA

View Full Version : Here's an Example

moneyandland
03-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Here's an example of how hard it is to win races Tom Albertrani 59-0-11-5, you know he's got the backing and stock and some of his horses ran big races at GP only to be 2nd to faster horses. Now tell me the guys winning 35-40% are "better horsemen" and "clean" lol

moneyandland
03-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Ain't racing GREAT, 0 wins at the meet, post about it wins next 2 races on card :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's 3-3 Today at GP still only batting 5%

cj
03-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Ain't racing GREAT, 0 wins at the meet, post about it wins next 2 races on card :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's won three today.

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 03:23 PM

He's 3-3 Today at GP still only batting 5%

An 0 for 59 guy has won 3 races in one day? That might be a first where an Ofer that large won 3 on the day they got their first win of the meet.

WJ47
03-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Here's an example of how hard it is to win races Tom Albertrani 59-0-11-5, you know he's got the backing and stock and some of his horses ran big races at GP only to be 2nd to faster horses. Now tell me the guys winning 35-40% are "better horsemen" and "clean" lol

Maybe you're a warlock! You brought him some good luck! :)

Elliott Sidewater
03-08-2015, 11:40 AM
An 0 for 59 guy has won 3 races in one day? That might be a first where an Ofer that large won 3 on the day they got their first win of the meet.
Wouldn't doubt it. I seem to remember that a trainer who was an ofer the meet at Delaware Park hit with two longshots on the same card during the last week of the meet, and then showed a positive flat bet ROI for the entire race meeting. I think his last name was Williams, but this was a long time ago. Racing has a way of showing you things that never happened before, if you follow it long enough. Another example was a friend of mine winning with the third best horse in a race, at 16-1. As the daylight winner was approaching the wire, the saddle slipped and the jockey was parallel to the ground on the horse's starboard side, still holding onto the reins for dear life. Seeing this, the horse who was running second shied a bit and that allowed my friend's horse to nip him for second by a nose. After a long delay and inquiry, the stewards (properly) ruled that winner was not carrying the jockey's weight at the wire and disqualified him. What was really most amazing to me was that the moment the race ended, my friend blurted out "we win". He processed all that happened in an instant and saw the outcome......wow.

reckless
03-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't doubt it. I seem to remember that a trainer who was an ofer the meet at Delaware Park hit with two longshots on the same card during the last week of the meet, and then showed a positive flat bet ROI for the entire race meeting. I think his last name was Williams, but this was a long time ago. Racing has a way of showing you things that never happened before, if you follow it long enough. Another example was a friend of mine winning with the third best horse in a race, at 16-1. As the daylight winner was approaching the wire, the saddle slipped and the jockey was parallel to the ground on the horse's starboard side, still holding onto the reins for dear life. Seeing this, the horse who was running second shied a bit and that allowed my friend's horse to nip him for second by a nose. After a long delay and inquiry, the stewards (properly) ruled that winner was not carrying the jockey's weight at the wire and disqualified him. What was really most amazing to me was that the moment the race ended, my friend blurted out "we win". He processed all that happened in an instant and saw the outcome......wow.

If memories serve me even a little, I believe my jockey rode one of those two winners. Around that time the trainers (it was a husband and wife team) won only a handful of races at Meadowlands, Pha Park, Laurel, Del Park, and Garden State, and I'm telling you, my rider won close to each and every one for them.

Elliott Sidewater
03-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Barry and Suzanne Garfinkel

onefast99
03-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Several years ago Jose Lezcano had the same issue right by the finish line at Monmouth Park there was no inquiry or anything he won the race but only Jose got into the winners circle as the horse was vanned off. I never knew of such a rule that you must carry the entire weight except when a jockey falls off and the horse wins jockeyless.

Capper Al
03-10-2015, 04:47 AM

It doesn't look above the board, does it? Also shows us how weak connection stats are on their own.

ultracapper
03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
This is Albertrani. Regardless of his stats he's a threat to go 3-3 anytime he has 3 entered. the 0fer is more the surprise than the 3fer3.

Elliott Sidewater
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
It doesn't look above the board, does it? Also shows us how weak connection stats are on their own.
I find it amazing that you are suspicious, do you think he wasn't trying during the entire meet, and then suddenly he decided the streak was over? What about the 17 seconds and thirds, those weren't attempts to win? This is the guy who upset the Preakness with Bernardini at $27.60 when Barbaro broke down. He's not just another trainer who abuses drugs, gets caught, and then can't train a dog to eat meat.

This is a streaky game, the old timers will remember that the great Steve Cauthen once rode 110 straight losers at Santa Anita, before fleeing to Europe to ride for the rest of his successful career. The point is that we should accept that these things just happen, I can't explain it (except perhaps in retrospect) and neither can you.

Capper Al
03-10-2015, 04:13 PM
I find it amazing that you are suspicious, do you think he wasn't trying during the entire meet, and then suddenly he decided the streak was over? What about the 17 seconds and thirds, those weren't attempts to win? This is the guy who upset the Preakness with Bernardini at $27.60 when Barbaro broke down. He's not just another trainer who abuses drugs, gets caught, and then can't train a dog to eat meat.

This is a streaky game, the old timers will remember that the great Steve Cauthen once rode 110 straight losers at Santa Anita, before fleeing to Europe to ride for the rest of his successful career. The point is that we should accept that these things just happen, I can't explain it (except perhaps in retrospect) and neither can you.

I said looks like with the facts you gave. And again connections stats are weak.