PDA

View Full Version : DEMS starting to eat their own

davew
03-06-2015, 08:43 PM
U.S. federal authorities are set to bring criminal charges against New Jersey Democratic Senator Robert Menendez, CNN reported on Friday. Menendez allegedly used his Senate office to push the business interests of a Democratic donor and friend in exchange for gifts, CNN said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-to-charge-democratic-senator-menendez-of-new-jersey-with-corruption-cnn/ar-AA9t8di?ocid=ansnewsreu11

Clocker
03-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Got to keep the troops in line. Menendez had the audacity to criticize Obama.

Des Moines, Iowa -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) suggested Saturday that the Justice Department’s criminal corruption charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) are political retribution against the New Jersey Democrat for opposing the White House’s negotiations with Iran.

Cruz made the allegations to a throng of reporters jammed into the corner of a tent outside the Iowa Ag Summit in Des Moines without even having been asked about the Menendez criminal charges.

“The announcement this week by the Justice Department that they were bringing charges against Bob Menendez — I will point out that the timing seems awfully coincidental that … in the very week that Bob Menendez showed incredible courage to speak out and call out President Obama for the damage that his policy is doing to our national security … the Justice Department announces they’re moving forward with the criminal prosecution,” Cruz said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/234966-cruz-menendez-probe-politically-motivated

ArlJim78
03-09-2015, 01:23 PM
yeah they could have done this at any time, of course they didn't before the election. Now with Menendez a thorn in their side on Iran, they go after him for payback. It's no secret that if you cross the regime you will be punished.
We live in a dictatorship where laws are enforced at the discretion of dear leader, as it suits his further policy objectives and also as an attack on enemies.

Clocker
03-09-2015, 01:29 PM
We live in a dictatorship where laws are enforced at the discretion of dear leader, as it suits his further policy objectives and also as an attack on enemies.

Would that be like prosecutorial discretion? :eek:

NJ Stinks
03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I think Menendez and that former governor of Virginia have a lot in common. It's a good thing that the Justice Department is investigating Menendez.

Of course, you guys have to spin a good thing into a devious plot. It's what you do. :rolleyes:

davew
03-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I think Menendez and that former governor of Virginia have a lot in common. It's a good thing that the Justice Department is investigating Menendez.

Of course, you guys have to spin a good thing into a devious plot. It's what you do. :rolleyes:

How many other DEMs could they go after with equivalent indiscretions? I predict the number is much higher than none.