PDA

View Full Version : TVG is a real complete joke now !!!!!!

satrabyk
03-06-2015, 06:18 PM
With the takeover of HRTV the only tracks they care about now are GP, SA and GG. They have abandoned coverage of the rest they used to cover. No longer will you see live races of AQU, TAM, HAW, TP etc.. It's more important for them to show post parades of GP/SA/GG. A complete joke now. Who needs them ????

FrankieFigs
03-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Some (if not all) of those tracks you listed will be on HRTV in the future.

lamboguy
03-06-2015, 07:05 PM
TVG is anything but a joke, they just put up $75 million to buy up HRTV in a game that is steeply declining

tanner12oz
03-06-2015, 07:19 PM
With the takeover of HRTV the only tracks they care about now are GP, SA and GG. They have abandoned coverage of the rest they used to cover. No longer will you see live races of AQU, TAM, HAW, TP etc.. It's more important for them to show post parades of GP/SA/GG. A complete joke now. Who needs them ????

Sa is the best product out there..i want them to show as much of it as possible.grainy video of nickel claimers running in snowsqualls in Illinois isn't exactly a big draw

ronsmac
03-06-2015, 07:56 PM
With the takeover of HRTV the only tracks they care about now are GP, SA and GG. They have abandoned coverage of the rest they used to cover. No longer will you see live races of AQU, TAM, HAW, TP etc.. It's more important for them to show post parades of GP/SA/GG. A complete joke now. Who needs them ????I'm not going to call it a complete joke, but so far not so good with the merger. Hopefully things get better. At least from my perspective I hope they get better.

davew
03-06-2015, 07:59 PM
many tracks cancelled due to weather, how do you know what their plans to cover are?

Shelby
03-06-2015, 09:29 PM
TVG is anything but a joke, they just put up $75 million to buy up HRTV in a game that is steeply declining

I completely agree.

Stillriledup
03-06-2015, 10:17 PM

I think racing fans might say "how does this benefit my pocket"?

FrankieFigs
03-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Nothing TVG does benefits my pocket. The only thing that benefits MY pocket is what I do with MY money.

lamboguy
03-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I think racing fans might say "how does this benefit my pocket"?its pretty easy to pick up things with that station, i make plenty of money watching them.

Robes
03-07-2015, 10:08 AM

TVG has been a complete joke for years,all they do is tout p4 and p6 tickets that have no chance,and then you have the 2 clowns Todd and Matt who think a horse racing show is the comedy channel, I love what they say when the horses are ready to break (((Todd. Quickly final thoughts who you like Simon I'll go withe 5 yeah the 5,Paul. The 6 yeah the 6 or maybe the 8)) meanwhile the horses are @ the 1/4 pole,who gives a rats ass who they like just give me scratches,updates on track conditions and such.

RunForTheRoses
03-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I think TVG coverage is flawed in its presentation but I think it is a real positive that they picked up Gulfstream.

Inner Dirt
03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
What used to irritate me was when they would skip races they had listed to cover or show them 15 minutes after they were over to spend time talking about nothing. Bob Baedeker is the one I hated the most he is nothing but a low class tout and came from a family of tip sheet sellers. If he picked a 3-1 shot that won he would not stop talking about it, and on the reverse if he tabbed a loser it would get no mention after the race was over, even if it was a 1-5 shot that never picked up it's feet. I have not watched TVG in years, I just watch the races on the TVG website.

Canarsie
03-07-2015, 11:06 AM

The 75 million you are writing about is equivalent to the NFL signing bonus. To set the record straight they didn't put up 75 mil in cash please show me where it states that. They are paying seven mil a year for broadcast rights of Stronach properties that they didn't have before. If you even deduct the 4.3 million they pay now the deal is valued at less than 42 million. Also I still think Gulfstream and others will keep their income that people wager on at GP and the lot. Maybe one of the knowledgable people who are sponsors on the board could provide info on this.

If Betfair (not tvg they are a pawn in all of this) decides to keep HRTV and pay the dime or so for each subscriber I would be shocked.

http://www.drf.com/news/tvg-acquires-lone-television-competitor-hrtv

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 11:55 AM
who gives a rats ass who they like just give me scratches,updates on track conditions and such.

Obviously, you do. It's a network designed around an ADW. This was never kept secret.

letswastemoney
03-07-2015, 11:58 AM
I've always been satisfied with the simulcast feed.

Missing NYRA on TVG or HRTV? Well Andy Serling and company put on a great show in the simulcast feed before every race. I don't see the problem.

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 11:58 AM
For those who hate TVG so much, the question is: what do you expect? It's an ADW network that happens to show live racing, to millions who never even used their service. Talk about ingrates.

Robes
03-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Obviously, you do. It's a network designed around an ADW. This was never kept secret.

Best way I have found to narrow a field down to the true contenders,is to note who Todd S, Matt C and LTG like and quickly eliminate them.😂😂

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 12:55 PM
For those who hate TVG so much, the question is: what do you expect? It's an ADW network that happens to show live racing, to millions who never even used their service. Talk about ingrates.

Maybe they expect a little less clowning around and a running ROI total on all the tickets that each host gave out over the years? Also, while i'm asking for things, would it be too much to ask each host who gives out a ticket to actually play that ticket with his or her own money?

duncan04
03-07-2015, 01:06 PM

It amazes me that people still don't understand that. That is why the promote pick 4's and pick 6's. They know people like those bets and are trying to get people to wager with their ADW

therussmeister
03-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Maybe they expect a little less clowning around and a running ROI total on all the tickets that each host gave out over the years? Also, while i'm asking for things, would it be too much to ask each host who gives out a ticket to actually play that ticket with his or her own money?
Yes it is too much to ask. If they are required by their employer to give out tickets for those races, they shouldn't necessarily be expected to play that ticket. Instead their employer should not require them to make picks in races they don't like.

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes it is too much to ask. If they are required by their employer to give out tickets for those races, they shouldn't necessarily be expected to play that ticket. Instead their employer should not require them to make picks in races they don't like.

I just have a problem with someone recommending a 40 or 50 dollar play to someone else when they're not playing it themselves.

I know this may be a novel concept, but how about letting the experts be experts and only release plays they are betting themselves even if they're not Pick anything's at tracks they're unfamiliar with?

I agree with you that no way they should be making recommended plays in races they wouldn't play with their own money and if you must release plays, give the full disclosure that this is a play you're not making yourself.

satrabyk
03-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Today race 2 at Tampa - race run and prices posted. TVG stuck with Gulfstream with several minutes to post time. Good job Frank Stronach. Your product takes over TVG and people still get to bet on Xpressbet and you also pocketed millions. And biggest joke of all Betfair can't even offer exchange markets on your tracks. You're a genius. What is Betfair thinking ????????

cj
03-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Tampa races are on HRTV.

satrabyk
03-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Tampa races are on HRTV.

Race 3 Tampa same thing as above. Do not have access to HRTV. I don't give a damn about Gulfstream Park anyways - too tough to handicap. Might as well pick numbers out of a hat. And most important of all not covered on Betfair.....

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Sometimes they do play the tickets they tout. If you think they suck at handicapping, why rely on them to do your job? I highly doubt that by now too may regulars play the tickets show at TVG, since they obviously don't hit them enough.

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I just have a problem with someone recommending a 40 or 50 dollar play to someone else when they're not playing it themselves.

I know this may be a novel concept, but how about letting the experts be experts and only release plays they are betting themselves even if they're not Pick anything's at tracks they're unfamiliar with?

I agree with you that no way they should be making recommended plays in races they wouldn't play with their own money and if you must release plays, give the full disclosure that this is a play you're not making yourself.

Newspapers, the Form, in-house handicappers all give tickets and horses they don't play. What else is new?

How about you quit looking at "expert's" selections and handicap yourself?

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Sometimes they do play the tickets they tout. If you think they suck at handicapping, why rely on them to do your job? I highly doubt that by now too may regulars play the tickets show at TVG, since they obviously don't hit them enough.

I'm not saying they suck at anything, why not disclose ROI? Also, i never said a rely on them to do anything.

cj
03-07-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm not saying they suck at anything, why not disclose ROI? Also, i never said a rely on them to do anything.

They are an ADW, attempting to stimulate discussion and drive handle, nothing more. They don't recommend you bet their tickets as far as I know. They are showing one way to structure tickets and talk about horses in the races.

As for the guy that doesn't like them not showing Tampa, they are an ADW. If you are a customer, you can watch online. If you aren't, well, they probably aren't catering to you is my guess. You think they get more handle on Guflstream or Tampa?

cj
03-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Matt's ROI goes up substantially.

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 02:45 PM
They are an ADW, attempting to stimulate discussion and drive handle, nothing more. They don't recommend you bet their tickets as far as I know. They are showing one way to structure tickets and talk about horses in the races.

As for the guy that doesn't like them not showing Tampa, they are an ADW. If you are a customer, you can watch online. If you aren't, well, they probably aren't catering to you is my guess. You think they get more handle on Guflstream or Tampa?

Wouldn't showing their positive ROIs help drive handle in a big way?

thespaah
03-07-2015, 02:46 PM
TVG is disliked due to the fact that they could do a better job in as far as presentation.
The hosts gobble up too much time with idle chatter and pushing horizontal wagers.
HRTV's presentation of horse racing has always been much stronger.
Bottom line, if TVG is going to treat NYRA like a second class operation, they are in big trouble..
Adn please, don't come back with "the coverage of Belmont and Saratoga will be better. Nonsense.
Every summer we get treated to TVG's ( especially Schrupp's) man crush on Del Mar...Which he annoyingly pronounces as del MAR...At TVG Saratoga is presented in an "oh well I guess we have to go live to Saratoga and that's only because the on track reporter at del MAR doesn't have some dopey fan with a fruit basket on their head ready to yap into the reporter's mic."

cj
03-07-2015, 02:56 PM

Who said they have positive ROIs? I don't know what the ROIs are, and I doubt you do either. My opinion is the tickets are more about generating interest in betting. Obviously if everyone plays their tickets, that is a pretty stupid ticket to play since it is a parimutuel game, but I'm sure you know that.

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 03:02 PM
TVG is disliked due to the fact that they could do a better job in as far as presentation.
The hosts gobble up too much time with idle chatter and pushing horizontal wagers.
HRTV's presentation of horse racing has always been much stronger.
Bottom line, if TVG is going to treat NYRA like a second class operation, they are in big trouble..
Adn please, don't come back with "the coverage of Belmont and Saratoga will be better. Nonsense.
Every summer we get treated to TVG's ( especially Schrupp's) man crush on Del Mar...Which he annoyingly pronounces as del MAR...At TVG Saratoga is presented in an "oh well I guess we have to go live to Saratoga and that's only because the on track reporter at del MAR doesn't have some dopey fan with a fruit basket on their head ready to yap into the reporter's mic."

They are an ADW network. Nothing more, nothing less. Look, I wish there was more to watch, but they don't owe us anything more than what they do, which is generate handle on the high handle tracks they carry wagering on. They are not in this for the hardcore player with his laptop open to twinspires.

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Who said they have positive ROIs? I don't know what the ROIs are, and I doubt you do either. My opinion is the tickets are more about generating interest in betting. Obviously if everyone plays their tickets, that is a pretty stupid ticket to play since it is a parimutuel game, but I'm sure you know that.

They seem to have fairly large egos...you know, most of them anyway...seems like with all the big talk you would think they're least break even players and would want to show that ROI. Its just more transparent, if they have nothing to hide, why hide the ROI?

cj
03-07-2015, 03:20 PM
They seem to have fairly large egos...you know, most of them anyway...seems like with all the big talk you would think they're least break even players and would want to show that ROI. Its just more transparent, if they have nothing to hide, why hide the ROI?

Stop trolling, you're done here.

Tom
03-07-2015, 03:25 PM

The negative ones would balance out the positive ones.
They do not care if you win or lose.

When you think TVG, think of the guy selling the sham-wows!
Same thing.

cj
03-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Same thing.

He's cleaning up his act!

xdI9ScxvIwM

Tom
03-07-2015, 03:43 PM
VINCE!

I couldn't think of his name! :lol: :lol:

mountainman
03-07-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure he died recently....

upthecreek
03-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Matt's ROI goes up substantially.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TVG/status/574296350705102848?s=09

cj
03-07-2015, 04:01 PM

I don't think so.

lamboguy
03-07-2015, 04:11 PM
I don't think so.
he is thinking about Billy Mays or Maise or however you spell it

castaway01
03-07-2015, 04:13 PM

You're probably thinking of Billy Mays, who did a ton of infomercials for cleaning products like this (but not for ShamWow). He died in 2009.

therussmeister
03-07-2015, 05:43 PM

Same thing.
They should care. Winners are likely to bet more money more often.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 06:06 PM

A couple years ago, TVG tried this concept where the expert picks( term used loosely) were given out in part. In order to see the entire grid of picks one had to sign up for TVG's ADW. So in effect they were recommending plays. And they wanted viewers to pay for those picks.
Eventually, TVG dumped the feature.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 06:21 PM
They are an ADW network. Nothing more, nothing less. Look, I wish there was more to watch, but they don't owe us anything more than what they do, which is generate handle on the high handle tracks they carry wagering on. They are not in this for the hardcore player with his laptop open to twinspires.
Yeah...For those of us displaced into areas of the country where ADW wagering is illegal( WHY?) we just want to watch.
This deal with TVG/HRTV sucks for me.
If TVG is "just an ADW" then please, get lost and open up the band width for something else.
Ya know what, that won't happen. A spot on pay tv services allows TVG to sell ads. And that IMO brings us right back to my main point. If HRTV can present a good watchable product, why is TVG on the short bus?
BTW, TVG did nothave AQU on their schedule. Neither did HRTV.
AQU is back on HRTV tomorrow. And looking at HRTV's calendar which goes well into April, AQU's last day on HRTV appears to be 3/28....

JustRalph
03-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Vince is alive and well. I just saw his newest commercial

https://www.invinceable.com/?mid=4947859

Edit:

Right after creating this post I get this ad on Facebook

RunForTheRoses
03-07-2015, 06:33 PM
I think Loduca is the only one who is betting any real money, he must have held onto some of that baseball money. His tickets, if he plays a particular sequence are probably a lot more than what is listed. The other day he made comments that he doesn't have much faith in Beyers, later on one of his colleagues called him a numbers guy, apparently uses one of the sheets.
The others probably don't have a heck of a lot of money and need to pay bills. I doubt if the job is all that lucrative.

cj
03-07-2015, 06:33 PM
A couple years ago, TVG tried this concept where the expert picks( term used loosely) were given out in part. In order to see the entire grid of picks one had to sign up for TVG's ADW. So in effect they were recommending plays. And they wanted viewers to pay for those picks.
Eventually, TVG dumped the feature.

I remember, not really the same thing. I also don't think it was a pay service, just had to be a TVG account holder for access. (correct me if I'm wrong!) I have no idea if the picks were any good, I haven't had a TVG account since they shut me down while I was in Saudi Arabia because I was an Oklahoma resident. They haven't opened to the state since. I was actually worried because it was right after one of the best weekend's of my life (War Emblem, straight Oaks/Derby double, etc) and I thought they were closing me because I had bet illegally or something. All I got online was that my account had been closed.. But that wasn't it, they sent a check for my full balance.

cj
03-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Vince is alive and well. I just saw his newest commercial

https://www.invinceable.com/?mid=4947859

How do you think this got started? (I posted the ad)

RunForTheRoses
03-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Best way I have found to narrow a field down to the true contenders,is to note who Todd S, Matt C and LTG like and quickly eliminate them.😂😂

I rarely have the sound on until close to when the race goes off. It sucks when I dope out a 6/1 or so and when I turn the volume on and one of the chuckleheads (usually Matt, I know he hitbig today but...) Luvs that horse.

JustRalph
03-07-2015, 06:36 PM
How do you think this got started? (I posted the ad)

Oops....now we're all infected with vince

I just went back, don't know how I missed that.

Btw, I only bought five

Bullet Plane
03-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I was watching TVG on fox sports and at 5 they went off the air.

They said to watch them on the internet!

They can't get the San Felipe on Fox?

Cal Poly Basketball takes priority?

YGBSM!!!!

fronti
03-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Who is gone from HRTV? I see that the TVG guys are handling coverage, and Christina is back on TVG. I heard Kurt Hoover, who else?

JustRalph
03-07-2015, 07:04 PM
So, who is doing the commentary on HRTV ? I don't recognize anybody?

thespaah
03-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I remember, not really the same thing. I also don't think it was a pay service, just had to be a TVG account holder for access. (correct me if I'm wrong!) I have no idea if the picks were any good, I haven't had a TVG account since they shut me down while I was in Saudi Arabia because I was an Oklahoma resident. They haven't opened to the state since. I was actually worried because it was right after one of the best weekend's of my life (War Emblem, straight Oaks/Derby double, etc) and I thought they were closing me because I had bet illegally or something. All I got online was that my account had been closed.. But that wasn't it, they sent a check for my full balance.
So did TVG end wagering for OK residents?
I am reading where one can get around ADW's snooping into actual locations by using a virtual private network ( VPN)...This essentially masks the IP Address of a computer. And if I'm not mistaken, the address the host site's server "sees" changes constantly. The intent is to prevent getting bombarded with ads and other junk that is targeted to the area of the IP origin..
As for the membership to TVG, I do not believe there was a charge for membership, but in order to watch the video feed, one had to generate a certain amount of handle.
In any event, my gripe is TVG hosts are what they are, but having to watch TVG for the tracks I want to view pisses me off. I liked having HRTV as an alternative. That's gone now.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Who is gone from HRTV? I see that the TVG guys are handling coverage, and Christina is back on TVG. I heard Kurt Hoover, who else?
Was watching HRTV prior to 6pm Eastern. Christina Blacker was hosting with another person.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 07:16 PM
just went back over to HRTV...Gino is on there now. They are covering MNR and Turfway

cj
03-07-2015, 07:22 PM
So did TVG end wagering for OK residents?
I am reading where one can get around ADW's snooping into actual locations by using a virtual private network ( VPN)...This essentially masks the IP Address of a computer. And if I'm not mistaken, the address the host site's server "sees" changes constantly. The intent is to prevent getting bombarded with ads and other junk that is targeted to the area of the IP origin..
As for the membership to TVG, I do not believe there was a charge for membership, but in order to watch the video feed, one had to generate a certain amount of handle.
In any event, my gripe is TVG hosts are what they are, but having to watch TVG for the tracks I want to view pisses me off. I liked having HRTV as an alternative. That's gone now.

Yes, they ended it for OK.

I can mask where I am on the computer, but I can't mask my state of legal residence.

thespaah
03-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Yes, they ended it for OK.

I can mask where I am on the computer, but I can't mask my state of legal residence.
Yeah, understood. Can you use ANY ADW's?

JimG
03-07-2015, 07:42 PM
HRTV hosts today.

From 12 to 1 Vercruysse and Siegel were on.

From 1 to 3 Matt Joyce and Millie Ball

Next shift was Scott Hazelton and Christina Blacker

Unsure after that.

JimG
03-07-2015, 07:47 PM
I am unable to get either channel on television. Therefore, since SA, GP, and NYRA were always on HRTV, I bought the streaming for a year.

Today was a big day at all 3 tracks and NONE of them were on HRTV. Prior to the takeover, it is guaranteed they would have been on HRTV today.

I certainly have access to track feeds, so I did not miss anything. But sometimes I like the background noise while I am doing other things at my desk. I think TVG needs to take care of the streaming fans with a stream of their channel as well.

Jim

cj
03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah, understood. Can you use ANY ADW's?

Sure, no problem using BetPTC, Xpressbet, or TwinSpires.

whodoyoulike
03-07-2015, 08:28 PM

Is having fairly large egos unusual among the the horse players you've encountered?

I would hope it's a requisite to be an on-air personality. Think how their opinions would be presented if they didn't have big egos.

thaskalos
03-07-2015, 08:49 PM
They don't have big egos. It's just that they overdo it with the silliness because they fancy themselves to be "entertainers". How can you have a big ego when you spend half your time talking about your depleted betting account?

wisconsin
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah...For those of us displaced into areas of the country where ADW wagering is illegal( WHY?) we just want to watch.
This deal with TVG/HRTV sucks for me.
If TVG is "just an ADW" then please, get lost and open up the band width for something else.
Ya know what, that won't happen. A spot on pay tv services allows TVG to sell ads. And that IMO brings us right back to my main point. If HRTV can present a good watchable product, why is TVG on the short bus?
BTW, TVG did nothave AQU on their schedule. Neither did HRTV.
AQU is back on HRTV tomorrow. And looking at HRTV's calendar which goes well into April, AQU's last day on HRTV appears to be 3/28....

I get frustrated, too. But they are not there to please us. That's all I am saying.

cj
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
SRU got the red card in this thread.

FrankieFigs
03-07-2015, 09:00 PM

:lol:

thaskalos
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
My comment wasn't aimed at SRU necessarily; I just used his post for illustrative purposes.

It's not an "ego" thing with these guys. They know that their general audience is likely to be the unsophisticated type...and they choose to humor them and keep them...rather than to inform them, and LOSE them. You can't really inform an audience...if you yourself are still uninformed. :)

cj
03-07-2015, 09:08 PM
My comment wasn't aimed at SRU necessarily; I just used his post for illustrative purposes.

It's not an "ego" thing with these guys. They know that their general audience is likely to be the unsophisticated type...and they choose to humor them and keep them...rather than to inform them, and LOSE them. You can't really inform an audience...if you yourself are still uninformed. :)

I kind of understand, it isn't like hardcore players listen to anybody, so they probably should cater to the unsophisticated type. This is really my biggest point here, the people that gripe the most about TVG aren't the people TVG is necessarily trying to target.

thaskalos
03-07-2015, 09:13 PM
I kind of understand, it isn't like hardcore players listen to anybody, so they probably should cater to the unsophisticated type. This is really my biggest point here, the people that gripe the most about TVG aren't the people TVG is necessarily trying to target.
That's right. What possible reason does the serious player have to tune in to TVG?

cj
03-07-2015, 09:20 PM
That's right. What possible reason does the serious player have to tune in to TVG?

Watch the races in Hi Def on a big screen is why I do. I don't mind the hosts like others seem to mind them, I actually prefer them to HRTV (and said that before I ever dreamed of appearing on TVG) because I prefer entertainment, I'm not listening for the handicapping.

Stillriledup
03-07-2015, 09:39 PM

sgCDnMYDgUE

Curlin
03-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Watch the races in Hi Def on a big screen is why I do. I don't mind the hosts like others seem to mind them, I actually prefer them to HRTV (and said that before I ever dreamed of appearing on TVG) because I prefer entertainment, I'm not listening for the handicapping.

No doubt! I know my eyes are going downhill, but I know they aren't as bad as what hrtv is showing. Damn it, it's like do you want to watch a movie thru an atenna or hd?

thespaah
03-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Uh oh....The RED card..... :eek:

thespaah
03-07-2015, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

upthecreek
03-08-2015, 06:28 AM
HRTV hosts today.

From 12 to 1 Vercruysse and Siegel were on.

From 1 to 3 Matt Joyce and Millie Ball

Next shift was Scott Hazelton and Christina Blacker

Unsure after that.

Christina was hosting on TVG with Simon & Paul Lo duca later in the SA card

lamboguy
03-08-2015, 09:27 AM
i would love to know how many other joke places there were yesterday that let you bet $25 on SHARED BELIEF to win and gave you back your money in case you lost?

they have been around for about 15 years now and have come up with plenty of innovative things in their history. if they were so bad, how come they are the leader in their field and they are still around while other's are dead and gone?

Canarsie
03-08-2015, 11:14 AM
How can you have a big ego when you spend half your time talking about your depleted betting account?

hmmm using the other half to dress up as a giraffe. Both the producer and person who attempted that should at least been sent to the sidelines for thirty days if not permanently.

SandyW
03-08-2015, 11:21 AM
The programing now on TVG & HRTV has sunk to a new low since the merger.

SandyW
03-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Roger Stein & Lenny Shulman ripping the talking heads on TVG this morning. Boy oh boy are they right.

Canarsie
03-08-2015, 11:32 AM
i would love to know how many other joke places there were yesterday that let you bet $25 on SHARED BELIEF to win and gave you back your money in case you lost?

they have been around for about 15 years now and have come up with plenty of innovative things in their history. if they were so bad, how come they are the leader in their field and they are still around while other's are dead and gone?

Possibly because they are owned by an overseas company that has deep pockets. Their agenda isn't parimutuel racing they are just biding time to be first in line for all the goodies they want implemented.

The others are gone because there is no way to make a profit paying to be on cable. Even court tv died because it was a niche audience watching. Try breaking down Betfair's annual report (I haven't to be fair) and see if you can find out how much in the red TVG is. I'm talking about the channel independently from the adw.

I commend Betfair and think they have done a tremendous job since taking over TVG. While I can't stand a bunch of on air people who they employ I have the option of turning or shutting off the channel. They have free and paid contests, deals like SB yesterday, free TFUS, and much more.

If it wasn't for Betfair tvg would have lost their channel slot quite a few years ago. People scream for more races to be shown but if tvg went to a pay model (like roku) these same people will be screaming (and not paying) they have nerve.

Appy
03-08-2015, 11:48 AM
"...they are the leader in their field..."

Really? They are? I happen to appreciate what TVG and the HRTV folks, do.
I most liked that each network provided coverage of different tracks. However, I thought there was a distinct difference in presentation. Seemed to me like HRTV was the Lincoln/Cadillac version while TVG was the Ford/Chevy variety. I appreciate both for what they offered.
Now, with changes taking place, it is to be expected there will be a period of adjustment during which they look for whatever works best for their interests. I look forward to, and thank them for insuring a future of continued coverage for the sport of horse racing.

duncan04
03-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Lol geez you guys really hate TVG that much? Get a life. More important things than something so dumb. Yeah its not perfect but its so much better than before TVG came on. Be happy you can watch races and try to filter out the nonsense. Better then the days when racing was shown maybe on a weekend on big race days.

Enigma
03-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Today's Full-Card Schedule:

TVG: Aqueduct/Gulfstream/Tampa/Santa Anita.

HRTV: Fairgrounds/Turway/Oaklawn/Hawthorne/Golden Gate.

Nice balance balance if they stick to it.

FrankieFigs
03-08-2015, 12:11 PM

This is what I was looking for with the merger. An abundance of track coverage with no overlaps between channels. I agree with you...hope they stick to this format.

ronsmac
03-08-2015, 01:00 PM

Nice balance balance if they stick to it.Agreed. Much improvement over the 1st week of the merger.

Al Gobbi
03-08-2015, 01:01 PM

only the first seven from Tampa will be shown.

Tom
03-08-2015, 05:19 PM
This is what I was looking for with the merger. An abundance of track coverage with no overlaps between channels. I agree with you...hope they stick to this format.

GG 4th showing on both at the same time right now. :rolleyes:

And now, we get robbed of some Tampa races.
Guess expecting competence from TVG was a joke. All those thousands more races per year.....yeah, tell me about it. These guys are pathetic losers.

FrankieFigs
03-08-2015, 05:26 PM
GG 4th showing on both at the same time right now. :rolleyes:

I noticed that, too. More bashing coming..... :D

Tom
03-08-2015, 05:26 PM
They deserve it.

Tom
03-08-2015, 06:06 PM
So they showed Tampa 10th on HRTV.
Good plan, back and forth.

Shelby
03-08-2015, 06:27 PM
I would imagine it will take a bit to work out all of the kinks. I bet you'll be happier after a while.

I'm really thrilled with the changes. I'm sure it's been a lot of hard work behind the scenes.

Relwob Owner
03-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Lol geez you guys really hate TVG that much? Get a life. More important things than something so dumb. Yeah its not perfect but its so much better than before TVG came on. Be happy you can watch races and try to filter out the nonsense. Better then the days when racing was shown maybe on a weekend on big race days.

I am pretty much with you on this...the On Air talent is fine and some of the silly stuff people bitch about is a result of them feeling the need to cater to those who want to be entertained and not get just horse info(Im not in that camp but understand why they do it). After not watching as much recently before yesterday, I will say Paul La Duca definitely impressed me.

That being said, they have to do something about Britney Eurton. Her interviews are just not good. She did provide one great moment of unintentional humor when she excitedly asked Peter Walder how excited he was to be in a 1M race, as if it was his first time in a big race and he looked at her as if she had three heads and said as nicely as he could "this isn't my first rodeo"....I always liked Christina O in that role and not sure if she does it anymore much.

1st time lasix
03-09-2015, 10:17 AM
***TVG allows me to watch races and see results on my big screen HD TV.... I pay my cable operator extra per month for that privlege. I have no appreciation nor understanding why players bash the product. Far too much complaining over nothing. No one is forcing you to watch! I appreciate the chance to view. Why on earth would any true handicapper listen to their opinions to make plays? It is just entertainment. Far better than remote control robots. CBNC and Fox Financial have people making investment opinions all the time....do you buy or sell stock because of it?

Grits
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
***TVG allows me to watch races and see results on my big screen HD TV.... I pay my cable operator extra per month for that privlege. I have no appreciation nor understanding why players bash the product. Far too much complaining over nothing. No one is forcing you to watch! I appreciate the chance to view. Why on earth would any true handicapper listen to their opinions to make plays? It is just entertainment. Far better than remote control robots. CBNC and Fox Financial have people making investment opinions all the time....do you buy or sell stock because of it?

GREAT post!! Such common sense shared. It really isn't complicated is it? If something bothered me so much, why would I watch? Only so that I'd be able to come here and rant?

I have cable and Dish Network. It costs me close to $80 per month just for Dish, and I have it only for..TVG and HRTV. The only two channels I watch--out of Lord knows how many. I can hit the mute button at any point. Sure the chatter gets old; at times its too much. I like some hosts better than others. Some have better on air presence, better voices, some are more knowledgeable. Still, racing is better on a large screen HDTV than it is on my laptop regardless who is doing the commentary.

I do hope, though, that several members of the HRTV crew are incorporated, as they were this weekend. Caton, Christina, Jeff, Scott, etc, etc. I don't often use the term hate. Its overrated and useless! But, I really hate seeing people lose their jobs when they're good at them.

Would you refuse to watch NFL games because you didn't like Jim Nantz and Phil Simms? ... I don't think so.

Tom
03-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Would you refuse to watch NFL games because you didn't like Jim Nantz and Phil Simms? ... I don't think so.

I turn the sound down.
Can't stand Simms. :D

No need for more than one guy in the booth.
It's supposed to be about the game, not the has-been players trying to relive their glory days.

deathandgravity
03-09-2015, 11:37 AM
:ThmbUp:

lamboguy
03-09-2015, 11:49 AM
today TVG is supposed to have CJ on for an hour and a half reviewing the weekend races. i will listen to it attentively and take good notes. i caught one on Saturday from a prior lesson because i listened.

cj
03-09-2015, 11:54 AM
today TVG is supposed to have CJ on for an hour and a half reviewing the weekend races. i will listen to it attentively and take good notes. i caught one on Saturday from a prior lesson because i listened.

I'm generally on Wednesday if you mean me, and it is usually for about 10 minutes. Nobody wants to listen to me for an hour and a half!

lamboguy
03-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm generally on Wednesday if you mean me, and it is usually for about 10 minutes. Nobody wants to listen to me for an hour and a half!
they said yesterday it was going to be for 1 1/2 hours because of all the stake races this weekend

cj
03-09-2015, 12:08 PM
they said yesterday it was going to be for 1 1/2 hours because of all the stake races this weekend

Probably just hyperbole due to the amount of races, I'm actually working on the blog now, will probably cover 12 races there. Time permitting, we usually hit them all on TV now that all tracks are covered on one of the two networks. Hey, if they want me for an hgur and a half, I'm down! :)

davew
03-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Matt mentioned there were about 70 key stakes races over the weekend and was going to take about an hour and a half - but many have recognized he has a tendency to exaggerate.

wisconsin
03-09-2015, 01:45 PM

Amen! :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Probably just hyperbole due to the amount of races, I'm actually working on the blog now, will probably cover 12 races there. Time permitting, we usually hit them all on TV now that all tracks are covered on one of the two networks. Hey, if they want me for an hgur and a half, I'm down! :)

I'm in!

whodoyoulike
03-09-2015, 06:06 PM

Usually I see these posts when you're going to be on after the fact.

Is this TV, the website or both?

What time on Wednesday?

cj
03-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Usually I see these posts when you're going to be on after the fact.

Is this TV, the website or both?

What time on Wednesday?

Almost always just after 12 ET, usually the hosts talk about the weekend a bit, do a commercial, then I'm on, but it does vary a little.

whodoyoulike
03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Almost always just after 12 ET, usually the hosts talk about the weekend a bit, do a commercial, then I'm on, but it does vary a little.

Thanks, I'll have to check but, I don't believe TVG comes on in my area that early.

What about the website?

Relwob Owner
03-09-2015, 10:02 PM

This is the first I have heard of this and a huge congratulations your way. Best of luck and they are lucky to have someone with so much racing knowledge. I hope to catch you on there!

thaskalos
03-09-2015, 10:08 PM
I predict that you'll take over the whole show in no-time. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
03-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Jeff Siegel tweeted today that he and Aaron Vercruysse are out, no longer part of the talent rotation.

Siegel was one of the few that I could listen to. Not an improvement to lose him imo.

ReplayRandall
03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Jeff Siegel @HRTVJeff
· 4 hours ago
To those who have inquired, Aaron and I have completed our obligation to HRTV/TVG and will no longer be part of the talent rotation.

Jeff Siegel @HRTVJeff
· 4 hours ago
Both of us really appreciate all of the kind words bestowed upon us through the years by loyal viewers; we’re extremely flattered.

Jeff Siegel @HRTVJeff
· 4 hours ago
We have been offered a number of media-based opportunities related to the thoroughbred industry and are currently evaluating them.

cj
03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks, I'll have to check but, I don't believe TVG comes on in my area that early.

What about the website?

I don't know about the website, can't do TVG in Oklahoma yet.

They do post on Facebook sometimes I think, but I don't have that either, my wife told me :)

cj
03-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Here is the blog for this week:

https://www.tvg.com/blog/2015/03/10/timeformus-speed-figure-review-week-ending-march-8th/

Grits
03-10-2015, 01:08 PM

What about the website?

TVG usually begins airing at noon, EST, WDYL. Today, on Tuesday, because of less live racing, it showed a rerun of a TVG Classic. Today's programming is now on. Rich P. is hosting.

I just now looked at TVG's Twitter page. It has not quite 28K followers. That's a bit poor. I looked at their FB page. It has 68.5K followers. More than double. This is a much greater number of people paying attention--obviously there are horseplayers on FB given Twitter's limitations.)

On the subject of the TFUS segment . Because it is skyped maybe it makes the segment difficult (split screen involved--studio/home) to film and air elsewhere online, say, at TVG's website or FB.

Maybe something can be worked out? Most care more about this weekly segment video and its figures for stakes races than the daily videos of Rich, Simon, Matt and Paul's late Pick 4 choices. Handicappers will use the TFUS material, they will not always use the host's choices, filmed and reposted online or not. In TVG's favor, they offer great race replays. They have a well done page.

Why am I putting this here? Though it should be in the TFUS thread, most likely. Because they'll see it. They all read Pace Advantage, before reading Twitter, Facebook, TFUS or TVG. ... JMO. ;)

Say What
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Let's see your ROI smartie? I'm going to guess that your ROI, just like mine, is in the negative most of the time. If No Nay Never hangs on in the BC Turf Sprint I become a rare exception to the rule who is actually ahead lifetime...but I am not. Neither are you, neither is Schrupp, LoDuca or any of the HRTV hacks.

But the goal here is to encourage wagering and encourage new players to get into the game. Is that done by displaying the so-called experts awful ROI so as to get the new player thinking, "Wow...if this guy works here and sucks this bad, then why would I even bother trying to play this game."?

If TVG wanted to help their players more, they would guide their bettors toward lower takeout wagers with a higher hit frequency. Right now TVG is pushing pick 4s because they get a bigger cut of exotic wagers, but I believe by doing that and pushing newer players towards exotic bets with low hit frequency, they will hurt the racing business as well as their own business as people bust out too often on Pick 4s. That kills churn and a new player's desire to keep playing.

We all love this game but it is ridiculously hard to beat. The takeouts are too high and jackpot bets are sucking money out of the wagering economy and then dumping it all to one fortunate high roller. Jackpot wagers are the devil and everyone has one now.

So get off TVG and their lack of transparency about ROI. If we showed 99% of horse players ROI, we'd never have any new players wanting to get into this game.

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Let's see your ROI smartie? I'm going to guess that your ROI, just like mine, is in the negative most of the time. If No Nay Never hangs on in the BC Turf Sprint I become a rare exception to the rule who is actually ahead lifetime...but I am not. Neither are you, neither is Schrupp, LoDuca or any of the HRTV hacks.

But the goal here is to encourage wagering and encourage new players to get into the game. Is that done by displaying the so-called experts awful ROI so as to get the new player thinking, "Wow...if this guy works here and sucks this bad, then why would I even bother trying to play this game."?

If TVG wanted to help their players more, they would guide their bettors toward lower takeout wagers with a higher hit frequency. Right now TVG is pushing pick 4s because they get a bigger cut of exotic wagers, but I believe by doing that and pushing newer players towards exotic bets with low hit frequency, they will hurt the racing business as well as their own business as people bust out too often on Pick 4s. That kills churn and a new player's desire to keep playing.

We all love this game but it is ridiculously hard to beat. The takeouts are too high and jackpot bets are sucking money out of the wagering economy and then dumping it all to one fortunate high roller. Jackpot wagers are the devil and everyone has one now.

So get off TVG and their lack of transparency about ROI. If we showed 99% of horse players ROI, we'd never have any new players wanting to get into this game.

Fine...we'll get off the TVG hosts for the non-disclosure of their ROI. But can we at least blame them for encouraging the new players to make bets that they aren't yet ready for?

Say What
03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Fine...we'll get off the TVG hosts for the non-disclosure of their ROI. But can we at least blame them for encouraging the new players to make bets that they aren't yet ready for?

Absolutely and 1000% emphatically YES!

whodoyoulike
03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
TVG usually begins airing at noon, EST, WDYL. Today, on Tuesday, because of less live racing, it showed a rerun of a TVG Classic. Today's programming is now on. Rich P. is hosting.

I just now looked at TVG's Twitter page. It has not quite 28K followers. That's a bit poor. I looked at their FB page. It has 68.5K followers. More than double. This is a much greater number of people paying attention--obviously there are horseplayers on FB given Twitter's limitations.)...

Thanks. I guess I have a program called Trackside Live which uses TVG. The viewing hours varies per day. I seldom view it but instead rely on the website for my horse race viewing except on major race days. I used to have a dedicated HRTV channel but, it must have been dropped when I changed TV plans.

I don't Twitter or FB. Again, thanks for responding.

Stillriledup
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM

But 99% of horse players aren't paid for their expertise and 99% of horse players aren't on TV touting recommended wagers.

Also, there are SO many recommended wagers being thrown at the public by every analyst, wouldn't you love to know which analysts are doing better than others? Even if they're not actually in the black, maybe they are "beating the takeout" and that's fairly impressive right there....considering A) they're giving out their picks on tv and B) they're being forced to pick races they may not even like....so, if your ROI is -10% for example, to me, that's impressive and shows that the host is actually competent.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Absolutely and 1000% emphatically YES!

How are they supposed to know which of their viewers are new and which are experienced? Its a business and it isn't up to them to worry about whether someone is new and if they should know whether certain bets are sound. If someone walks up to a craps table in a casino and doesn't know what to do, should the casino then not have the dumb bets available to them? The answer is no. Both situations are buyer beware types and if someone gets into betting on races, they should do their due diligence first and then won't go with the bad wagerers, even if they are pushed onto them by the hosts.

wisconsin
03-10-2015, 06:10 PM
But 99% of horse players aren't paid for their expertise and 99% of horse players aren't on TV touting recommended wagers.

Also, there are SO many recommended wagers being thrown at the public by every analyst, wouldn't you love to know which analysts are doing better than others? Even if they're not actually in the black, maybe they are "beating the takeout" and that's fairly impressive right there....considering A) they're giving out their picks on tv and B) they're being forced to pick races they may not even like....so, if your ROI is -10% for example, to me, that's impressive and shows that the host is actually competent.

What, really, do you care about what the public plays, even if they follow these plays? If you are serious about the game you WANT those losing tickets played. :bang:

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 06:12 PM

SRU...I seldom watch TVG so I don't know...and I'd like to ask you:

Have they ever done a handicapping-type show...where a host actually dissects a race by applying some of the finer points of handicapping...while the past performances are displayed on a screen for all to see?

And if they have...was it an impressive showing?

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 06:18 PM
How are they supposed to know which of their viewers are new and which are experienced? Its a business and it isn't up to them to worry about whether someone is new and if they should know whether certain bets are sound. If someone walks up to a craps table in a casino and doesn't know what to do, should the casino then not have the dumb bets available to them? The answer is no. Both situations are buyer beware types and if someone gets into betting on races, they should do their due diligence first and then won't go with the bad wagerers, even if they are pushed onto them by the hosts.
Isn't it a given that their posted horizontal wagers are for the inexperienced viewers only? What experienced viewer in his right mind would be interested in piggy-backing on Todd Schrupp's pick-4 wagers?

JustRalph
03-10-2015, 06:22 PM

Have they ever done a handicapping-type show...where a host actually dissects a race by applying some of the finer points of handicapping...while the past performances are displayed on a screen for all to see?

Les Onaka.......on the quarters used to do this often. And he was damn good at the quarters

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Les Onaka.......on the quarters used to do this often. And he was damn good at the quarters

Anything similar for the thoroughbreds?

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Isn't it a given that their posted horizontal wagers are for the inexperienced viewers only? What experienced viewer in his right mind would be interested in piggy-backing on Todd Schrupp's pick-4 wagers?

I wouldn't agree that they are for inexperienced people only. They put them out there and of course, the inexperienced people will bet those wagers more. However, I also know people who sometimes use PP's and handicap seriously but also sometimes watch TVG in the background, often for a race or two, don't have PP"s handy and just like to have something as a action bet and go with the TVG picks.

I always find it funny that people don't realize that TVG is a business and are stunned that they would act in a way that will make their business the most money.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 06:33 PM

I dont watch TVG as much as I used to but I believe you have a good point here and the answer is "no". I wish they did. From what I have seen lately, Paul La Duca seems pretty sharp and it would be great if he did what you describe above. I would say the biggest issue is time, as they probably wouldn't have enough time to do it and still show all the tracks. Just a thought

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't agree that they are for inexperienced people only. They put them out there and of course, the inexperienced people will bet those wagers more. However, I also know people who sometimes use PP's and handicap seriously but also sometimes watch TVG in the background, often for a race or two, don't have PP"s handy and just like to have something as a action bet and go with the TVG picks.

I always find it funny that people don't realize that TVG is a business and are stunned that they would act in a way that will make their business the most money.

I make fun of them because most of them remain clueless about handicapping, even though they have been with the show for many years. Yes...they are in business to make money. But does that mean that they can't acquire a little handicapping knowledge...which might accidentally rub off on the unsuspecting racing beginner who might decide to tune in and watch?

Stillriledup
03-10-2015, 06:37 PM

What they have been doing recently is highlight PP pages and talk about running lines in a handicapping kind of way. They'll show you basics like beaten lengths and maybe something in the paper PPs that might be of interest, but as far as it being impressive goes, i'm a video guy, so if they're not telling me about a little nuance they caught off endless hours of replay work, i don't know if what they're doing is "impressive".

To me, i think i'd be more impressed with an someone saying that there was a little tidbit they picked up off replay that was hidden and subtle and then came up with an theory that was wrapped around that tidbit, but to me, if they're not talking information that they have gotten from replay watching, i don't view what they're doing impressive.

thaskalos
03-10-2015, 06:40 PM
I dont watch TVG as much as I used to but I believe you have a good point here and the answer is "no". I wish they did. From what I have seen lately, Paul La Duca seems pretty sharp and it would be great if he did what you describe above. I would say the biggest issue is time, as they probably wouldn't have enough time to do it and still show all the tracks. Just a thought
That's what I mean. Pick a host who knows what he is doing, and have him give the public some lessons on the finer points of handicapping...instead of all those silly racing programs that I remember them hosting. Having more educated viewers can only help their business...IMO.

Stillriledup
03-10-2015, 06:49 PM

"Making the most money" is really tricky to call because if you're doing things that damage your long term gains for shorter term gains, are they really "making money"? If you treat your customer base like idiots, toss endless pick 4s at them from tracks all over the country and hide your ROI on all these bets, its really hard to say they're really maximizing their profit potential.

For example, i've discussed here that they have never "skipped" a sequence or ever said that they, in their expert opinion, recommend skipping this sequence because its too hard...now, you might say "but that will cost them money" but will it really cost them money if just once in a blue moon, for a lark, they just skipped a sequence while trying to appear that they care about their customers and if they win or not? Would the "Rare skip" go a long way to the perception that when they Do release a ticket, its a ticket that could theoretically have been skipped? In other words, if you skip once in a while, wouldnt it be financially beneficial to have your customers thinking to themselves that the sequence that's being released as a recommended play has gone thru a vetting process and made it thru the idea that skipping is an option and therefore, makes the recommended play more valid?

Also, is it really "making more money" if your are pointing your customers into 50 dollar wagers on pick 4s when if you released a win bet and an exacta instead, the customer would not only cash more tickets, but they would have more money on hand to churn? These large horiz bets lose way more than they win, as a betting provider, isn't churn important?

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 06:54 PM
That's what I mean. Pick a host who knows what he is doing, and have him give the public some lessons on the finer points of handicapping...instead of all those silly racing programs that I remember them hosting. Having more educated viewers can only help their business...IMO.

Agreed. It is indeed frustrating sometimes. I think that most outlets feel the need to entertain to bring in new fans in some way. My general thought is to cater to existing hard core fans, please them, get them to make more money and hope they share the game with others.

thespaah
03-10-2015, 11:46 PM
what time? Eastern....Thanks

cj
03-11-2015, 09:56 AM
what time? Eastern....Thanks

Just after 12.

forced89
03-11-2015, 10:05 AM
TVG is not perfect but I like being able to watch my horses run on a big screen TV. Sometimes seeing the race on tape delay is irritating but better than having to watch it real time on a smaller screen on my laptop. Thus even with its flaws I am glad it is there.

Relwob Owner
03-11-2015, 12:07 PM
TVG is not perfect but I like being able to watch my horses run on a big screen TV. Sometimes seeing the race on tape delay is irritating but better than having to watch it real time on a smaller screen on my laptop. Thus even with its flaws I am glad it is there.

I feel the same way but solved it by getting a Macbook and then using the Airplay to use what is on my compeer screen on my big screen. Not a stand out picture but not bad.

davew
03-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Just after 12.

You just started - 117 on Shared Belief+++
-curious how many minutes they will make this last, as they don't have much else going on.

cj
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
You just started - 117 on Shared Belief+++
-curious how many minutes they will make this last, as they don't have much else going on.

I even got a commercial break today! :)

Curlin
03-12-2015, 02:46 PM
tvg, whatever you do please stop the Star Guitar commercial!!

thespaah
03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Just after 12.
Is that most every Wednesday?
I know from here that you are a frequent guest. I never knew when to watch for your segment?

redshift1
03-12-2015, 09:35 PM

Looks like the audio is run at peak levels for 100% duration of the commercial including the ambient sounds. Combined with the music it makes a very effective commercial.

Stillriledup
03-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Looks like the audio is run at peak levels for 100% duration of the commercial including the ambient sounds. Combined with the music it makes a very effective commercial.

I don't think i've ever seen a horse sired by Star Guitar yet.....and it seems like i've been seeing that commercial for years now.

wisconsin
03-13-2015, 11:29 AM

Why would they stop a commercial that they derive revenue from?

Fingal
03-13-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't think i've ever seen a horse sired by Star Guitar yet.....and it seems like i've been seeing that commercial for years now.

And you probably won't outside of Louisiana or Texas, sounds like a regional sire somewhat like Unusual Heat in California. Unusual Heat is a good sire of turf, dirt & synthetics, but you don't see any in NY or Kentucky.

A tweet I saw on Paulicks site the other day. :ThmbUp:

Ray Paulick @raypaulick
Happy to learn that knowledgeable and popular handicapper Kurt Hoover will be joining combined @TVG-@HRTV on-air team in April.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-13-2015, 12:16 PM

I love the Star Guitar commercial.

cj
03-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Is that most every Wednesday?
I know from here that you are a frequent guest. I never knew when to watch for your segment?

Yes, pretty much every week, though there are a few I can't make from time to time.

thespaah
03-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Yes, pretty much every week, though there are a few I can't make from time to time.
How about a "cj appearance/non appearance complaint thread"?.....
A quick note on here would be great. My short term memory sucks... :mad:

anotherCAfan
03-14-2015, 04:46 PM
I love the Star Guitar commercial.
Star Guitar, Montel for Money Mutual, the commercials are so predictable. :)

JustRalph
03-14-2015, 07:19 PM
These TVG folks have a chance to really up the professionalism of these networks. Let's hope they don't blow it.

I saw Scott Hazelton working with Schrupp and Loduca, great improvement if you ask me. Hazelton I like......

FrankieFigs
03-14-2015, 07:40 PM
These TVG folks have a chance to really up the professionalism of these networks. Let's hope they don't blow it.

I saw Scott Hazelton working with Schrupp and Loduca, great improvement if you ask me. Hazelton I like......

They are working well together this afternoon. I've enjoyed having them in the background.

Surprised that Simon Bray is hosting with Gino on the "B" network. And did catch a little of Rich Perloff and Millie Ball earlier today. They weren't too bad.

If TVG plays their cards right, this merger can eventually turn in to a winner for 95% of us (5% are always gonna bitch and moan... :rolleyes: )

Lemon Drop Husker
03-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Star Guitar, Montel for Money Mutual, the commercials are so predictable. :)

Come on let me tell you something...

Ahhhhhhh.... come and get it! :jump:

Al Gobbi
03-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Well, I didn't watch TVG yesterday (I was at Raynham) but apparently they showed the Spiral on delay and stuck with races from Gulfstream and Santa Anita.

Also per the schedule, they are not planning to show the 8th today from Aqueduct.

johnhannibalsmith
03-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Every time I see it, I ask myself, "Who exactly in the hell is turning to Montel for financial assurances?".

Al Gobbi
03-28-2015, 04:12 PM
TVG shows the 1st from Golden Gate live, but puts the 6th from Aqueduct on tape to cover Gulfstream and Santa Anita post parades, then the entire warm-up from GP. I believe they put the 5th from Aqueduct on a 20 minute delay as well.

Milleruszk
03-28-2015, 07:44 PM
I understand that today was a big race day, with many more important races out of town, but Aqueduct coverage seems to be taking a back seat since the HRTV takeover. Before this every NYRA race was given priority.

FrankieFigs
03-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Personally, I don't mind Aqueduct taking a back seat right now. The better racing is coming from Gulfstream and Santa Anita.

Now when NYRA moves to Belmont, if the same is happening...then there is a big problem.

Canarsie
03-29-2015, 10:08 AM
This is just my opinion so please take it as that because all I'm doing is speculating.

Could it be possible that Betfair is trying to squeeze NYRA to get a reduction of its signal fee? Hopefully someone who is more educated on the subject will add or subtract to what I think.

BIG49010
03-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Surprised you just noticed this, there has been a California bias with both of these since they started. Tape a good race at Oaklawn the other day, and both TVG & HRTV showing a Golden Gate cheap claiming races. :bang:

Stillriledup
03-30-2015, 12:21 AM
This is just my opinion so please take it as that because all I'm doing is speculating.

Could it be possible that Betfair is trying to squeeze NYRA to get a reduction of its signal fee? Hopefully someone who is more educated on the subject will add or subtract to what I think.

This is a very good point.

TVG will show a 9 minute post parade of a 3,500 claimer at Los Al instead of a 500k race at Meadowlands Harness...so, the idea that they always give preference to the "bigger race" is rubbish.

duncan04
03-30-2015, 01:30 PM
This is a very good point.

TVG will show a 9 minute post parade of a 3,500 claimer at Los Al instead of a 500k race at Meadowlands Harness...so, the idea that they always give preference to the "bigger race" is rubbish.

Once again California racing takes presidence over any other race. People still don't understand that?? They are based in CA so that is their stance. Has always been since day one

Stillriledup
03-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Once again California racing takes presidence over any other race. People still don't understand that?? They are based in CA so that is their stance. Has always been since day one

So they'll show a "California race" before another race if it makes them less money? They had the chance to show you a Santa Anita race the other day, but they stayed at Gulfstream for the big race showing post parades and what seemed like a 9 minute delay before they actually ran that race. Never left Gulfstream to show you anything from California.

duncan04
03-30-2015, 03:34 PM
So they'll show a "California race" before another race if it makes them less money? They had the chance to show you a Santa Anita race the other day, but they stayed at Gulfstream for the big race showing post parades and what seemed like a 9 minute delay before they actually ran that race. Never left Gulfstream to show you anything from California.

Gulfstream is their new baby. In the example you posted earlier, Los Alamitos is one of their exclusive tracks so that always comes first. It's part of the contract.

thespaah
03-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Every time I see it, I ask myself, "Who exactly in the hell is turning to Montel for financial assurances?".
People with credit scores under 500...at 30% interest

thespaah
03-30-2015, 11:11 PM
TVG has always had a pro California racing bias...
It is culminated by the Del MAR ( Schrupp's pronunciation) man crush/bromance...
The fact that only until recently did TVG bother to send a crew to Saratoga while at least one roving reporter and two TVG hosts were at Del MAR every day of the meet.
I am not bashing Del Mar...it's a great meeting. However, compared to Saratoga, it's definitely in second place.

fmolf
03-31-2015, 07:06 AM
now there stance is even worse...they seemto be biased towards Stronach tracks and california tracks!...Just who is betting on those 5 horse fields from G.G. with the 3/5 favorite?.....I think that their account wagering is driving their coverage but am not certain....Can anyone shed any light on this subject.....They are probably biased towards the tracks that offer them the best deals?....NYRA will not cowtow to the breeders cup demands and will not cowtow to TVG , HRTV or Stronach either!

lamboguy
03-31-2015, 08:09 AM
now there stance is even worse...they seemto be biased towards Stronach tracks and california tracks!...Just who is betting on those 5 horse fields from G.G. with the 3/5 favorite?.....I think that their account wagering is driving their coverage but am not certain....Can anyone shed any light on this subject.....They are probably biased towards the tracks that offer them the best deals?....NYRA will not cowtow to the breeders cup demands and will not cowtow to TVG , HRTV or Stronach either!
TVG gets paid by the track to cover them. something like $300 per race that goes towards production cost's. one thing for sure, when a race is on TVG there is more handle on the race than when its not on.

Canarsie
03-31-2015, 10:03 AM
TVG gets paid by the track to cover them. something like $300 per race that goes towards production cost's. one thing for sure, when a race is on TVG there is more handle on the race than when its not on.

Proof??? You state a lot of stuff but I would like to read and save this article or contract for future reference. It's easy to say something but being taken seriously is a different subject.

If you think NYRA, Santa Anita, or Delmar along with Keeneland pay even $1 to have their races broadcast I have a bridge to sell you. I think Churchill would be honored to pay Betfair $300 to broadcast the Derby or the Oaks if NBC didn't have an exclusive :lol:

levinmpa
04-03-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm glad Kurt Hoover is back on the air on HRTV(TVG2). Just wish Siegel and Pincay III were still on. I'm really hating this TVG takeover. I don't mind the TVG analysts on HRTV so much, as I can mute the volume, but what I do hate are the TVG graphics or lack there of. HRTV always showed the track feed so I could see fractional times, leaders and odds of the leaders during the race. They also pulled up the final odds graphic as soon as they crossed the wire. Now that they have switched to TVG branding, there are zero graphics on the screen during the running of the race. They don't put up the 1,2,3,4 leading horses or their odds and no fractional times. All you see is "HRTV Tampa Bay Downs 6". That's it, no other graphics are ever displayed during the race. I just don't understand why they would do this. It's almost as if they want to piss off the hard core viewers that really care about the game. And of course when the horses cross the wire, I have to wait for the odds from 3 or 4 other tracks to appear on the screen before seeing the final odds of the race that just ran. God I hate TVG. I wish it was the other way around and HRTV had taken over TVG. This is just too aggravating to take. From now on I will be watching the video from my ADW, Phonebet.com. The original poster had it right, "TVG is a real complete joke now".

Stillriledup
04-03-2015, 04:32 PM
New era at TVG.

They just ignored a live race at Santa Anita to show a post parade at Gulfstream.

Zydeco
04-03-2015, 04:42 PM
New era at TVG.

They just ignored a live race at Santa Anita to show a post parade at Gulfstream.

Couldn't believe that either

Redbullsnation
04-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Classic TVG, eh. At least there's many alternatives online like Twinspires, Calracing, etc.

lamboguy
04-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Proof??? You state a lot of stuff but I would like to read and save this article or contract for future reference. It's easy to say something but being taken seriously is a different subject.

If you think NYRA, Santa Anita, or Delmar along with Keeneland pay even $1 to have their races broadcast I have a bridge to sell you. I think Churchill would be honored to pay Betfair $300 to broadcast the Derby or the Oaks if NBC didn't have an exclusive :lol:good luck on that one

affirmedny
04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
New era at TVG.

they lost the feed from SA. technical issues

thespaah
04-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm glad Kurt Hoover is back on the air on HRTV(TVG2). Just wish Siegel and Pincay III were still on. I'm really hating this TVG takeover. I don't mind the TVG analysts on HRTV so much, as I can mute the volume, but what I do hate are the TVG graphics or lack there of. HRTV always showed the track feed so I could see fractional times, leaders and odds of the leaders during the race. They also pulled up the final odds graphic as soon as they crossed the wire. Now that they have switched to TVG branding, there are zero graphics on the screen during the running of the race. They don't put up the 1,2,3,4 leading horses or their odds and no fractional times. All you see is "HRTV Tampa Bay Downs 6". That's it, no other graphics are ever displayed during the race. I just don't understand why they would do this. It's almost as if they want to piss off the hard core viewers that really care about the game. And of course when the horses cross the wire, I have to wait for the odds from 3 or 4 other tracks to appear on the screen before seeing the final odds of the race that just ran. God I hate TVG. I wish it was the other way around and HRTV had taken over TVG. This is just too aggravating to take. From now on I will be watching the video from my ADW, Phonebet.com. The original poster had it right, "TVG is a real complete joke now".
I concur...
I have written several emails to TVG asking why they choose to not use track graphics in favor of their own woefully inadequate graphics.
Never got a response.
The situation is illogical. TVG management HAS to know their viewers want to see what the tracks show. So why use the crap they barely display?
I'm almost at the point where I am going to shell out the $35 per month for RTN on line.

Hoofless_Wonder
04-04-2015, 03:07 AM
I'm happy to see that TVG <finally> recently added exacta key box wagering to their betting menu... :ThmbUp:

duncan04
04-04-2015, 05:57 AM
I concur...
I'm almost at the point where I am going to shell out the $35 per month for RTN on line.

Why pay to watch RTN online when you get the same feeds on an ADW??

Canarsie
04-04-2015, 09:19 AM
New era at TVG.

It could be possible that with the Gulfstream and other track deals (fees for the buyout) taking wagers from Gulfstream is more profitable. Both Santa Anita and Gulfstream are owned by Mr. Stronach and I don't have a clue how the agreement was written in legalise.

The deal also will require TVG to pay ongoing fees

http://www.drf.com/news/tvg-acquires-lone-television-competitor-hrtv

Tom
04-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Never got a response.

Really respecting the customers, huh?
Screw TVG. And the swayback the talking heads road in on.

Copyroomjim
04-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Today TVG shows a split screen with a GP optional claimer and grade 1 from Kee with the audio from GP. Beyond stupid, regardless of Todd's pronouncement they were doing it because they were equally important.

Stillriledup
04-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Today TVG shows a split screen with a GP optional claimer and grade 1 from Kee with the audio from GP. Beyond stupid, regardless of Todd's pronouncement they were doing it because they were equally important.

They have never led with 'equally important'...they'll show a post parade for a 2500 claiming quarter horse before they show a live race from the Meadowlands with a 500k purse.

Tall One
04-04-2015, 08:23 PM

Made it back home in time for the Ashland and caught this broadcast...pretty shitty, imo.

cj
04-04-2015, 09:34 PM
The race was shown on HRTV live and on the whole screen. I'm sure it was something contractual, going to take some time to work all this stuff out.

duncan04
04-04-2015, 09:47 PM
They have never led with 'equally important'...they'll show a post parade for a 2500 claiming quarter horse before they show a live race from the Meadowlands with a 500k purse.

That's because Los Alamitos is a partner track. How many times do you need to be told this?

Stillriledup
04-04-2015, 09:57 PM
That's because Los Alamitos is a partner track. How many times do you need to be told this?

It doesn't matter because my point is that they don't lead with "importance" for whatever reason.

RarifiedAir
04-05-2015, 03:05 PM
The thing is... some (we know them) aren't entertaining they're just annoying. If they really were entertaining that would be fine.

I love Perloff I put him on every Tuesday for his 2 to 3 hours. Sarge is also very good. I also love they got Kurt Hoover he's excellent. He teamed up with another good announcer when I would watch Hollywood Friday nights in the late 90's. Wish I could remember his name.

As for Shrutte... wow. How many times did he mention Kentucky basketball yesterday? He was strangle-able.

As for TVG as a whole I like it I am not a basher. But the people who bash make some good points. If TVG wasn't relevant this thread wouldn't be so big. Like many here I enjoy having it on the big screen to pass the time. I've never thought of it as a handicapping tool.

Stillriledup
04-05-2015, 04:04 PM
The thing is... some (we know them) aren't entertaining they're just annoying. If they really were entertaining that would be fine.

I love Perloff I put him on every Tuesday for his 2 to 3 hours. Sarge is also very good. I also love they got Kurt Hoover he's excellent. He teamed up with another good announcer when I would watch Hollywood Friday nights in the late 90's. Wish I could remember his name.

As for Shrutte... wow. How many times did he mention Kentucky basketball yesterday? He was strangle-able.

As for TVG as a whole I like it I am not a basher. But the people who bash make some good points. If TVG wasn't relevant this thread wouldn't be so big. Like many here I enjoy having it on the big screen to pass the time. I've never thought of it as a handicapping tool.

Funny you should mention Shrutte and Tool in the same post. :ThmbUp:

duncan04
04-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Funny you should mention Shrutte and Tool in the same post. :ThmbUp:

Who the hell is Shrutte? Wasn't he a character on the Office? Come on, at least get the name right. Gives you a bit more credibility. I'm guess you mean Todd Schrupp. :bang:

Stillriledup
04-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Who the hell is Shrutte? Wasn't he a character on the Office? Come on, at least get the name right. Gives you a bit more credibility. I'm guess you mean Todd Schrupp. :bang:

F0HT9QpH_sQ

thespaah
04-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Why pay to watch RTN online when you get the same feeds on an ADW??
Ahh...A very astute question......Here's the problem. I live in a non wagering state( NC) so to my knowledge I cannot bet so the video would not be available to me....I could be wrong about this.
I would be most appreciative to receive any assistance on this..

fmolf
04-07-2015, 02:22 PM
all were gonna get is a steady diet of the stronach tracks and whatever tracks are offering them the best split on monies wagered thru their (TVGs) adw....very simple economics in my book..That they actually give a damn(as they claim).... about showing us the best racing is ludicrious!...we all want more 5 horse fields from Pimlico and Golden Gate right?

FrankieFigs
04-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Just because TVG shows a track doesn't mean you have to follow or bet it.... :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
04-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Just because TVG shows a track doesn't mean you have to follow or bet it.... :rolleyes:

OH NO i've been doing it wrong all these years! :(

duncan04
04-07-2015, 10:01 PM
At least there are horse racing networks. Could go back to the days when racing was rarely shown except on a big raceday. Either way people will complain.

Al Gobbi
04-10-2015, 08:55 PM
*There have been way too many NYRA (Aqueduct) races put on delay recently, and most don't even get picked up on HRTV. In fact, most of the time the races get bum for chatter from either Santa Anita or Keeneland. If I was at NYRA I would not be pleased.

*For those with DISH, there have been several time that the programming on HRTV has been joined in progress sometimes (including races) by commercials.

Also today TVG showed a race from Gulfstream in a very tiny box on the right corner of the screen while a race from Keeneland was going off. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
04-10-2015, 09:07 PM
As long as I still get to hear Manic Monday every fourteen minutes on Mondays and Tuesdays, I don't care what else they change.

Stillriledup
04-10-2015, 11:16 PM
As long as I still get to hear Manic Monday every fourteen minutes on Mondays and Tuesdays, I don't care what else they change.
SsmVgoXDq2w

FrankieFigs
04-10-2015, 11:38 PM
SsmVgoXDq2w

Susanna Hoffs....yummy :)

Stillriledup
04-11-2015, 03:07 AM
Susanna Hoffs....yummy :)

She was the "it girl" in the 1980s for sure, loved by all.

Tom
04-11-2015, 06:22 PM
GG on both channels at the same time...... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

What a waste of two channels.

Stillriledup
04-11-2015, 06:24 PM
GG on both channels at the same time...... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

What a waste of two channels.

Not only that, but the winner showed massive improvement and was bet like "they" knew he would be "Fixed up". They knew and you were guessing.

Marshall Bennett
04-11-2015, 07:19 PM
At least there are horse racing networks. Could go back to the days when racing was rarely shown except on a big raceday. Either way people will complain.
You're right. You never miss stuff till it's taken away. Who's to say in a couple years we won't be back to that.
Three weeks till the derby and not a word mentioned of it in the Houston Chronicle, unless I missed it. That's kinda sad, but a sign of the times. Fewer people care about racing.

affirmedny
04-12-2015, 12:40 AM

Is it too much to ask for the person who picks the live races to show to have a lick of common sense? Oaklawn had it's biggest day of the year today and was being shown on tape to show PIMLICO, yes PIMLICO, live. Golden Gate should never take precedence on the main channel over almost any track. I have seen them be in commercial during a live race at night when they were only featuring ONE track. Not being picky to complain about this kid of stuff IMO when a kindergarten kid could do better.

Stillriledup
04-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Is it too much to ask for the person who picks the live races to show to have a lick of common sense? Oaklawn had it's biggest day of the year today and was being shown on tape to show PIMLICO, yes PIMLICO, live. Golden Gate should never take precedence on the main channel over almost any track. I have seen them be in commercial during a live race at night when they were only featuring ONE track. Not being picky to complain about this kid of stuff IMO when a kindergarten kid could do better.

This is true except that it assumes they show races according to the importance the industry and the fans put on them. In reality, they show races in rank according to how much money it will make them, the importance takes a back seat if they can make more money showing a donkey race at Los Al.

wisconsin
04-12-2015, 08:22 AM
how much money it will make them

Which is what they are entitled to do. Nobody seems to get it at all. They are not on TV just because.

Tom
04-12-2015, 10:09 AM
We get, and what our right to complain because they are all we have and they suck? We are paying for the channels, you know.

I suppose you enjoy commercials on TV ever 5 minutes?

Marshall Bennett
04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
You can tell by the sponsors and some of the ridiculous commercials they run that we're not talking major network competition here. :bang:
You pretty much get not what you pay for, but what they're paid to run the network.

The Hawk
04-13-2015, 01:58 PM
You can tell by the sponsors and some of the ridiculous commercials they run that we're not talking major network competition here. :bang:
You pretty much get not what you pay for, but what they're paid to run the network.

I disagree.

On the basis of what I saw on TVG this weekend -- several times an hour -- I took my cannon and I blew a huge hole in my boat with a cannon ball. Then I made a submarine out of an old truck. Yesterday, I played a Pick 4 keying an odds-on favorite in two of the legs, on the advice of one of the hosts.

What a waste of time playing that Pick 4, really felt stupid afterward.

cj
04-13-2015, 02:02 PM
I disagree.

On the basis of what I saw on TVG this weekend -- several times an hour -- I took my cannon and I blew a huge hole in my boat with a cannon ball. Then I made a submarine out of an old truck. Yesterday, I played a Pick 4 keying an odds-on favorite in two of the legs, on the advice of one of the hosts.

What a waste of time playing that Pick 4, really felt stupid afterward.

Separate discussion I guess, but if I was going to single odds on horses in a p3/p4/p5, I wouldn't play the bet.

Stillriledup
04-13-2015, 02:37 PM

You miss THIS guy? Sure you do.

zaVSeumwF9k

thespaah
04-13-2015, 10:39 PM
She was the "it girl" in the 1980s for sure, loved by all.
Oh yeah....Those eyes......Melt

Stillriledup
04-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Oh yeah....Those eyes......Melt

Its the eye whites. Must be an "advertising" thing. Lily, the ATnT girl shows her eye whites a lot in those commercials, not sure why there are 'shots' of excessive eye whites on chicks in commercials or videos, maybe its "sexier" somehow?

The Hawk
04-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Separate discussion I guess, but if I was going to single odds on horses in a p3/p4/p5, I wouldn't play the bet.

Clearly. It was a joke. But they do that all the time on "suggested" plays.

fivepanels
04-14-2015, 05:42 PM
here is one thing where the production is total shit when they go to a taped race and your waiting to see it they scroll the results and you just blew wanting to watch 4 or 5 minutes later

Stillriledup
04-14-2015, 05:57 PM
here is one thing where the production is total shit when they go to a taped race and your waiting to see it they scroll the results and you just blew wanting to watch 4 or 5 minutes later

I HATE that. When a race i bet is on "delay" i make sure i don't look at the scroll, why they don't keep those results off the scroll until they show the race is anyone's guess.

proximity
04-14-2015, 06:30 PM
Lily, the ATnT girl shows her eye whites a lot in those commercials,.....

NOW i can brew myself a toasty cup of westrock and enjoy the thread.... :)

wisconsin
04-14-2015, 08:41 PM

Now that I despise... :bang:

thespaah
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Its the eye whites. Must be an "advertising" thing. Lily, the ATnT girl shows her eye whites a lot in those commercials, not sure why there are 'shots' of excessive eye whites on chicks in commercials or videos, maybe its "sexier" somehow?
The AT&T chick is "girl next door" hot....
Not dazzling like Hollywood hot....Just the girl that lives down the street that had every guy wishing it was he taking her out to a movie hot.

thespaah
04-14-2015, 09:22 PM
I HATE that. When a race i bet is on "delay" i make sure i don't look at the scroll, why they don't keep those results off the scroll until they show the race is anyone's guess.
Some of the stuff TVG does really leaves me scratching my head. It's almost as though they look upon their viewers with disdain

Stillriledup
04-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Some of the stuff TVG does really leaves me scratching my head. It's almost as though they look upon their viewers with disdain

You mean you dont appreciate knowing that a post parade was filmed 3 minutes and 42 seconds ago?

:eek:

Stillriledup
04-14-2015, 09:46 PM
The AT&T chick is "girl next door" hot....
Not dazzling like Hollywood hot....Just the girl that lives down the street that had every guy wishing it was he taking her out to a movie hot.

There's something about a hot chick that makes her hotter knowing that she's 'obtainable'.

Even hotter when she says the F word.
:D

GLQCmrX6ypA

proximity
04-14-2015, 10:15 PM
Even hotter when she says the F word.

imo, such language should never be used outside of a track or casino.

i will forgive lily (this time), but my evening is ruined.

Stillriledup
04-15-2015, 12:05 AM
imo, such language should never be used outside of a track or casino.

i will forgive lily (this time), but my evening is ruined.

You're right, such a turn off. ;)

no breathalyzer
04-16-2015, 05:05 PM
TVG showing pimlico bs on both channels and puting aqu on tape . :lol: .... really?

Zydeco
04-16-2015, 06:12 PM
TVG showing pimlico bs on both channels and puting aqu on tape . :lol: .... really?

Thought the same thing

Racey
04-16-2015, 10:51 PM
Is Siegel & Vercrussye off the air and Brad Free's show is he still around??? perhaps I missed it or were the show times moved. The show the EDGE is that gone ??

NY BRED
04-17-2015, 05:41 AM
so, given NY racing is taking the same preference as Turf Paradise
on big race days, Should NYRA cut a deal with MSG to televise
their races as well as the balance of tracks shown on TVG?

A: in the ideal scenario(at least in my mind), The Mig, Andy Beyer
(or one of his crew, TLG ,Maggie etc) could easily compete with the useless
chatter of TVG "handicappers" and increase their revenue with the
rewards program.
Perhaps, as I'm thinking NYRA could add Jeff and Aaron to
present professionals as against all the nonsense pick 3/4/5/
chatter that inevitably proves worthless.

SandyW
04-17-2015, 09:26 AM
TVG is the good old boy network, talented or not.

spiketoo
04-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Perloff & Hoover at the desk. FINALLY something worthwhile out of all this sheet.

FrankieFigs
04-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Is Siegel & Vercrussye off the air and Brad Free's show is he still around??? perhaps I missed it or were the show times moved. The show the EDGE is that gone ??

All gone....

Racey
04-17-2015, 11:15 PM
real shame they were all good shows :mad:

Tom
04-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Yes, but now get GG on both channels, so that is a plus.
Who can get enough of GG?

Al Gobbi
04-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Yes, but now get GG on both channels, so that is a plus.
Who can get enough of GG?
Even better neither one show the Robert Hilton Memorial from Charles Town, instead we got horses circling at GG on both.

fmolf
04-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Even better neither one show the Robert Hilton Memorial from Charles Town, instead we got horses circling at GG on both.
its all about the tracks that offer them the sweetest deal!...Golden Gate in my estimation should go the way of Bay Meadows and might be heading there soon....i sure hope so.....just what we need more of Russell Baze beating more 4 horse fields!

Tom
04-19-2015, 12:25 PM

That probably swelled the ADW coffers.
I think the Todd Squad runs the show there.
Boogie Board Brains at work.

cj
04-22-2015, 05:37 PM
For SRU, Kurt Hoover just said in all honesty, he'd pass the 9th race at Aqueduct. It does happen.

lamboguy
04-22-2015, 05:53 PM
what a great move TVG has made bringing Kurt Hoover on board

JustRalph
04-22-2015, 07:03 PM
For SRU, Kurt Hoover just said in all honesty, he'd pass the 9th race at Aqueduct. It does happen.

He's probably standing in some exec office right now, getting his TVG indoctrination and retraining.

Racey
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Siegel, Vercruysse, Cadman, and Brad Free Michelle YU all gone shame they were the best part of HRTV

Stillriledup
04-22-2015, 08:59 PM
He's probably standing in some exec office right now, getting his TVG indoctrination and retraining.

No doubt. Never skipped one those TVG guys. Never a recommended skip, never even as a lark to build good will have they said "i won't release a pick something on this sequence because i don't have a good feel for it".

Funniest thing about all the endless parade of "releases" from the "Experts" is that they act as if they do NOT want you to win. That's right, TVG does not want their customers to win, to churn and to be successful..why, i don't know, if TVG's customers do well, TVG does better, not sure why the "Rush" to unload all their money on some dumb pick 4 at some far flung place on a sequence that's given out by a guy who's based somewhere else and has expertise in another area (for example, Les Onaka giving out a Pick something at Meadowlands Harness).

As far as Hoover saying he would skip, it just shows you he reads PA and has read my thread, no way he would have recommended a skip on his own without being proddded by THIS thread (see below).
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71604&highlight=skip

duncan04
04-23-2015, 05:13 AM
Siegel, Vercruysse, Cadman, and Brad Free Michelle YU all gone shame they were the best part of HRTV

I agree with you except for Yu and Cadman. The other three were soild.