PDA

View Full Version : Bob Baffert's Promising Filly Luminance Finally Returns To The Track On Saturday

Bob S.
02-25-2015, 07:44 PM
In her only start last August, three year old filly Luminance broke the 5 furlong track record at Del Mar. She injured herself soon after and hasn't raced since, but is scheduled to race this Saturday at Santa Anita. She is a part of this weekend's Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, where she is listed at 50-1. Here is a 2 year old pedigree and performance piece I wrote about her last August.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2014/07/26/2-year-old-spotlight-luminance/

taxicab
02-28-2015, 05:14 PM
She sure looked the goods back in August.
Two things stand out about her.
It was tough to close @ DMR,and even tougher to race on the outside portion of the track.....Luminance glided through the teeth of a double bias.
The other noteworthy on Luminance is her look......she's a big good looking sort.
The layoff probably gave her some "fill out" time.
I doubt the 8-5 morning line offering will hold.

Tall One
02-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to her race. This filly has a tremendous upside. Her pedigree on the dam side is extremely impressive.

Stillriledup
02-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Wow what a win. Prat rode great on the runnerup and just got outrun late. Excellent race.

Tall One
02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Wow what a win. Prat rode great on the runnerup and just got outrun late. Excellent race.

Agreed. With a six month layoff, fact her connections decided on a two turn 2015 bow showed their confidence. That photo may not have been their preferred finish though.. :faint:

Bob S.
03-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Agreed. With a six month layoff, fact her connections decided on a two turn 2015 bow showed their confidence. That photo may not have been their preferred finish though.. :faint:

The horse she beat, Wild at Heart, is a promising, high dollar filly and for her first one off the bench in 6 months, winning and wiping the rust off is very impressive, no matter how much she beat her by. And she broke slow and raced wide throughout the race. Gutsy performance. Not a bad futures ticket currently at 28-1.

JustRalph
03-01-2015, 09:27 AM
I thought she looked very disinterested

Running wide with ears pricked and struggled a little to get it done

I suspect a challenge to keep her interested

Mental training might be as big a challenge as physical

Tall One
03-01-2015, 10:25 AM
The horse she beat, Wild at Heart, is a promising, high dollar filly and for her first one off the bench in 6 months, winning and wiping the rust off is very impressive, no matter how much she beat her by. And she broke slow and raced wide throughout the race. Gutsy performance. Not a bad futures ticket currently at 28-1.

Oh I agree. A win is a win regardless especially against a solid opponent. Maybe I should've specified that was the 2nd photo i survived yesterday as well as a near dq in an earlier race. I did put a little on her nose in the oaks future yesterday though.