PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NFL

Valuist
03-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Big trade today: Lesean McCoy heads to Buffalo for LB Kiko Alonzo. Some wear and tear on the McCoy tires. That would appear to be mark the end of the CJ Spiller era on the banks of Lake Ontario. Alonzo has his own questions; like can he return in 2015 after missing the entire 2014 season.

Relwob Owner
03-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Big trade today: Lesean McCoy heads to Buffalo for LB Kiko Alonzo. Some wear and tear on the McCoy tires. That would appear to be mark the end of the CJ Spiller era on the banks of Lake Ontario. Alonzo has his own questions; like can he return in 2015 after missing the entire 2014 season.

I really like it for Philly....allowed them to release Cole and save about 6.5 million I think on the cap. Like you say, Alonzo's knee is the concern and if that isn't an issue, I think Philly did great. Now, do they use their pick on a top RB(Gordon or Curley) or trade up and get Mariota? Gut tells me the latter and they find a serviceable FA at running back.

Valuist
03-03-2015, 10:47 PM
I really like it for Philly....allowed them to release Cole and save about 6.5 million I think on the cap. Like you say, Alonzo's knee is the concern and if that isn't an issue, I think Philly did great. Now, do they use their pick on a top RB(Gordon or Curley) or trade up and get Mariota? Gut tells me the latter and they find a serviceable FA at running back.

We know Kelly likes his Oregon guys. I'm kind of surprised how fast Foles stock has fallen. He had a huge 2013 season. Hardly any INTs at all. He figured to regress a bit to the mean and he did; QB rating down to a mediocre 81 and a TD/INT ratio of 13-10 in basically a half season. His 2013 numbers? QB rating of an insane 119, TD/INT ratio of 27-2. He obviously isn't as good as that, but probably better than he showed in 2014.

Relwob Owner
03-04-2015, 06:54 PM
We know Kelly likes his Oregon guys. I'm kind of surprised how fast Foles stock has fallen. He had a huge 2013 season. Hardly any INTs at all. He figured to regress a bit to the mean and he did; QB rating down to a mediocre 81 and a TD/INT ratio of 13-10 in basically a half season. His 2013 numbers? QB rating of an insane 119, TD/INT ratio of 27-2. He obviously isn't as good as that, but probably better than he showed in 2014.

I tend to agree with you. He seems to fit the system well and if he trims down the interceptions, he should be fine. The more and more I think about and read about the trade, the more I like it on the Eagles end. Huge for the salary end of things and I think they can pick up a good RB as a free agent or in the draft.

MutuelClerk
03-05-2015, 09:02 AM
I respect Kelly. He's a maverick doing it his way. Time will tell if it's going to work. He does have a lot of Ducks though. Maybe the Eagles should change their name.

Inner Dirt
03-05-2015, 09:21 AM
It is amazing how devalued top running backs have become while they throw crazy money like 15 mil + a year at middle of the pack QBs. It seems every team figures they can get a decent back for cheap in the 3rd round of the draft or lower.

Relwob Owner
03-05-2015, 10:36 AM
It is amazing how devalued top running backs have become while they throw crazy money like 15 mil + a year at middle of the pack QBs. It seems every team figures they can get a decent back for cheap in the 3rd round of the draft or lower.

I see why running backs are devalued but totally agree about the QB's being amazingly overpaid. One that is average gets 15 million and then another one's contract comes up and teams say, "well, that average guy got 15 so this average guy deserves it too". Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, etc....

I do really like Chip Kelly, though. I think that if a guy can handle it(time will tell if he can), the coach having the power to pick his own players makes sense. I would put money on the fact that the Eagles will trade for Mariota if he is there at 6(the Redskins should be making more noise about wanting him to get the Eagles to view them as the trade partner) and I would also put money on the Eagles making the Super Bowl in the next 3-4 years.

proximity
03-06-2015, 01:13 PM
sad day in colts history as the team has announced that reggie wayne will not be re-signed.

*first all time in games played (colts)
*8th all time in receiving yards (nfl)
*7th all time in receptions (nfl)

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/ThankYou87_Reggie_Wayne_Tribute_Video/16798bf9-ef6e-473b-a013-477bd5ae84cd

cj's dad
03-07-2015, 05:49 AM
sad day in colts history as the team has announced that reggie wayne will not be re-signed.

*first all time in games played (colts)
*8th all time in receiving yards (nfl)
*7th all time in receptions (nfl)

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/ThankYou87_Reggie_Wayne_Tribute_Video/16798bf9-ef6e-473b-a013-477bd5ae84cd

Maybe he can come to Baltimore; that;s where old Colts belong !!;)

Valuist
03-08-2015, 05:46 PM
As for McCoy leaving Philly, looks like part 2 to the puzzle is Frank Gore may be headed to the Eagles.

Relwob Owner
03-08-2015, 10:18 PM
As for McCoy leaving Philly, looks like part 2 to the puzzle is Frank Gore may be headed to the Eagles.

Looks like it...scratching my head a bit. Lots of tread on those tires and always been injury prone. Also, resigned Sanchez to 5.5 guaranteed. Yes, probably as a backup but I dont really understand it, as whenever he faced decent competition last year he looked scared out of his mind.

Also just read Maclin is reuniting with Andy Reid in KC, which if true, leaves some major WR questions in Philly.

proximity
03-09-2015, 04:07 AM
Maybe he can come to Baltimore; that;s where old Colts belong !!;)

looks like you're going to lose torrey smith but it looks like another strong wr draft class....

proximity
03-09-2015, 07:48 PM

adam schefter is now tweeting that gore's having second thoughts and may join the colts despite philly's higher offer....

Secondbest
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Jimmy Graham to Seattle for Max Unger and picas.Huge pickup for Seahawks.

Secondbest
03-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Thats picks NOT picas

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Jimmy Graham to Seattle for Max Unger and picas.Huge pickup for Seahawks.
Graham is just like that guy on The Sopranos...a big pussy.

He caught a ton of balls in that Saints offense but will not do as well in Seattle.
He has alligator arms and can't take a hit.

Rise Over Run
03-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Graham is just like that guy on The Sopranos...a big pussy.

He caught a ton of balls in that Saints offense but will not do as well in Seattle.
He has alligator arms and can't take a hit.
They can't all be as tough as Heath Miller and take a hit without getting KO'd...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jwPwa8XDasY/VKjYVORFaFI/AAAAAAAAx60/pZy5ExyIDsY/s1600/Heath.gif

Secondbest
03-10-2015, 04:49 PM
I disagree this is a big upgrade for seattle at that position

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2015, 04:54 PM
They can't all be as tough as Heath Miller and take a hit without getting KO'd...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jwPwa8XDasY/VKjYVORFaFI/AAAAAAAAx60/pZy5ExyIDsY/s1600/Heath.gif
You're like that guy from The Sopranos also
:)

MutuelClerk
03-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Is Adrian Peterson to the Raiders impossible to believe? They have tons of cash. The future of AP in Minnesota is on shaky ground. Just keep your first two picks and do the deal.

Why would the Lions trade for a player that the Ravens were going to release?

NJ Stinks
03-10-2015, 11:30 PM
I'm not an Eagles fan by any stretch of the imagination. But they are the team on TV every week around here. Having said that, I really enjoyed watching McCoy run - unlike many backs today LeSean has moves. And Foles was awesome two years ago and 6-2 as a starter before he got hurt this year.

I guess Kelly figures he can do it all with anybody. :rolleyes:

proximity
03-11-2015, 01:08 AM
now worilds is retiring??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

tucker6
03-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Is Adrian Peterson to the Raiders impossible to believe? They have tons of cash. The future of AP in Minnesota is on shaky ground. Just keep your first two picks and do the deal.

Why would the Lions trade for a player that the Ravens were going to release?
to keep him off the open market

tucker6
03-11-2015, 06:46 AM
now worilds is retiring??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Had a "spiritual awakening" just hours after no one bit on his asking price. For a #52 selection in the draft, he was a big disappointment for the Steelers. Have a nice life Mr Average.

Valuist
03-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Trading Foles for Bradford? Foles
has had one great season; I don't think Bradford has ever been above mediocre. So he not only isn't good, he gets hurt while sucking. Steal for St. Louis.

Valuist
03-11-2015, 09:13 AM
I have to disagree w Phantom on Tour's assessment of Graham. Maybe he is hurt a lot, but he still produces. He's going to draw double teams and open things up for Seattle's other receivers. They still are the team to beat, IMO, and they just got stronger. BTW, isn't Phantom on Tour a Saints fan?

Relwob Owner
03-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Trading Foles for Bradford? Foles
has had one great season; I don't think Bradford has ever been above mediocre. So he not only isn't good, he gets hurt while sucking. Steal for St. Louis.

......and the Rams get draft picks and a guy who I believe makes about 10.5 M less next year. It's such a bad move that it makes me wonder if it isn't part of an upcoming move where Beadford gets moved again. Then again it could just be part of what seems to be a 'mad scientist' sort of personna Kelly is creating for himself. I liked the McCoy for Alonso move but every one since has me scratching my head.

proximity
03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
BTW, isn't Phantom on Tour a Saints fan?

pretty sure phantom's a steelers fan but he should come over to the colts like andre Johnson!!

thank you coach O'Brien!!

ReplayRandall
03-11-2015, 09:51 PM
pretty sure phantom's a steelers fan but he should come over to the colts like andre Johnson!!

thank you coach O'Brien!!
Wish you the best with the Colts Proxy, but don't expect much from Andre, he's lost another step besides the one he already lost......

proximity
03-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Wish you the best with the Colts Proxy, but don't expect much from Andre, he's lost another step besides the one he already lost......

he's not prime aj, but even last year he was still one of the tougher players for us to cover. we have picked up some older players, but we've definitely improved the team. still need to get some help at safety....

Valuist
03-11-2015, 11:06 PM
he's not prime aj, but even last year he was still one of the tougher players for us to cover. we have picked up some older players, but we've definitely improved the team. still need to get some help at safety....

Your GM loves old players. Both are good character guys and leaders, but a LOT of wear on those tires in Johnson and Gore. Big gamble at the $$ involved. In no sport do guys get older in a hurry than the NFL.

Maximillion
03-11-2015, 11:52 PM
I think AJ could be a real nice signing for Indy.
yes he has lost a step or two, but he isnt going there to be a #1 WR.
Not a diva like many at his position.... i think he can really contribute there as a 2 or 3,especially now that he finally has a real QB throwing to him.

Inner Dirt
03-11-2015, 11:54 PM
I don't think any team has had a worse off season than my 49ers. Gone is the coach that turned them around in Harbaugh, replaced by the D-line coach when the offense has been the issue. Gore was still good last year, plus pro bowlers Willis and Justin Smith retiring. Been a fan for 40 years and I am afraid they are going to be lucky to win 4 games.

proximity
03-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Your GM loves old players. Both are good character guys and leaders, but a LOT of wear on those tires in Johnson and Gore. Big gamble at the $$ involved. In no sport do guys get older in a hurry than the NFL.

other teams seemed to be offering more for Johnson and gore so I think we did ok there. our $ for trent cole seemed high to me, but overall I think we're doing great.

Secondbest
03-12-2015, 11:25 AM
The colts had a ton of drops last year.Johnson and gore hold on to the ball. That will prevent a lot of the hits Luck took.They also could use some ol help

_______
03-12-2015, 05:33 PM
DeMarco Murray is what, the 4th starting RB for the Eagles in the last week?

I know everyone was talking about Kelly collection Ducks but with Bradford and Murray, I think it's a different OU.

Relwob Owner
03-13-2015, 06:44 PM
The Dolphins just stole Kenny Stills from the Saints....... If Miller stays healthy and Wallace gets his head together a bit(assuming they don't cut him), they now have set Tannehill up with some good weapons with the Cameron and Stills additions.

Valuist
03-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Free agency doesn't win titles. You end up tying up a lot of $$ for guys who's best years are behind them.

I doubt Murray ever comes close to replicating the season he had last year with Dallas.

Secondbest
03-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Wallace to vikings

Maximillion
03-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Free agency doesn't win titles. You end up tying up a lot of $$ for guys who's best years are behind them.

I doubt Murray ever comes close to replicating the season he had last year with Dallas.

He had a ton of carries.....regression seems very possible.

Relwob Owner
03-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Wallace to vikings

Other than Wallace's crap contract and rumored crap attitude, seems like a good risk for a 5th rounder

proximity
06-03-2015, 04:15 AM
here's a link to the silly peter king rankings before the flacco thread gets hi-jacked:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/01/nfl-power-rankings-peter-king-daughter-wedding/

proximity
06-12-2015, 10:25 PM
The colts had a ton of drops last year.Johnson and gore hold on to the ball. That will prevent a lot of the hits Luck took.They also could use some ol help

evan mathis is now available!!

another real good player let go by the eagles. :confused:

Valuist
06-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Very odd schedule for the Ravens. FOUR trips to the West Coast or Mountain time zone in the first 7 weeks of the season; week 1 at Denver, week 2 at Oakland, week 6 at SF and week 7 at Arizona. Have to wonder if they will set up shop for 2 weeks at a base out there for both weeks 1-2 and 6-7.

proximity
09-28-2015, 12:05 AM

starting to fear that you're right about aj.

frank gore looks pretty good though.

lamboguy
09-28-2015, 01:54 AM
for the first time this century my Raiders have shown a little bit of life. probably not enough to make the playoffs but at least some hope in the future, looks like they have a decent quarterback.

getting pretty sick of the Patriots running over everyone now though. its worse than watching horse racing these days. way to boring.

ManU918
09-28-2015, 08:08 AM
for the first time this century my Raiders have shown a little bit of life. probably not enough to make the playoffs but at least some hope in the future, looks like they have a decent quarterback.

getting pretty sick of the Patriots running over everyone now though. its worse than watching horse racing these days. way to boring.

The Raiders have a really solid foundation on offense but the defense is atrocious.

Rise Over Run
09-28-2015, 02:31 PM
That was a pretty nasty looking hit to Big Ben's knee yesterday. Someone should ask him what caused more pain; Mark Barron's shoulder, or Martha Fleishman's windshield?