PDA

View Full Version : R10 Gulfstream - G2 Palm Beach Stakes

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 11:17 AM
A fantastic wagering race with 11 3 year olds taking on 1 1/16ths of a mile on the Gulfstream turf.

:5: Dubai Sky - This colt is 3 for 4 and has never finished outside of the trifecta while being 2 for 2 on this very track and surface. His last win was particularly solid as he led throughout only to lose the lead late, yet still prevailed in the $100K Kitten's Joy. This field will be even tougher.

:6: Night Prowler - Out of Giant's Causeway, this colt is 2 for 4 lifetime while also never missing out on the trifecta. His running style is also that of a classic turf horse. The ML favorite has to be seriously considered.

:10: Croninthebarbarian - This tough luck colt has finished just behind the :5: and :6: in recent outings. A serious contender that has the talent to flip the tables on his two rivals in here. A definite "non-toss" in all exotics plays.

:2: Eh Cumpari - Lightly raced, but highly placed in his 3 career starts, this is a very intriguing entry. While he fell short of a couple of rivals in here in the Kitten's Joy, he wasn't far off in his first career effort on turf. This colt could improve tremendously in his second effort on the grass.

:9: Divisidero - Has a single race under his belt in which he closed from well back. Adds a bullet work since then, and the breeding out of Kitten's Joy and Lemon Drop Kid gives confidence that it is all full steam ahead. Can only hope to get the ML of 10/1.

:11: Decision Day - Can't overlook his win in the $250K Corinthian Futurity at Woodbine. And Woodbine shippers do well at Gulfstream. Crossing a big Sharpie through his last out in the Holy Bull while he takes to the turf for the first time. Tough call, but he could easily surprise in here.

The :1::3::4::7: are also interesting longshots here in a very competitive field.

W: :9:
EX: :9::11:/:2::5::9::10::11:

duncan04
02-28-2015, 11:39 AM
I like the :5: Dubai Sky. Btw the Palm Beach is race 11

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 11:49 AM

Yeah. I know. It is also a G3. [self facepalm]:blush:

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 01:56 PM

Damn.

Dubai Sky just scratched.

duncan04
02-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Damn.

Dubai Sky just scratched.

Yeah race taken off turf. Wondering who else if any get scratched

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Yeah race taken off turf. Wondering who else if any get scratched

Yep. Off the turf. Gonna get a half field now I'm sure.:mad:

It was set up for a really great race. Effing weather...:bang:

duncan04
02-28-2015, 02:58 PM
So much for that. Racing has been cancelled at Gulfstream

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 04:34 PM
So much for that. Racing has been cancelled at Gulfstream

Right decision.

Sucks to spend so much time on the race, but..., it happens.

On to the next one!:ThmbUp:

nijinski
02-28-2015, 05:10 PM
I saw photos on Facebook . GP backstretch is dealing with bad flooding . .
I saw horses moved from stalls almost knee deep .