PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Live!

Teach
03-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Greeting from the frozen tundra: Eastern Massachusetts. I now know what bears must feel like when they come out of hibernation. We've had only a couple days above freezing in the last six weeks, not to mention record-breaking snows. I feel playing like "Motown's" Martha and The Vandellas 1963 hit, "Heat Wave" over and over again. Anyway...

Race One:

As the police detective said to the bank president, "It looks like an 'inside job'''. But who? Well, let's look at today's first-race field. #1 Push Baby Push with Dave Pinkney, Jr. intrigues me. My major concern is that the gelding's been away from the races for nearly three weeks. Only Dave Pinkney and his wife know how truly ready this horse is. Don't be fooled by the snappy Yonkers time. The "Hilltop" course plays fast; it's more like a circle than an oval. #2 Mr Bigglesworth also catches my attention. "Smitty's" solid in the bike; this aged gelding has a degree of back-class. Throw in the fact that the horse has drawn a series of outside starting posts and, well...perhaps, he's a factor here. Then, there's #3 Keystone Camaro. He's been besieged with a series of outside posts and sloppy tracks. Joe Bongiorno's no slouch. Yes #4 Caserati Hanover might do something, but I'm not enamored with him. I'll toss one more out, especially if you're playing exotics: #6 Super S Yzerman. This horse put in a decent qualifier in an "HD". His past times have been good at Canada's Maritime Provinces' tracks, e.g. Truro. Those tracks tend to be notoriously slow. A surprise. You never know; though I think the horse may need a race under his belt.

Teach
03-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Race Two:

#2 Brickyard Brewer looks like a contender here; he's faced better and draws an improved starting post. There may well be some value. Others to consider are: #3 Honeys Dragon. He won his last comfortably in solid time. Can be a player, as can #1 Artacus. He also won his last. The Stacy Chiodo trainee can be part here. Finally, #5 Prestissimo drops back down with the kind this aged gelding might be able to handle.

Teach
03-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Race Three:

The two "logicals" appear to be #1 Meat Loaf and #7 All My Life. Much will depend on how easily or hard it will be for Pat Berry to guide this 14-year-old Jate Lobell-bred gelding to the top. Make no mistake, this horse has a lot of heart; yet, I'm leaning in the direction of #1 Meat Loaf. Jim Marohn Jr's a solid driver who does very well at Monticello. #3 Real Mystical got parked out in his last as the chalk; chance to make amends. #5 Rise Above It might just be "a sleeper" here. His 1:51.4 at Pocono last year makes one sit up and take notice.

Teach
03-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Race Four:

#3 Bolder looks like "the class" here; yet winless and boardless in all seven starts this year, albeit against better. Today could be this gelding's wake up call. #2 Six Gun has also faced better; he should contend with these. Others to consider in the gimmick plays are: #4 The Bad Deputy; #5 Magnum Mike and #1 Crocodile Rock.

Teach
03-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Race Five:

The toteboard appears to be calling it; yet in what order? I'm going with #1 Forever Wild with Jim Marshall III. The gelding draws the pylons and should be within a good striking distance of the leaders. The gelding should be mounting a late charge as they pass the 3/4ers pole. Then there's #2 WishForABeachhouse with Eric Abbatiello. The gelding has not hit the tote in four tries this year. I think the horse can certainly do that. As for winning... My main concern is recent inactivity. #3 Sharp West Hanover can certainly be in the mix. Figures to be part of the equation. Second in his last put parked out for nearly a half-mile. A smoother trip... Then, there's #5 AmericasGotTalent and #4 What's The Story. Either of those two could easily be part of a gimmick.

Teach
03-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Race Seven:

I'm going out on the limb with a longshot try, #7 Sam's Pleasure. Not much early speed inside him. Eric Abbatiello's a good "gate-driver". If he can gun this gelding out to the lead off the gate, he might just find himself on the lead. Others I would consider are #6 Leg Up. Class-wise this horse fits well in this company. Jim Marshall helps. Also, #4 NitesICantRemember can surprise and add value. To mop up a gimmick, consider #5 That's Justice and #1 Northern Prize.

Teach
03-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Race Eight:

#1 Rocks N Bonds figures to be tough here from the rail. Far from a lead-pipe cinch in this wide-open race. Others to consider: #2 Battle Call fits well in this company. Jim Marohn, Jr.'s a plus. #5 Tidewater Teddy might surprise. Another horse that fits well here. #8 FastLaneLuke can add value to an exotic.

Teach
03-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Race Eight:

#4 Bell's Panacea looks best here off Meadowlands race against much better. #3 GotTheJobDone Mate was parked out in his last. Better trip; hits tote. #1 Mr Shadow should benefit from the pylons and #2 Arts Blaze appears a bit overmatched but might just finish off a gimmick.

Teach
03-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Race Nine:

#5 Destination Moon N looks to be a contender though stepping up. #6 Rage N Ryan should be the major threat. #4 Auckland Flyer could surprise. Then there's #1 Caution Signs who could be "the sleeper" here.

Teach
03-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Race Ten:

#1 SmokeALittleSmoke appears to be a stick-out here. May well have need last. #4 [B]Pacific Okey Dokey is a veteran campaigner who's faced better. #3 Momma's Artist and #4 Brickyard Wayne could add value to gimmicks. #5 C'mon Buzz Off might just complete an exotic.

Teach
03-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Race Eleven:

#2, #3, #1, #s 6 and 7

Teach
03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Race Twelve:

#3, #1, #4, #5, #6

cmp92
03-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Race Ten:

#1 SmokeALittleSmoke appears to be a stick-out here. May well have need last. #4 [B]Pacific Okey Dokey is a veteran campaigner who's faced better. #3 Momma's Artist and #4 Brickyard Wayne could add value to gimmicks. #5 C'mon Buzz Off might just complete an exotic.
Horse romped here. Too bad we couldn't get better than 1/5. Good call, though.

cmp92
03-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Race Eleven:

#2, #3, #1, #s 6 and 7
Likewise.

Very close win photo in this race. The horse coming first-over really didn't get close. Lems got up in the knick of time. 9/5 was fair on him.