PDA

View Full Version : Why do TwinSpires "Dam Stats" not match up?

Milkshaker
03-01-2015, 02:33 PM
I have noticed this on a number of occasions on TwinSpires. Am I missing something obvious here?

When you look at the "Career Record" in a mare's "Offspring Race Record" the total number of starts, wins, earnings etc...is often LOWER than the combined start, wins, earnings, etc...of all the mare's sprint/route/turf starters combined.

An example of this is the dam of #9 in Race 8 on Sunday 3/1 at Fair Grounds.

Shows 18sts 2w-6p-3s $165,420 for all starters but when you add up the records of her sprint/route starters alone there are 23 combined starts.

tholl
03-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Looked up the pedigree for that horse and the 18-2-6-3 is correct (dam had just one runner that accounted that). However, where on Twinspires do you see these stats?

tholl
03-02-2015, 02:38 PM
The one foal from the mare ran five time on turf. Are the stats giving route/sprint and turf? Could i be that you are adding sprint/route and turf starts together. That would bring the total starts to 23 (you would be counting the turf races twice) ?

Milkshaker
03-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Could i be that you are adding sprint/route and turf starts together. That would bring the total starts to 23 (you would be counting the turf races twice) ?

Yes, thanks for the clarification. That's exactly what I was doing.

Milkshaker
03-02-2015, 09:31 PM
I amend my earlier statement...Now that I am going back and looking at other mares for comparison, I see numerous instances where sprints + routes still exceed the offspring "career record" (this time I am not counting turf, or synth or wet or anything else).

Milkshaker
03-02-2015, 09:34 PM
However, where on Twinspires do you see these stats?

In the TS "express and pro" viewing mode, click on the underlined dam's name.