2 days general admission 100

2 days seats 425

Guess it will keep the riff raff out

Wonder when they are going on sale to the public
-
Allan

BIG49010
02-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Not really a bad seat in the whole place, I wonder if they will add bleachers, like they did at Arlington?

joeslovo
02-23-2015, 07:12 PM

2 days seats 425

-
Allan

I've spent over 35 years as a caregiver in critical care medicine;so I feel very much as one with the riff raff.Hopefully it does not exclude me from Keeneland.
I can afford the $425 for the 2 days with seats...if you don't mind;where did you get this info from? I signed up for their BC tickets info;but no prices yet.

lamboguy
02-23-2015, 07:16 PM
i am supposed to be in some tent there, i think i am going to skip it and just go to the Little Brown Jug. that's a pretty good 2 day event as well.

thespaah
02-24-2015, 12:04 AM
i am supposed to be in some tent there, i think i am going to skip it and just go to the Little Brown Jug. that's a pretty good 2 day event as well.
What continues to amaze me is that the Jug is contested on a Thursday, yet the place still gets 50k people in the track. Shows the loyalty of the Ohio fan of horses to Harness racing ......Imagine if the Jug were contested on a weekend! Wow...The addition of visitors to the area could in theory( limitations of plant capacity noted) double the attendance

thespaah
02-24-2015, 12:05 AM
$425 for two days seating is a bit stiff, bit not bad.

tanner12oz
02-24-2015, 04:42 PM
I love keeneland but I think that BC might be a little too much. I'm avoiding and enjoying the gorgous shots from the comfort of my living room

theiman
02-24-2015, 04:44 PM
What continues to amaze me is that the Jug is contested on a Thursday, yet the place still gets 50k people in the track. Shows the loyalty of the Ohio fan of horses to Harness racing ......Imagine if the Jug were contested on a weekend! Wow...The addition of visitors to the area could in theory( limitations of plant capacity noted) double the attendance
If the Jug were held on a Saturday an Ohio State played at home what would that area be like?

JustRalph
02-24-2015, 07:36 PM
If the Jug were held on a Saturday an Ohio State played at home what would that area be like?

Two completely different crowds.

elhelmete
02-24-2015, 07:52 PM

2 days seats 425

-
Allan

I'm surprised they don't have multiple pricing levels for seating.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-25-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm surprised they don't have multiple pricing levels for seating.

They do.

Got the e-mail today. If you want to sit in The Loge boxed seats it is $5400 for 6 for the 2 days.

They also have the Saddling Paddock Chalet at $1,225 per person.

There are others for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level seating as well as just General Admission and spots for The Hill and Meadow per car, plus some other interesting options such as the '84 Club.

I'm sure there are others and depends upon seats you have purchased in the past. I'm sure there are seats that will get into the $5K to $10K or more range.

joeslovo
02-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Jesus bless us! I'd expect a share in Coolmore for those prices.
Think I'll arrange a trip to Italy instead;take in Milan and Rome.

biggestal99
02-25-2015, 11:21 AM

2 days seats 425

-
Allan

March 4th public sale

Allan

Grits
02-25-2015, 01:51 PM
They do.

Got the e-mail today. If you want to sit in The Loge boxed seats it is $5400 for 6 for the 2 days.

They also have the Saddling Paddock Chalet at $1,225 per person.

There are others for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level seating as well as just General Admission and spots for The Hill and Meadow per car, plus some other interesting options such as the '84 Club.

Are you sure that 84 Club isn't 64 Club? As in a grandstand tent, somewhere along I-64 E or W, heading in or out of Lexington? The time I've spent at Keeneland over the years? The Hill? The Meadow? The Paddock Chalet? No, to each.

Just as soon be sitting across the street on the tarmac at Blue Grass Airport. Sporting RayBans to keep the sun out of my eyes, watching and betting on my phone. I'd have as much luck seeing a live horse.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, its the truth. :rolleyes:

Lemon Drop Husker
02-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Are you sure that 84 Club isn't 64 Club? As in a grandstand tent, somewhere along I-64 E or W, heading in or out of Lexington? The time I've spent at Keeneland over the years? The Hill? The Meadow? The Paddock Chalet? No, to each.

Just as soon be sitting across the street on the tarmac at Blue Grass Airport. Sporting RayBans to keep the sun out of my eyes, watching and betting on my phone. I'd have as much luck seeing a live horse.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, its the truth. :rolleyes:

Definitely says 84 Club. It is an enclosed lounge with glass windows sitting on the club house turn with at the rail view outside of the place. First come first serve seating for a section in and of itself with private tellers and tote machines. $550 per person for the 2 days.

Only been to Keeneland twice, so I definitely don't know the lay of the land. These sound interesting to me as we'll be one of the first at the track like we have been the last 5 years. Just need to make sure of the view and make sure it is on the first turn and not the turn coming into the stretch. I'd prefer to not be on the ground level.

Agree with you on the others. Not paying $1200 to sit in the freaking paddock. The Hill options are great if I was in college.

Grits
02-25-2015, 02:27 PM
I was teasing about the I-64 thing.... ;) Still, rather than giving this lounge a number? Depending upon the location of the structure, Rice Road, if in the first turn, or Versailles Road, if coming to the top of the stretch out of the final turn, would've made more sense. A really tough two days of crowds.... I hope folks don't find themselves shut out of betting, on track. It would be a shame.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-25-2015, 03:45 PM
I was teasing about the I-64 thing.... ;) Still, rather than giving this lounge a number? Depending upon the location of the structure, Rice Road, if in the first turn, or Versailles Road, if coming to the top of the stretch out of the final turn, would've made more sense. A really tough two days of crowds.... I hope folks don't find themselves shut out of betting, on track. It would be a shame.

No doubt. We messed up badly in 2013 at Santa Anita getting a grandstand seat. It was a 3 minute walk to the totes and concessions, and then the lines were miserable. Santa Anita did a horrible job of staffing, and had tellers that just couldn't handle it, and not nearly enough people at the concessions and drinks.

You had to be in line 10 MTP or you were very likely to get shut out.

Learned some tough and valuable lessons that year.

Keeneland is used to big crowds, but a BC crowd with them bringing in more seats and more people is a whole different animal.

uncbossfan
02-25-2015, 06:41 PM
I have seen others suggest more seats, but where will those be? Everything I see on bc.com shows only the standard areas they've always had and I saw a tweet today that said 28k tickets will be sold. If so, that's less than what is their for the Bluegrass so I'm not sure how believable that is.

Either way I'm trying for tickets and expect Keeneland to be a great host!

JustRalph
02-25-2015, 07:38 PM
I spent Breeders Cup day at Keeneland one year. The worst......

It's just too small

lamboguy
02-25-2015, 07:46 PM

It's just too smallthat place is going to be a madhouse for the Breeder's Cup. i can sit in some tent there but i don't think i will. i had a great time at Santa Anita with the Breeder's Cup, i wish they just left it there.

Tall One
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM

It's just too small

Kentucky has a home football game against Tennessee that weekend too.

Leparoux
02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
People really complaining about the prices?? $100 for both days is nothing. Might want to surf the options before whining.

http://www.breederscup.com/tickets

joeslovo
02-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Read that already...still whining!
Some of us aren't teenagers anymore;we can't stand up all day without collapsing.

FrankieFigs
02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
My wife and I love Keeneland, but after going to a couple of Bluegrass Days, we are going to pass. It was just too crowded. Way too crowded.

Fingal
02-26-2015, 12:16 PM
No doubt. We messed up badly in 2013 at Santa Anita getting a grandstand seat. It was a 3 minute walk to the totes and concessions, and then the lines were miserable. Santa Anita did a horrible job of staffing, and had tellers that just couldn't handle it, and not nearly enough people at the concessions and drinks.

Keeneland is used to big crowds, but a BC crowd with them bringing in more seats and more people is a whole different animal.

That was like the old days of the 50K+ crowds every weekend, you got in line with a TV above the teller so you could watch the odds as you shuffled along.

But this is why Belmont is expanding their wireless capacity. Panza may say it's for social media, but it's for betting. Tracks would rather you use a smartphone, tablet or laptop to bet and are pushing people that way. Because remember, personnel (tellers) are one of your biggest expenses.

If Keeneland is smart, they may want to increase their capacity too.

Cellular capacity will be tripled across the Belmont property, with wireless providers Verizon and AT&T adding three new towers. Wi-Fi capacity across the Belmont property will also grow by 75 percent, with additional access points offering added convenience for customers using tablets and smartphones.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/90274/belmont-stakes-tickets-available-feb-23#ixzz3Ss7Dl7ol

dilanesp
02-26-2015, 03:33 PM

Lines at the tote windows are unavoidable with gigantic crowds. When I was a kid, 10 to 15 minutes to bet at Santa Anita was actually standard. It's actually a lot better now.

But when there's a one-off big crowd, like at the Breeders' Cup, there's a huge requirement for temporary staffing, and there's just no way that ANY track is going to have no waiting to bet anywhere in the facility. When the BC was in New York, New Jersey, Canada, South Florida, and Louisville, it was the same way.

Redboard
02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
I had virtually no wait the last time the BC was at Belmont or Monmouth. It depends on what section of the park you're in. When I go to the track I like to take cash and bet via the betting machines, at least that's my preference. But I can't see Keenland bringing in too many extra betting machines. From their standpoint, they'd be better off hiring extra clerks and paying them the minimum wage for a couple days. Betting machines can get clogged up by computer dummies. My least preference would be betting via Iphone/Tablet when I'm at the track. I may as well stay home if I'm going to do that. I like the experience of leaving with a wad of cash at the end of the day, :) or empty pockets. :bang:

tanner12oz
02-26-2015, 08:28 PM
That was like the old days of the 50K+ crowds every weekend, you got in line with a TV above the teller so you could watch the odds as you shuffled along.

But this is why Belmont is expanding their wireless capacity. Panza may say it's for social media, but it's for betting. Tracks would rather you use a smartphone, tablet or laptop to bet and are pushing people that way. Because remember, personnel (tellers) are one of your biggest expenses.

If Keeneland is smart, they may want to increase their capacity too.

that's good cuz I was shutout at Belmont from about race 3 on for belmont stakes day..cost me a fortune

FrankieFigs
02-27-2015, 09:48 AM
As far as the wireless capacity issue, I can see Keeneland increasing it BC weekend (if not overall). They bust their butts to get things right.

ubercapper
02-27-2015, 11:55 AM
I have seen others suggest more seats, but where will those be? Everything I see on bc.com shows only the standard areas they've always had and I saw a tweet today that said 28k tickets will be sold. If so, that's less than what is their for the Bluegrass so I'm not sure how believable that is.

Either way I'm trying for tickets and expect Keeneland to be a great host!
Here was an image of where the temporary seating will be. It was from last October so may have changed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq7hc2LIgAAO-l3.jpg:large

DelMarJay
02-28-2015, 04:29 AM
Beautiful and awesome race track. Will be a friggin nightmare. Not nearly enough parking. Put in far, far too few temp seats. No food or drinks allowed in. Concession and wagering worst in history of BC.

Yeah, I will be betting at home, 'cause good fields and betting opportunities
But F the BC people, who have turned into raving megalomaniacs and have subverted the entire original concept.

Only a few short years ago admission and parking were just the regular price of the catering track. I get the concept of inflation, but these numbers are staggering. Add the "miserableness" factor and WAMMO.

tanner12oz
02-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Taking into account all the expenses a trip for two for the cup might cost you in the 5k plus range for 2 days. Awful lot of money for most people

uncbossfan
02-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Beautiful and awesome race track. Will be a friggin nightmare. Not nearly enough parking. Put in far, far too few temp seats. No food or drinks allowed in. Concession and wagering worst in history of BC.

But F the BC people, who have turned into raving megalomaniacs and have subverted the entire original concept.

Only a few short years ago admission and parking were just the regular price of the catering track. I get the concept of inflation, but these numbers are staggering. Add the "miserableness" factor and WAMMO.

Out of curiosity, how can you complain about cost of getting in and the fact it will be too crowded in the same post? If that's the case, sounds like they could be charging even more if that many people are still willing to pay it.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Lines at the tote windows are unavoidable with gigantic crowds. When I was a kid, 10 to 15 minutes to bet at Santa Anita was actually standard. It's actually a lot better now.

But when there's a one-off big crowd, like at the Breeders' Cup, there's a huge requirement for temporary staffing, and there's just no way that ANY track is going to have no waiting to bet anywhere in the facility. When the BC was in New York, New Jersey, Canada, South Florida, and Louisville, it was the same way.

I beg to differ.

The last 2 years at Santa Anita we paid for our seats and were rewarded with a great experience of short lines, little to no waiting, and food and drink whenever we wanted.

The lesson we learned is that sometimes you have to pay for convenience.

The previous two years at Churchill were much different. We had boxed seats in the Grandstands, but the long lines and numerous people weren't an issue as Churchill deals with that type of crowd every year at the Kentucky Derby and were extremely fast and efficient in dealing with the numbers. The lines may have been 20+ deep, but they were quick in dealing with them.

We will be paying for seats again this year that are in their own section with a smaller crowd. The couple extra hundred or so is well worth it in my opinion.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-28-2015, 12:17 PM
We got our tickets!:jump:

84 Club it is. $550 per seat for the 2 days (if we get a seat?). Will be built strictly for the Breeders Cup on the corner of the first turn. Similar seats at Santa Anita, and we loved them (although we were 20 feet above the track at SA in prime viewing position as opposed to on the ground.)

As Bart Scott so eloquently quoted: "Can't Wait!"

dilanesp
02-28-2015, 06:19 PM
I beg to differ.

The last 2 years at Santa Anita we paid for our seats and were rewarded with a great experience of short lines, little to no waiting, and food and drink whenever we wanted.

The lesson we learned is that sometimes you have to pay for convenience.

The previous two years at Churchill were much different. We had boxed seats in the Grandstands, but the long lines and numerous people weren't an issue as Churchill deals with that type of crowd every year at the Kentucky Derby and were extremely fast and efficient in dealing with the numbers. The lines may have been 20+ deep, but they were quick in dealing with them.

We will be paying for seats again this year that are in their own section with a smaller crowd. The couple extra hundred or so is well worth it in my opinion.

I think you misconstrued my post. I also attended the BC the last 2 years at Santa Anita (and many others), and 2 years ago, I was in a spot (the clubhouse theater, which no longer exists) where there were no lines at all. Last year I was in the grandstand and there were lines.

My point isn't that you will stand in line no matter what; my point is rather that when a crowd is big enough, there's inevitably going to be lines SOMEWHERE in the facility. It is just an inevitable function of the fact of track configurations, temporary mutuel clerks, and a one-off event. This sort of thing just doesn't get pulled off perfectly, and if your primary interest is to bet rather than to see the event live, it's probably better to do it online or at a simulcast facility. Betting at a big "event" horse race is always going to be a crapshoot in terms of waits.

dilanesp
02-28-2015, 06:25 PM

Actually, the first time the BC took control of the pricing and raised it above "regular" price was way back in 1990-- although the amounts we are talking about back then were trivial (tickets were $20 instead of the normal $4 for admission and a reserved seat at Belmont back then). I do remember paying $4 for my seat in the grandstand in 1986 at Santa Anita. So there was a time....

Eventually, what the BC realized is that there are a whole bunch of people who will pay big money to attend the event. That's what's behind the $200 tickets, the two days, etc. And that's not something that's ever going to be turned back, unless television comes in and gives them a lot of money. (It's notable that the BC's most lucrative TV contract was its first one, with NBC. And it was during that contract that the seats were cheap.)

And there are things specific to this BC that make it even more expensive-- there's a shortage of seats and plenty of rich Lexington-area breeders who will pay top dollar. Frankly, I'm surprised the grandstand seats are only $425 for the two days-- I was expecting it to be even higher. If Keeneland tried to price this at their normal prices ($5 or $10 or whatever to get in plus a few bucks for a reserved seat), there would be an instant sellout and a ton of scalping anyway.

People hate price gouging, but when you have huge demand and low supply, the alternative to price gouging isn't that everyone gets in cheap-- it's that everyone has to buy from scalpers.

thespaah
02-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Two completely different crowds.
I think the OP was referring to the logistics. Columbus is not that large of a metro area that it would be difficult if 100k people showed up for the Jug and another 100k for a Buckeyes game.
There are essentially 3 major roads in the metro area.
I-70, I-71 and I-270...Tough sledding with that many people out and about

thespaah
02-28-2015, 07:46 PM

Like most other marquee sporting events, the regular guy/gal who is the regular customer has been shut out by prices.
No doubt the low end chain motels will be charging the highest permitted rack rates and throwing in 3 and 4 night minimum stays.
To put it mildly, it will be a feeding frenzy.
One thing these people may want to be aware, "don't ef it up. Because if you do, you'll never have this opportunity again".

thespaah
02-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Actually, the first time the BC took control of the pricing and raised it above "regular" price was way back in 1990-- although the amounts we are talking about back then were trivial (tickets were $20 instead of the normal $4 for admission and a reserved seat at Belmont back then). I do remember paying $4 for my seat in the grandstand in 1986 at Santa Anita. So there was a time....

Eventually, what the BC realized is that there are a whole bunch of people who will pay big money to attend the event. That's what's behind the $200 tickets, the two days, etc. And that's not something that's ever going to be turned back, unless television comes in and gives them a lot of money. (It's notable that the BC's most lucrative TV contract was its first one, with NBC. And it was during that contract that the seats were cheap.)

And there are things specific to this BC that make it even more expensive-- there's a shortage of seats and plenty of rich Lexington-area breeders who will pay top dollar. Frankly, I'm surprised the grandstand seats are only $425 for the two days-- I was expecting it to be even higher. If Keeneland tried to price this at their normal prices ($5 or $10 or whatever to get in plus a few bucks for a reserved seat), there would be an instant sellout and a ton of scalping anyway.

People hate price gouging, but when you have huge demand and low supply, the alternative to price gouging isn't that everyone gets in cheap-- it's that everyone has to buy from scalpers.
I went to the 1985 BC at Aqueduct( chilly and damp). We paid $5 for a seat on the second level about the 16th pole. $2 grandstand admission.
Went to the 1990 BC at Belmont( ccccccold that day.) The price my seat ticket says $25. We paid a guy in the parking lot $10. If memory serves, Admission was included.

thespaah
02-28-2015, 07:55 PM

I can tell you this. Ticket brokers will end up with the majority of the tickets anyway.
They use computer programs that allow the purchase of large blocks of seats in an instant.
And because after market ticket sales are mostly electronic, anti scalping laws are unenforceable.

biggestal99
03-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Like most other marquee sporting events, the regular guy/gal who is the regular customer has been shut out by prices.
No doubt the low end chain motels will be charging the highest permitted rack rates and throwing in 3 and 4 night minimum stays.
To put it mildly, it will be a feeding frenzy.
One thing these people may want to be aware, "don't ef it up. Because if you do, you'll never have this opportunity again".

I am staying at hojo for 277 for 5 nights, guess they missed that this is a Hot weekend.

Allan

bdownes
03-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Columbus is the 32nd biggest TV market in the USA. Lexington is the 65th biggest market.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

biggestal99
03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
I can tell you this. Ticket brokers will end up with the majority of the tickets anyway.
They use computer programs that allow the purchase of large blocks of seats in an instant.
And because after market ticket sales are mostly electronic, anti scalping laws are unenforceable.

Had no problem getting tickets. 3rd floor grandstand section E.

Allan

FlyinLate
03-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Had no problem getting tickets. 3rd floor grandstand section E.

Allan

Tickets do not go on sale until Wednesday?

tanner12oz
03-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Tickets do not go on sale until Wednesday?

thats what im saying...how are people getting tix already? PM me if you dont want it public

biggestal99
03-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Pre-public sale tickets, i have been butying bc tickets or 14 tyears

Allan

FlyinLate
03-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Pre-public sale tickets, i have been butying bc tickets or 14 tyears

Allan

PM me if you happen to have a way to get a few more!

tanner12oz
03-01-2015, 05:25 PM
What's everyone going for on Wednesday? I initially was going to go reserved grandstand but I think I'm just going to ga it now and save $300...going to be s cluster$&$# either way. I'm still young enough to be able to stand all day.

FlyinLate
03-01-2015, 05:49 PM
What's everyone going for on Wednesday? I initially was going to go reserved grandstand but I think I'm just going to ga it now and save $300...going to be s cluster$&$# either way. I'm still young enough to be able to stand all day.

Which GA are you targeting? Regular or clubhouse?

I'm trying for grandstand but am losing hope that I'll be successful.

tanner12oz
03-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Just regular GA. Some of the options include food just an fyi.imagine it will be a really nice spread.

uncbossfan
03-02-2015, 08:47 PM
I too am interested in pre sale tickets if anybody is willing to share the password. Thanks in advance!!!

Willie Beamin
03-04-2015, 01:36 PM
I was able to luckily get tickets today on site before it crashed. Sec E row L..does anybody know how many rows are in the keeneland grandstand? Thanks.

wisconsin
03-04-2015, 01:42 PM
I want to say 15.

Edit: 12

wisconsin
03-04-2015, 01:43 PM

You get there early enough with your own chair and get a spot near the rail. People will move those benches up as well.

OTM Al
03-04-2015, 02:15 PM
You get there early enough with your own chair and get a spot near the rail. People will move those benches up as well.

No chairs allowed. Surprised they didn't sell bench seats on the apron.

tanner12oz
03-04-2015, 02:35 PM
I was able to luckily get tickets today on site before it crashed. Sec E row L..does anybody know how many rows are in the keeneland grandstand? Thanks.

those are good ones

the site was a disaster...I eventually got through for GA at around 1:30 after trying from noon

Grits
03-04-2015, 02:46 PM
I want to say 15.

Edit: 12

For several years, having bought seats for the meets, Keeneland is small, so there are no really bad areas in the grandstand, center seats are better than others. The greater concern? The section that your seats are located in. Not the Row #. The row doesn't matter except in making your way to the windows, the higher the better. You still have a good view, regardless how high or how low in the grandstand you're seated.

Keeneland faces the southwest afternoon sun, so wear sunglasses and take good binoculars for better viewing of backside. Jumbotron doesn't always cut it. Big or not.

http://www.keeneland.com/sites/all/themes/ke/kmap/pdf/Grandstand%20Map-F2013.pdf

biggestal99
03-04-2015, 03:00 PM
All sold out except for ga

Wow

Allan

biggestal99
03-04-2015, 04:40 PM

3E-L tickets are listed for 2.5k a piece on stubhub.

They can't be serious, can they?

Allan

tanner12oz
03-04-2015, 05:06 PM
All sold out except for ga

Wow

Allan

these won't last long either not that everything else is gone

FlyinLate
03-04-2015, 07:01 PM

Allan

I significantly doubt it. Our group was able to get some grandstand seats in section F. This type of thing tends to happen with these events. The scalpers throw them out there at ridiculous numbers in case anyone is dumb enough to pull the trigger. As things settle down, and the event draws near, I would expect grandstand seats to go for about $800-1000 a piece. Just my best guess, but if I got shut out, I'd be patiently waiting before thinking twice about paying that ridiculous price.

Grits
03-04-2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.breederscup.com/article/statement-breeders-cup-ltd-2015-breeders-cup-world-championships-ticket-sales?

How are 77K on site racegoers going to get their bets in? This is hard to fathom. Hopefully, half of the state of Kentucky needs a part time (or 2 day) job. SMH..but maybe it is just my thinking...how?

“Total ticketing for the 2015 Breeders’ Cup is projected at 77,000 for the two days (tickets for The Hill & The Meadow are per car, and allow access of all occupants of the car, so the estimated attendance is 42,000-45,000 each day). After today’s public sales, we have sold 60,000 of those tickets, and have approximately 17,000 available.”

Grits
03-04-2015, 08:28 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/commentary-breeders-cup-ticket-chase-an-exercise-in-futility/

This is such a mess. How do you create fans, or even keep the ones you have, like this? This is pure depressing. Can't Breeders' Cup do any damn thing right?

I didn't want or plan to go to BC at Keeneland. Choosing instead to wager elsewhere or at home, still I feel for those who are going, and those who wanted to go. ... Again, all is about greed.

uncbossfan
03-04-2015, 08:48 PM
http://www.breederscup.com/article/statement-breeders-cup-ltd-2015-breeders-cup-world-championships-ticket-sales?

How are 77K on site racegoers going to get their bets in? This is hard to fathom. Hopefully, half of the state of Kentucky needs a part time (or 2 day) job. SMH..but maybe it is just my thinking...how?

There will be less people at the Breeders Cup than they had on Bluegrass day 2012.

tanner12oz
03-04-2015, 08:48 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/commentary-breeders-cup-ticket-chase-an-exercise-in-futility/

This is such a mess. How do you create fans, or even keep the ones you have, like this? This is pure depressing. Can't Breeders' Cup do any damn thing right?

I didn't want or plan to go to BC at Keeneland. Choosing instead to wager elsewhere or at home, still I feel for those who are going, and those who wanted to go. ... Again, all is about greed.

to be expected...hot tickets are a challenge...alot of people are getting in and GA tix were still around as of late afternoon. There's only so many reserved seats. Demand exceeds quantity..nothing can be done.

tanner12oz
03-04-2015, 08:52 PM

77k over 2 days...

the 40k for each day will be spread out over the expansive acreage...not saying it not be crowded but they ate trying to spread the crowd out. The 40k spread out might feel better then your typical bluegrass day where everyone is inside and people have alot of access

Copyroomjim
03-05-2015, 07:33 AM
I think you'll find the "84" tickets are at the top of the turn for home. Keeneland's "Clubhouse" is at the 3/16-1/8 pole area rather than past the finish line like every other racetrack. Thus the "Clubhouse turn" is the turn for home.

Grits
03-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Tanner12, I'm not new to any of this...not the crowds, or the demands of big racing days. Have gone to the Belmont Stakes for 15 years, to Saratoga in August--the same. Used to live just off Man O War Blvd, a mile down the road from Keeneland. I know the acreage there pretty well.

In other words, when you made your first bet on Smarty Jones, I'd been betting and watching races a long time. Supply and demand is something I get. ;)

wisconsin
03-05-2015, 09:51 AM
For several years, having bought seats for the meets, Keeneland is small, so there are no really bad areas in the grandstand, center seats are better than others. The greater concern? The section that your seats are located in. Not the Row #. The row doesn't matter except in making your way to the windows, the higher the better. You still have a good view, regardless how high or how low in the grandstand you're seated.

Keeneland faces the southwest afternoon sun, so wear sunglasses and take good binoculars for better viewing of backside. Jumbotron doesn't always cut it. Big or not.

http://www.keeneland.com/sites/all/themes/ke/kmap/pdf/Grandstand%20Map-F2013.pdf

I know this won't apply to Breeder's Cup weekend, but I don't ever buy seats at Keeneland. We get a free table upstairs and walk out to watch the live races from the top of the grandstand.

Fingal
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Reading the commentary on Paulick's web site about his experience to see how the process would work was pretty much predictable. Of course he gets media credentials, but he tried the process the public would go through just out of curiosity-

Below there was one comment that summed it up pretty good. Makes you wonder how another small facility like Del Mar will work out regarding tickets.

This is exactly what the élite owners and breeders wanted -- a Breeders' Cup where they would mingle only with people like themselves. Private tents, clubhouse, restaurants, bars and restrooms apparently weren't enough to keep out what you call the great unwashed masses. To enable other people of their social class and their hangers-on to enjoy their private day at the races, they banished the "others" to venues without a view of the racetrack, where they could have a "social" racing experience with other people just like them. You know, the people who drink beer and eat hot dogs and who think a $5 bet on each race is a big deal. And the sport wonders why it's dying.

Tall One
03-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Lexington Room is a great option, Wisky.. :ThmbUp:

Grits is spot on by the way. 40K on Bluegrass 2014, and the place was brimming around the 5th race; which was when we made our last bets and bolted. What's crazy was the cars still lined up to get in the place at the first Versailles Rd entrance where Man O' War Blvd ends.

I'd love to attend the 1st BC at Keeneland, but, our plans are to bet from the satellite while tailgating at Commonwealth Stadium for the UK/UT game.. :)

Just go EARLY, plan on staying late, and by all means, enjoy your time here in Lexington.

Grits
03-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Lexington Room is a great option, Wisky.. :ThmbUp:

Grits is spot on by the way. 40K on Bluegrass 2014, and the place was brimming around the 5th race; which was when we made our last bets and bolted. What's crazy was the cars still lined up to get in the place at the first Versailles Rd entrance where Man O' War Blvd ends.

I'd love to attend the 1st BC at Keeneland, but, our plans are to bet from the satellite while tailgating at Commonwealth Stadium for the UK/UT game.. :)

Just go EARLY, plan on staying late, and by all means, enjoy your time here in Lexington.

:lol: T.O. its what? About a 14 to 16 mile bus ride from the Kentucky Horse Park, (where parking is designated for patrons) way out on I-75 N. Can you imagine how far traffic is going to be backed up on Georgetown Pike, then the crawl on New Circle, and the exit onto Versailles.

For those with tickets, plan to be at your bus stop before dawn. I read they're providing samiches and $18 Bloody Marys (Grey Goose is steep) on the bus in the event of traffic snarl.

After Friday's races, return to your hotel at midnight, and do your handicapping for Saturday. Then get up and be at the bus, again, before light. Drunk on Breeders' Cup fun! :lol:

Those Stub Hub $1,000 or $2,000 seats? I'd rather take my money and jet to Paris for the Arc, gentlemen. ;) I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. I'm one to talk, I sit in traffic leaving Belmont every year.

CosmicWon
03-05-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm looking to go to the football game as well rather than the races. I was at Kee when it set the attendance record (Showing Up's Lexington) and it was a total uncomfortable gong show. And we had actual seats! Too darn crowded, messy atmosphere, saw a girl fight on the second floor (actual throwing 'bows), and people puking on the way back to their cars. It frankly was disgusting and a rather tacky scene.

Based on the cluster muck with the tix yesterday, there's no way I can trust them to put on the event smoothly, especially at a new and unfamiliar venue, given the extraordinary prices.

I'll get a media credential to do my job during that week and call it a day on Fri and Sat. The more I have to pay for tickets, the less I can, you know, actually wager on their races.

More than anything though, the elitist attitude over this whole eventis a real turn-off. I'll go hang out with my uncouth and bowtie/fedora eschewing friends over at Commonwealth thank you very much.

PS it's probably bad business to keep telling your customers how slovenly you think they are all the time. If anyone at BC is reading this, please, enough with the "fashion" advice. As if they're ones to talk anyway--I've seen plenty of Vineyard Vines ties and madras khakis over the years and heads up they aren't all that.

tanner12oz
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Tanner12, I'm not new to any of this...not the crowds, or the demands of big racing days. Have gone to the Belmont Stakes for 15 years, to Saratoga in August--the same. Used to live just off Man O War Blvd, a mile down the road from Keeneland. I know the acreage there pretty well.

In other words, when you made your first bet on Smarty Jones, I'd been betting and watching races a long time. Supply and demand is something I get. ;)

I'm hearing the attendance cap is going to be lower then your typical bluegrass day. This lower number is then going to be spread over a larger swath of real estate then bluegrass day because of the new seating options. I'm sorry but people can yell the sky is falling all they want but I'm not seeing the catastrophe that everyone else is predicting.

I've done the Belmont, I've done toga in August, have done the preakness for 10 plus years, bluegrasses...so lets not get ahead of ourselves cuz some of us younger bucks have put the work in :-)

dilanesp
03-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Reading the commentary on Paulick's web site about his experience to see how the process would work was pretty much predictable. Of course he gets media credentials, but he tried the process the public would go through just out of curiosity-

Below there was one comment that summed it up pretty good. Makes you wonder how another small facility like Del Mar will work out regarding tickets.

Del Mar is a LOT larger than Keeneland, including a double decked grandstand and clubhouse, private suites, a turf club, and a large infield.

thespaah
03-05-2015, 11:53 PM

Allan
When it comes to dealing with ticket scalpers i have a standing rule. Wait them out.
I always win.
Wait until the last day. If going both Fri and Sat is an imperative, wait until just after the first race. The sellers will be dumping their tix for coast or less.
They will be at the shuttle parking lots selling.

thespaah
03-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I significantly doubt it. Our group was able to get some grandstand seats in section F. This type of thing tends to happen with these events. The scalpers throw them out there at ridiculous numbers in case anyone is dumb enough to pull the trigger. As things settle down, and the event draws near, I would expect grandstand seats to go for about $800-1000 a piece. Just my best guess, but if I got shut out, I'd be patiently waiting before thinking twice about paying that ridiculous price.
Don't pay that. Make your plans flexible. Those tickets will be face value or less on race day.

thespaah
03-06-2015, 12:02 AM

As I stated earlier in the thread, ticket brokers rule the day. These companies have computer software that allow them to buy blocks of tickets in mere seconds. As a result, the system selling the tickets cannot handle the traffic and it either crashes or is saddled by lengthy delays...
I wanted to be there for this event, but I don't see very comfortable atmosphere for those not seated in the grandstand.
It is my hope that Keeneland pulls this event off and has a good weekend.
I will be watching from home.

Redboard
03-06-2015, 09:25 AM
I went to the BC three times. The last time it was at Churchill, Monmouth and the last time it was at Belmont. All three times I waited until the week before and got tickets on Stubhub/ebay for face value, or less than face value.
I wouldn’t blame the “ticket scalpers”. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BC had a pre-arranged deal with them to put a few hundred tickets up for sale. Why not? If someone is crazy enough to pay thousands of dollars, let em. the NFL does it all the time.

biggestal99
04-07-2015, 01:25 PM
On site parkingpasses for sale

Www.breederscup.com/tickets/the-meadow

Allan