PDA

View Full Version : class pars, an experiment?

elhelmete
02-26-2015, 01:32 PM
In my idle time during my commute I think of lots of things. Most make no sense. But I was thinking...

Assume you're familiar with a particular circuit.

Let's say they ran a hypothetical day of races that were written by the sec'y as any other day BUT the betting public didn't have any of the race condition information, except sex of the horse, distance, and surface.

So in other words, the racing sec'y, trainers, jocks, etc. knew they were entering into, say, a $25000 claiming NW2L, but nobody else knew. Ditto for the other 8 races of the day.

And let's assume bettors couldn't identify individual horses and all jocks wore "generic" silks. All very hypothetical of course.

Would anyone here find any useful information based on what you would see...fractional and final times, observed pace and ground loss, etc.? Would it make you re-think speed figs and pars?

acorn54
02-27-2015, 08:59 AM
i don't know if this makes any sense, but this already exists in maiden races for first time starters. the old saying "the first race of a horses career belongs to the stable."
the betting public has no "class"knowlege of the firster and yet when they are very heavily bet, they are horse to be reckoned with.