PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Bill de Blasio... Allahu Akbar

OntheRail
03-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Wow no Christ... or Christmas Program. But he'll bow to Allah.

The New York City public school system is set to observe a pair of Muslim holidays for the first time.

Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Wednesday that the system will close for Eid al-Adha for the first time next September.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/04/mayor-nyc-public-schools-to-close-on-2-muslim-holidays/21149598/

mostpost
03-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Wow no Christ... or Christmas Program. But he'll bow to Allah.

The New York City public school system is set to observe a pair of Muslim holidays for the first time.

Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Wednesday that the system will close for Eid al-Adha for the first time next September.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/04/mayor-nyc-public-schools-to-close-on-2-muslim-holidays/21149598/
There are three major religions in the world, Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I know for certain that Christians get off for Christmas and Easter. There is no reason that Jews and Muslims should also get time off for their high holidays. No reason other than bigotry.

MONEY
03-05-2015, 01:32 AM
There are three major religions in the U.S.A., Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I know for certain that Christians get off for Christmas and Easter. There is no reason that Jews and Muslims should also get time off for their high holidays. No reason other than bigotry.
FTFY

Judaism is not a major religion.
The three major religions in the world are Christianity, Islam & Hinduism.

RunForTheRoses
03-05-2015, 07:21 AM
There are three major religions in the world, Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I know for certain that Christians get off for Christmas and Easter. There is no reason that Jews and Muslims should also get time off for their high holidays. No reason other than bigotry.

Hinduism has 900 million adherents. There is a significant Indian population in NYC. So we need Diwali and other Hindu days off too. Then of course there are Sikhs which are somewhat of a subset of Hinduism. Plus other religions such as Jaiism. And Bahai. And Eastern Orthodox...
I guess eventually there will have to be floating religious holidays that students can pick and choose. More Unity in Diversity.

Tom
03-05-2015, 07:25 AM
Atheists will need every day off, then.

GaryG
03-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Muslims move to The US and the UK in order to live in the modern world....Fine, then they want to bring their stone age customs with them. Not talking about these holidays, rather the sharia law, head covering for ID photos, complaining about the type of food served in restaurants, etc. This does not happen with other immigrant groups. They want to live here, so they comply with the customs and do quite well.

JustRalph
03-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Muslims move to The US and the UK in order to live in the modern world....Fine, then they want to bring their stone age customs with them. Not talking about these holidays, rather the sharia law, head covering for ID photos, complaining about the type of food served in restaurants, etc. This does not happen with other immigrant groups. They want to live here, so they comply with the customs and do quite well.

Muslims demanding their own menu in restaurants is becoming an issue for us. I don't mean the actual list of items on paper either.

Several times recently my wife has been accosted by customers demanding a dish be made "according to custom" she declines the request because they do not make foods to order. She has been threatened and accused of discrimination.

Tom
03-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Ralph, all special orders - $250 minimum per serving.
Minimum, 10 servings.

Then cook it in pork fat.

FantasticDan
03-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Several times recently my wife has been accosted by customers demanding a dish be made "according to custom" she declines the request because they do not make foods to order. She has been threatened and accused of discrimination.Wow, accosted and threatened, huh? Those testy Muslims..

Anyone who's ever worked in a busy restaurant for any amount of time knows that customers requesting custom dishes or broad substitutions only happens about 100 times a day. We never bothered to get the religious affiliation of the customers, but I suppose they could've all been Muslim.. :lol:

Clocker
03-05-2015, 10:02 AM
A former employee is suing Costco for religious discrimination because he is a Muslim. He was a cashier, but refused to handle pork or alcohol products. So he was moved to shopping cart pickup in the parking lot.

With classic looney tunes logic, he said “Just because you have a different belief, that doesn’t give anybody the right to treat you different. I think that everyone is entitled to the same treatment. I think that’s what this case is about."

Some people don't even listen to themselves, let alone to others.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/03/02/muslim-costco-employee-refuses-to-touch-pork-sues-after-getting-transferred-to-different-department-183683#ixzz3TWVasdRs

Tom
03-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Wow, accosted and threatened, huh? Those testy Muslims..

Where you there?
I thought not.
Did mopo, the Great Jambi of the Mid-West, give you the details?

JustRalph
03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Wow, accosted and threatened, huh? Those testy Muslims..

Anyone who's ever worked in a busy restaurant for any amount of time knows that customers requesting custom dishes or broad substitutions only happens about 100 times a day. We never bothered to get the religious affiliation of the customers, but I suppose they could've all been Muslim.. :lol:

They make pronouncements of their religion before issuing their demands Dan.

They are very straight forward about it.

How about this one. Last week a man demanded that half of the grill be cordoned off so that one half of the grill was safe for Muslim foods to be cooked. That way no pork would ever touch certain parts of the grill. He also wanted a sign on that half of the grill.

FantasticDan
03-05-2015, 10:34 AM
How about this one. Last week a man demanded that half of the grill be cordoned off so that one half of the grill was safe for Muslim foods to be cooked. That way no pork would ever touch certain parts of the grill. He also wanted a sign on that half of the grill.You should've placed an immediate call to the local TV news and had him interviewed, cuz that's a doozy that would've gone national.. :D

JustRalph
03-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Dan, we have had requests to remove bacon from a buffet in a party room at a chamber of commerce breakfast because viewing the bacon was offensive.

FantasticDan
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Dan, we have had requests to remove bacon from a buffet in a party room at a chamber of commerce breakfast because viewing the bacon was offensive.Put a lid on it.. ;)

Tom
03-05-2015, 11:17 AM
We should line Times Square with bacon.
Terrorism prevention.

classhandicapper
03-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Maybe they should just give every kid "X" personal days and let them decide for themselves when to take off. The teachers could create their own schedule early in the year so substitutes could be scheduled.

Anyone that is sending their kids to a NYC public school has WAY bigger problems than the religious holidays anyway. They should be concentrating on escaping that system totally.

Clocker
03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Where you there?
I thought not.
Did mopo, the Great Jambi of the Mid-West, give you the details?

The video was on the Daily Show.

OntheRail
03-05-2015, 07:12 PM

MoPo you miss the point... (as normal). Christmas and Easter are National/Federal... but in the Liberal Schools it's winter break... and spring break. They have removed and disallow all the Religious connection to them. But will willingly observe Muslim Religious Days.

mostpost
03-06-2015, 02:13 AM
MoPo you miss the point... (as normal). Christmas and Easter are National/Federal... but in the Liberal Schools it's winter break... and spring break. They have removed and disallow all the Religious connection to them. But will willingly observe Muslim Religious Days.

Of course it is stupid to use terms like winter break and spring break. Call them the Christmas holidays in addressing a Christian. Call it Yom Kippur if addressing a Jew. And for God's sake don't get all offended if someone mistakes what group you belong to.

The problem with the reaction to Mayor Diblasi's ruling is that no one here would care if Muslims were not involved. God forbid we do something nice for Muslims.

You do know that they are not observing Muslim Religious days, right? They are closing the schools for one day so that Muslims can observe their religious days. Big difference.

mostpost
03-06-2015, 02:19 AM
Dan, we have had requests to remove bacon from a buffet in a party room at a chamber of commerce breakfast because viewing the bacon was offensive.
I believe that really happened. Some people are just idiots.

mostpost
03-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Put a lid on it.. ;)
At last. Someone has told JustRalph to put a lid on it. Unfortunately I think it will have little effect.

mostpost
03-06-2015, 02:29 AM
Would a Muslim walk out of a performance of Hamlet if someone suggested Sir Francis Bacon was the true author?