PDA

View Full Version : JFK's Daughter Commits Fashion Atrocity!

JustRalph
05-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Canne Film Festival Outfit...............

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004223099,00.html

Dan
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
I wonder if the FCC is going to fine her?

For not dimming the headlights?

:cool:

JustRalph
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by buddy_love
I wonder if the FCC is going to fine her?

For not dimming the headlights?

question of jurisdiction..........this occurred in France....

Dan
05-17-2004, 02:32 PM
At least France has no problem with a major wardrobe malfunction. "My whole bra fell off!"

;)

Suff
05-17-2004, 02:47 PM
poor judgement on her part.

Dan Montilion
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Indeed... Once one flashes the rack and thong panties (guess) it really does take the thrill out of the nicely exposed shoulder.

Dan Montilion

Dan
05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes, but once you see the real thing - you don't have to strain to use your imagination.

Dan
05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Can you imagine the outrage going on in Muslim countries when they see this picture?

She was out in public - without a veil!

:)

Lefty
05-17-2004, 08:40 PM
The question is will the so called mainstream media make a big deal out of this the way they do with the Bush Twins? Prob. not.

cato
05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
to be sure things are fair and balance around here..

1. You're getting your information from the "Sun" always a fine source

2. anyone who's seen real American brests anytime in the last decade would know that the picture is obviously a fake

3. The Bush girls were committing crimes when they were getting publicity. They finally figured out the correlation and, apparently, stopped committing crimes (or at least stopped getting caught.

Cato

Dan
05-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Cato,

You are right about #2. Not enough silicon.

:D

Secretariat
05-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I think she looks damned good.

andicap
05-17-2004, 09:54 PM
There's no story here despite what the White House is trying to push.

From
AGENCE FRANCE PRESS

Alexandra Kerry, 30-year-old daughter of US Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, walked up Cannes' celebrated red-carpet for the premiere of Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill 2" wearing an off-shoulder black number that turned transparent under the flashes.

In other words, it wasn't a see-through dress, but all the flash bulbs popping off made it seem like it was!!

JustRalph
05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by andicap
In other words, it wasn't a see-through dress, but all the flash bulbs popping off made it seem like it was!!

I agree there is no story here. It was just for fun. see the thread title? I don't think it was see through either.... .....the flash bulbs made it that way. In fact I think she is a fine looking woman. Too bad her mind has been poisoned by her father.....it obviously hasn't affected her physical beauty........

hahahahah

andicap
05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Here's why I was (overreacting). While most of the media ignored it a few did not and were fooled or chose to ignore the real story.

White House Bulletin (some D.C. trade rag)
SECTION: IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND AROUND TOWN

HEADLINE: Sexy Shot Of Kerry Daughter Has Democrats Buzzing

BODY:

Pictures of Alexandra Kerry, the presidential candidate's daughter, in a see- through gown at the Cannes Film Festival have many Democrats dismayed today. The picture, sent worldwide by the Drudge Report, shows the elegant film director in a sheer black gown that does little to hide her breasts.

"Classic, so classic," said one key Democratic adviser. "That's how to shoot yourself in the foot." Some Democrats said that she used poor judgment with her dress choice. "She should have known this would become an issue," said a Democratic public relations adviser. Democrats are worried that the Republicans will use the photo to blast Kerry's family values, but the GOP has mostly left it to the media to circulate the picture and comment on it. Still, some are suggesting that the Kerry family is out of touch with regular Americans and is a bit "too European" for Middle America. - Bulletin exclusive from U.S. News

From Boston Globe today
. KERRY ON THE CARPET - Alexandra Kerry, the eldest of John Kerry's two daughters, walks the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival with her stepbrother, Andre Heinz. Kerry, a filmmaker, showed "The Last Full Measure," a 15-minute film about a girl coping with her father's return from Vietnam. / REUTERS PHOTO

(no mention of it being the flash bulbs)

ANd of course, the NY Post

HEADLINE: KERRY'S DAUGHTER IS IN TOP FORM

GRAPHIC: Maybe the lighting in Alexandra Kerry's hotel room wasn't all that good when she donned this black gown. Or maybe she has sheer nerve. Either way, John Kerry's daughter, a moviemaker wannabe, leaves little to the imagination as she steps out at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday with stepbrother Andrew Heinz. [AFP/Getty]

kenwoodallpromos
05-17-2004, 10:54 PM
It's the press' fault, you say? I think she would look better in a halter.

Lefty
05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
If it had been one of the Bush twins it's front page in all the liberal media.
Sec, i'm guessin' you're partial to fried eggs.

Tom
05-17-2004, 11:16 PM
1. First the Bush twins, now the Kerry twins!
2. I have finally seen two good reasons to vote for Kerry.

Lefty
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Kerry will probably deny she's his daughter. Then when pressed on the issue will say she's his wife's daughter.
Then he will tell you one more time that he's a Vietnam Veteran.

Tom, stick with the Bush twins.

JustRalph
05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Tom
1. First the Bush twins, now the Kerry twins!
2. I have finally seen two good reasons to vote for Kerry.

There not that good!

Dan
05-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Lefty

Sec, i'm guessin' you're partial to fried eggs.

Good one Lefty!

:)

JustMissed
05-18-2004, 09:33 AM

That's a good one. Do they teach you guys to "spin" in journalism school or do you have to learn it on the job?

Hey, if flashbulbs work so damn good at seeing through clothing, why don't they replace those expensive airport scanners with Kodak flash cameras. You guys are hilarous.

JM

andicap
05-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JustMissed
That's a good one. Do they teach you guys to "spin" in journalism school or do you have to learn it on the job?

Hey, if flashbulbs work so damn good at seeing through clothing, why don't they replace those expensive airport scanners with Kodak flash cameras. You guys are hilarous.

JM

That came directly from the wire service photog which took the damn picture -- if you read my post -- not any "spin." And believe me, Agence Presse France (or something like that) is not reluctant to take the low road. They are as sensational as the British tab and have no "spin."

Even Ralph admits it was the flash bulbs not the dress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lefty, you and I disagree on everything, but that WAS funny.
I never liked Kerry in the primaries because of that and I'm supporting him now because, well, I happen to agree with him more than the other guy. I consistently said during the primaries that how could a Massachusetts Democrat with ties to Teddy Kennedy be considered the most electable?? I liked Dean because he was an outsider with a message, but in the end I conceded he was just too much of an humorless bumbler who also changed his mind to suit his candidacy.

(I'm analyzing politically now, not talking ideologically so everyone spare me the rants of how they were all traitors or left-wing pinkos and such -- I'm assuming most of you hated them all, but Lieberman).

Even now, I'm not sure WHO would have been strongest out of the Dems. They all had weaknesses as candidates. (Example, Edwards was inexperienced and as a trial lawyer an easy target. But the most exciting, from the South, and at least had a consistent message which Kerry lacks. Gephardt had strong union support -- that's good and bad -- and could carry a key swing state, but is really really dull and was too connected with Washington as the ex-speaker. Lieberman? "Joe-momentum" says it all about that dweeb. Graham? An obsessive compulsive note-taker with no personality. Wesley Clark intrigued me, but could never figure out what he stood for and the fact he couldn't win New Hampshire after having the state to himself for a month told you all you needed to know about his effectiveness as a a candidate. Kucinich and the others were always on the fringe. )

If Bush loses, it will be because of HIS failings or bad luck or whatever, not the strength of Kerry. That's not a value judgment, but a political analysis that I'm sure even Bush backers might agree with.

Lefty
05-18-2004, 12:24 PM
andicap, that was a thoughtful post. That's why it rancors me when some say no difference between Repubs and Dems. There's a huge divide in ideology and you have to fig. out which candidate better reflects yours and not one that mirrors your thghts exactly because it's not gonna happen. I appreciate your honesty.

JimL
05-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Ralph, Jamie Lee, she is not!! JimL

JustRalph
05-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JimL
Ralph, Jamie Lee, she is not!! JimL

not even close!

andi.....I agree with you.........on the flash bulbs....I guess they should start installing flash units on full length mirrors in the hotels...............and on the Bush loss......... I agree with you also. If Bush loses.......he has done it to himself..........

andicap
05-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
not even close!

andi.....I agree with you.........on the flash bulbs....I guess they should start installing flash units on full length mirrors in the hotels...............and on the Bush loss......... I agree with you also. If Bush loses.......he has done it to himself..........

Gee, if we can agree on something, there's hope for
Sharon and Arafat!

JimG
05-18-2004, 09:31 PM

Damn, I should have been a photographer. And I thought I needed those x-ray glasses in the back of comic books!!

Jim

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2004, 11:23 PM
I left the link, but killed the pic. I'm a hypocrite if I let a pic like that stay up...plus, it's kind of inappropriate for a site like this....

Sorry if anyone gets pissed off about this move...

JustRalph
05-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I left the link, but killed the pic. I'm a hypocrite if I let a pic like that stay up...plus, it's kind of inappropriate for a site like this....

Sorry if anyone gets pissed off about this move...

It's your baby, Rock it! added one whole click to the thread.....big deal...........I don't care....and I started the mess.

cato
05-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Earlier, Cato posted:

"2. anyone who's seen real American brests anytime in the last decade would know that the picture is obviously a fake."

Okay, okay so its been 11, maybe 12 years...

Cheers, cato
;)

Tom
05-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Gee, if we can agree on something, there's hope for
Sharon and Arafat!

andicap,
There will be a thoursand years of peace in the middle east before there is peace in Off Topics! :rolleyes: