PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Live! 02/23/2015

Teach
02-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Race One:

#4 Getaway Gold gets my weak nod to take the opener. Why? Well, Joe Bongiorno’s a solid reinsman in a race that features a field of nondescript mares. In other words: a wide-open race. In cases like this I’ve got to cast my lot with the better drivers. Speaking of better drivers, Eric Abbatiello’s in the bike with #5 G W Leafhopper. One win in 33 lifetime starts. What’s this world coming to? The two others that I believe have a shot are #1 Evergreen Jill with Pat Berry. This mare has been installed as the morning line fave. Yes, the mare should be there, but I have my concerns about her winning. Finally, #2 Four Starz Trop is certainly worthy of consideration. Yet she hasn’t won since last November, which, by the way, is a heckuva lot better than most of the other distaffers in the field.

Teach
02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Race Two:

Can Pat Berry sweep the early double? That is the question. In a race where you're always looking for excuses this McArdle-bred gelding has finally drawn a decent starting post after a series of outside beginnings. It wouldn't take much for "The Harvard Man" a.k.a. Pat Berry to guide this gelding to the winner's circle. So, my choice here is #2 Kaya's Sweetheart. Others who I believe can contend are: #1 Caviart Spencer. Steve Smith in the bike's a plus; so is starting from the "inside" on this cold, blustery day. Yes, the gelding is stepping up a bit in company, but I still believe he's capable of gracing the tote with "Smitty's" careful handling. Two others I'll mention are: #5 Crocodile Rock with Eric Abbatiello and #4 Travers Hall.

mrroyboy
02-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Best of Luck Teach. Freehold is a weird track.

Teach
02-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Race Three:

#7 Move It Move It with Steve Smith is my pick to win the third. This gelding can close. I think there should be some decent speed up front that will give this horse an opportunity to make his move at the top of the stretch and into the winner's Circle. Others worthy of consideration are: #1 Silver Delivery. Jim Marshall handles trotters very well. The rail should help. I think this grey gelding's capable of being part of a gimmick. Others: #8 Cultured Pearl and #2 McRiddler.

Teach
02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Race Four:

Alright. A chance to recoup. Gee, I wish that #7 had gotten up for third! This doesn't happen always. The stars are aligned. In fact, it's more like a total eclipse of the sun occurring in your part of the world (last time that happened in Eastern Massachusetts was forty-five years ago). Anyway. I'm talking about a "Live-9". You've heard of the "Live-9". The #9 horse starts from the second tier behind the #1. It's like what the stockbroker said to an options trader when the market turned against him: "Cover. Cover Cover." Yes, #9 Cajon Hot Shot gets instant live cover leaving the starting gate. Glorioso. Magnifico. Maravilloso. Rapture! Ecstacy! I think this Grinfromeartoear-bred gelding has a solid shot of getting all the enchiladas. Others. Yes, the rail horse, #1 NitesICan'tRemember. In fact I'm tempted to box the 1-9 in an exacta and use them in my tri. Everyone, of course, is a free agent. Then, there's #2 Keeping Optimistic. He can't be ignored. Will these three horses be the tri numbers? Stranger things have happened. Finally, #6 A Place In History.

Teach
02-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Race Five:

I hope you boxed those four horses in the previous race. Frankly, I was disappointed that the #9 couldn't do any better than fourth. When the field reached the top of the stretch I had every reason to believe this horse would put this field away. Anyway.

I'm leaning toward #4 Fat Boy. He's been red hot lately in this company and I think he can prevail. Two others who I think are in the mix are: #1 Our Special Girl and #5 Blazing Benny. #6 Bryan's Angel will need to stay flat.

Teach
02-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Race Six:

I'm going with #2 Senor Grande. Mark Beckwith romped in the last race. This doesn't mean that this gelding will necessarily do the same; yet, he's capable of winning. Others I'm looking at are: #1 Fire Escape, #4 Amped Up; and #5 Next Flight.

Teach
02-23-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm going to take a shot at the .50 Pick-4: Here are my choices:

Race Seven: #s 1-3-5

Race Eight: #s 4-6-2

Race Nine: #s 2-7-8

Race Ten: #s 2-4-1