PDA

View Full Version : Best Television for Horse Racing

RacingFan1992
03-07-2015, 01:23 PM
I am looking for a television provider that includes all the horse racing channel. With Directv, I know they have TVG, NBCSN, Fox Sports 1, and NBC while with Dish Network, they have TVG, HRTV, NBCSN, Fox Sports 1, NBC, as well as the RTN. For Directv, its about $78/month for a package that includes those channels and for Dish Network all those channels are about $130/month. What do you use to observe to be the best deal. Do you think it is redundant to order all these channels that show the exact same thing? My main goal is to watch the races and not bet. Help me out. The only way I am able to watch live racing is on my NBC local channel which is the Triple Crown races and BC Classic so thats not much in the way of variety.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 02:57 PM
I am looking for a television provider that includes all the horse racing channel. With Directv, I know they have TVG, NBCSN, Fox Sports 1, and NBC while with Dish Network, they have TVG, HRTV, NBCSN, Fox Sports 1, NBC, as well as the RTN. For Directv, its about $78/month for a package that includes those channels and for Dish Network all those channels are about $130/month. What do you use to observe to be the best deal. Do you think it is redundant to order all these channels that show the exact same thing? My main goal is to watch the races and not bet. Help me out. The only way I am able to watch live racing is on my NBC local channel which is the Triple Crown races and BC Classic so thats not much in the way of variety.
Depends upon which tracks you wish to view.. Now, remember that TVG now owns HRTV. It is my understanding that TVG will show the major circuits while HRTV gets the rest.
With Dish in order to get TVG/HRTV, the smallest package ( Top 120) gets you there To add Fox Sports 1/2 you musy go with the Top 200 which is $10 more per month
With Directv, you must purchase the all sports package which includes the regional sports nets..I think it is $12 per month. That is in addition to your other services. So your $78 per month is now $90 per month.

joeslovo
03-07-2015, 03:59 PM
You don't need any provider.
Watch it online via computer and cast it over to the big screen.

hyipro
03-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Which is the best hardware for casting is over ? amazon or ??

joeslovo
03-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Chromecast or Apple TV are the state of the art for casting.
Another system called Airtame will supposedly outdo all.
They are ready for a beta production as we speak.
I signed up a year ago and they are still perfecting it.
But if you are thinking of having a morning punt on several tracks;then the best is to connect your laptop to the TV via a HDMI cable.
Use a wireless mouse and you can have the world's tracks at your fingertips...eg twinspires.com.