PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Saturday, Feb. 28

Teach
02-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Race One:

:6: Solly’s Mischief looks, by default, to be the horse to beat in the route opener. This Harlan’s Holiday-bred gelding has been a most consistent tote-hitting sort over the last several months. He was claimed about a month ago out of the Abigal Adsit barn by Gary Gullo. The gelding’s dropping in the claiming ranks; trainer Gullo, albeit with a small sample, does very well in this category. Jeremy Rose rides.

Others:
:3: Lubango
:1: Holy Invader
:5: Tug of War

Race Two:

:2: Papa’s Missile looks like she took a right turn onto Rockaway Blvd. in her only start. That compromised any chance this A.P. Indy-bred filly might have had in competing for prize-money in her only pari-mutuel start. With that initial effort under her belt she may race less “greenly”. The operative word is “may”. In this maiden-special field with many question marks, this distaffer did have a valid excuse. I’ll give her “a mulligan” and hope she runs a clean, alert race. Cornelio Velasaquez in the irons for trainer Chris Englehart.

Others:

:8: Naughty Grace
:6: Splash of Sass
:3: Awesome News

Race Three:

:7: Hidden Warrior got caught four wide in his last heading into the first turn in a route-race; that wide trip put an end to any hopes that this A.P. Indy-bred gelding might prevail. Well, the 6-year-old has been on the shelf now for a couple months. Quite possibly this respite will revitalize this lightly-raced gelding’s chances. His only win came from this very seven-hole at “The Big A”. Angel Cruz rides this Linda Rice trainee.

Others:

:5: No Nukes
:2: Hard Fast Cash
:3: Prime Time City

Race Four:

:4: Suckitupbuster was second in this company last time to a runaway winner. Any slight improvement would put this Freud-bred gelding in the thick of things. “Izzy” Rodriguez for trainer Thomas Morley.

Others:

:9: Hundred Percent
:3: Cats Landing
:8: Rockjaz

Race Five:

:8: Leilani’s Ticketgets my tepid nod in this wide-open sprint. There should be a cavalry charge up front as the horses head down the backstretch in this allowance six-paneler. This race begs… I mean pleads for a closer. But who? That’s the tough part. As always, assets and liabilities. This Mr. Greeley-bred horse just missed in his last a few weeks ago. As they say, any slight improvement… The Whywhywhy-bred had a recent, sharp three-panel work. Angel Cruz for Gary Contessa.

Others:

:6: Round
:7: Harpoon
:1: Matterhorn

Race Six:

:9: Tarty To The Party is my longshot value-try in this sprint. Trainer Jason Servis (having a solid meet) is very good when running the first time off a claim. The Speightstown-bred mare turns back a couple panels off her last effort. Should be closing in the stretch. The question: Does she have enough real estate to reel in the front-runners. Jockey Angel Cruz will need to have her in a reasonably good striking position to garner all the enchiladas.

Others:

:1: Midnightrinpositano
:4: Coast of Sangria
:2: Just Catty

Race Seven:

:8: Flag On The Play broke his maiden in his last about a month ago at “The Big A” in a maiden-special. Now, must face winners. In his last, the Linda Rice-trainee turned in a solid time (winter conditions) as the even-money fave. Any repeat of that effort and this A.P. Indy-bred should once again be in the thick of things. The 4-year-old gelding should benefit from the outside starting post and the services of jockey Cornelio Velasquez.

Others:

:2: Lookingoutforyou
:4: Super Nicky
:6: Cleancut Kid

Race Eight:

:1: Bowman’s Best is shipping in from Philadelphia for trainer Patricia Farro. My question: Is the rail golden? Is it the royal road to the winner’s circle? If so, this Dixieland Band-bred gelding has a solid chance of winning. Angel Cruz is in the irons.

Others:

:5: Classic Sense
:3: Conspiracy
:2: Son of a General

Race Nine:

:9: Fratello Del Nord is my medium longshot pick (more like a hunch) in this maiden-claiming state-bred sprint. This Northern Afleet-bred colt has had an array of decent morning works. Trainer Chris Englehart is good with maiden claimers. The dam, Colleen’s Scorpion, had one winner from two starters. Cornelio Velasquez is in the irons.

Others:

:7: El Viejo Verde
:1: Wild Freud
:4: Cash Buyer