02-27-2015, 06:13 PM
WHEN WILL THESE IDIOTS IN CONTROL OF ILLINIOS RACING EVER WAKE UP,,

NOW MOVING POSTTIME TO 730 WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX ALL,

IT HAS NOT,,RACE ONE ACTUALLY WENT OFF AT ,,ALMOST 740

,,LAST RACE OVER AT MIDNIGHT

..29 TO 33 MINUTES BETWEEN RACES

SOLVED,,,D I C K

,,TOTAL HANDLE ,AROUND 480K

,,ITS NOT THE POST TIME ,ITS NOT THE TIME BETWEEN RACES.

ITS THE LAME ASS RATS ...THAT KEEP RACING EVERY WEEK
NOONE IS BETTING THE PRODUCT ,,EXCEPT THE DEGENERATES

there is a sayin in my business the car business

the car can cost u 100 a month ,,if it sucks ,,IT SUCKS

THE HARNESS RACING PRODUCT IN ILLINOIS THESE DAYS ..
SUCKS

..LUCPARK:) :)

pandy
02-27-2015, 10:51 PM
So what do you expect them to do? When you have low purses that's what you get. If the state had passed slots, then they'd have good racing, but they didn't.

lucpark
02-28-2015, 09:53 AM
u expect a race secretary with a conscience

u expect series for horses

u expect a decent amount of time in between races

..shall I go on

STICK TO WHAT U FCKIN KNOW PANDY

TRYIN TO BE A CAPPER..

..WHEN U START THROWIN ACTUAL MONEY IN THE GAME LET ME KNOW

..AND GAMBLING IS NOT BEING IN THE GAME,,

ITS A SICKNESS ,,JUST LIKE DOING CRACK,,

..THANK,YOU.

NEXT TIME STAY THE FCK OUTTA INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS,,

WHEN YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN ILLINOS RACING

IS ZERO

badcompany
02-28-2015, 03:46 PM
In general, the reason for the decline of harness racing was the inability of the track owners to change with the times and make harness racing something cool and hip for the younger crowd. The tracks needed to become more like clubs with the horses as the main attraction.

Saratoga Harness has a "Back to the Track" day. They have a handicapping contest and a t-shirt giveaway after every race. This is kinda the right idea.

lucpark
02-28-2015, 03:55 PM
great points ..bad company:) :) :)

these owners and race secretary in chitown are stuck in time

,,its 2015,,not 1985..

nobody wants 33 minutes between races,,

its LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY.,,

coachv30
02-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Worst part about it, the board reads 0 minutes to post for about 20 minutes.

lucpark
02-28-2015, 04:46 PM
I was there only to say thanks to Davey magee last night at Maywood only reason I went ,, we took a few pics in dinning room as safe keeps.. ,,for the yrs of driving for me

..I stayed till the fourth race,, bored outta my mind,,

I had enufff..

they are killing the gamblers at Maywood,

,,place is a desert after 900 or so,,

..maybe 30 guys total in the building ..

nothing in dining rooms,,

disaster//

RaceTrackDaddy
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Just in my lifetime I have seen this business of horse/greyhound racing change over and over.

The biggest change to on track attendance was the otb's and phone betting that were introduced in the early 1980's. No longer was it necessary for a person to be in attendance in order to make a wager. Heck I recall a bank of pay phones at the Meadows that were padlocked until twenty minutes after the last race went official in order to keep the patrons from calling their bookies to make a bet off track. In fact, WWSW a Pittsburgh radio station would announce race results from tracks that were not even in the area ie Bowie, Gulfstream etc. No one had anywhere to bet these races except through an illegal bookie. There was such a need for this that the radio station devoted 10 minutes of their news program for results from out of town tracks. (I converted a taperecording of one from 1965 or so to digital and will post on my site for all to inspect).

The next biggest change was online betting that basically took out the need for OTB's. The smartphone made it possible for anyone to bet online as long as they had an internet connection.

Add to this the additions of state lottery programs, Power Ball and other multi-state games. The slots and tablegames just made betting on racing a chore as those people have to think before they wager instead of pulling a lever or pushing a button to bet.

AS promised, I loaded up the audio file. You may hear my sister and cousin in the background as they were very young, think I was like 13 or so at this time. Have fun looking back at how we got race results to see if we owed the book or he owed us. http://puppypicksbyz.webatu.com/Audio/Radio%20Race%20Results.mp3

RaceTrackDaddy
02-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Just in my lifetime I have seen this business of horse/greyhound racing change over and over.

The biggest change to on track attendance was the otb's and phone betting that were introduced in the early 1980's. No longer was it necessary for a person to be in attendance in order to make a wager. Heck I recall a bank of pay phones at the Meadows that were padlocked until twenty minutes after the last race went official in order to keep the patrons from calling their bookies to make a bet off track. In fact, WWSW a Pittsburgh radio station would announce race results from tracks that were not even in the area ie Bowie, Gulfstream etc. No one had anywhere to bet these races except through an illegal bookie. There was such a need for this that the radio station devoted 10 minutes of their news program for results from out of town tracks. (I converted a taperecording of one from 1965 or so to digital and will post on my site for all to inspect).

The next biggest change was online betting that basically took out the need for OTB's. The smartphone made it possible for anyone to bet online as long as they had an internet connection.

Add to this the additions of state lottery programs, Power Ball and other multi-state games. The slots and tablegames just made betting on racing a chore as those people have to think before they wager instead of pulling a lever or pushing a button to bet.

AS promised, I loaded up the audio file. You may hear my sister and cousin in the background as they were very young, think I was like 13 or so at this time. Have fun looking back at how we got race results to see if we owed the book or he owed us. http://puppypicksbyz.webatu.com/Audio/Radio%20Race%20Results.mp3

Just listened to it again, it was in the early 1968. The Meadows opened up in 1967 in early June and raced 28 days that year. (just to give a little background on the time frame and the area that this program aired).

badcompany
02-28-2015, 05:03 PM

I noticed this at Monticello, as well.

These days, "0 minutes to post" means that a race will be going off at some point in the near future.

coachv30
02-28-2015, 05:09 PM
I noticed this at Monticello, as well.

These days, "0 minutes to post" means that a race will be going off at some point in the near future.

There's a mathematical formula involved. Whatever numerical value is found in front of the variables M, T and P, add 3 to that value and multiply it by 5 to get your solution :cool:

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2015, 05:16 PM
In general, the reason for the decline of harness racing was the inability of the track owners to change with the times and make harness racing something cool and hip for the younger crowd. The tracks needed to become more like clubs with the horses as the main attraction.

Saratoga Harness has a "Back to the Track" day. They have a handicapping contest and a t-shirt giveaway after every race. This is kinda the right idea.

The last time I was at Saratoga Harness (late November, I believe) there were 20 people in the grandstand (yes, I counted). It was a Saturday night. I don't know much about the situation in Chicago, but harness racing has been in secular decline for 30 to 35 years.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2015, 05:18 PM

I assume you're referring to Maywood. Same thing can be said of Saratoga Harness. It was not the case 20 years ago. It's very annoying.

badcompany
02-28-2015, 06:10 PM
The last time I was at Saratoga Harness (late November, I believe) there were 20 people in the grandstand (yes, I counted). It was a Saturday night. I don't know much about the situation in Chicago, but harness racing has been in secular decline for 30 to 35 years.

The Back to the Track day is in July. So, they get a good crowd, but you're right. There's generally no one in the Grandstand.

pandy
03-01-2015, 12:05 AM
u expect a race secretary with a conscience

u expect series for horses

u expect a decent amount of time in between races

..shall I go on

STICK TO WHAT U FCKIN KNOW PANDY

TRYIN TO BE A CAPPER..

..WHEN U START THROWIN ACTUAL MONEY IN THE GAME LET ME KNOW

..AND GAMBLING IS NOT BEING IN THE GAME,,

ITS A SICKNESS ,,JUST LIKE DOING CRACK,,

..THANK,YOU.

NEXT TIME STAY THE FCK OUTTA INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS,,

WHEN YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN ILLINOS RACING

IS ZERO

Sorry, but this post of yours just proved that YOU have no right to be part of an intelligent conversation and I'm sorry I got involved. You spelled several words wrong including Illinois, you're rude, your comment about crack is idiotic. And, by the way, I agree that post times should be shorter and on time but that is not going go save Chicago racing and neither is any of your other infantile suggestions.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2015, 03:19 PM
I agree 100%.

He is now banned and this thread is now closed.