PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been keeping an eye on this forum while in exile. Looks like you had a few good horse racing discussions going on. Especially glad to hear that Dave S. has something new cooking for handicappers.

Ciao

Augenj
02-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been keeping an eye on this forum while in exile. Looks like you had a few good horse racing discussions going on. Especially glad to hear that Dave S. has something new cooking for handicappers.

Ciao
Welcome back, Al. :ThmbUp:

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Welcome back, Al. :ThmbUp:

Thanks

therussmeister
02-22-2015, 12:39 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about a longshot winner at Parx.

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 03:16 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about a longshot winner at Parx.

Is there a horse named "Hello"?

dnlgfnk
02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi, Al.

Keith Jones' signature call sometimes when a longshot wins.

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi, Al.

Keith Jones' signature call sometimes when a longshot wins.

I think this fits here. This is a longshot. "Hello" everyone. (Inside joke.)

thaskalos
02-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Nice to have you back, Al. :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
02-22-2015, 04:19 PM
"Were you gone?" :lol:

(Actually I have a friend who went on vacation and when he got back he walked into the office and said "I'm back."
His boss replied "Oh, were you gone?")

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 05:22 PM
"Were you gone?" :lol:

(Actually I have a friend who went on vacation and when he got back he walked into the office and said "I'm back."
His boss replied "Oh, were you gone?")

I know it was a joke, but I used my spare the time coding. It was actually productive.

Capper Al
02-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Nice to have you back, Al. :ThmbUp:

Good to be back. Watched your post while I was away. You had some good ones.

maclr11
02-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Is there a horse named "Hello"?

Champion Older Mare in Manitoba in 2013
Made 119K in 21 career starts

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=8320025&registry=T

taxicab
02-22-2015, 10:54 PM
I thought "Uncle Leo" had joined PA.... :eek:

whodoyoulike
02-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've been keeping an eye on this forum while in exile...

Ciao

Is "while in exile" a euphemism for being in jail?

Do the "screws" allow internet access?

Just remember to always pay your taxes and you should be fine.

Capper Al
02-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Is "while in exile" a euphemism for being in jail?

Do the "screws" allow internet access?

Just remember to always pay your taxes and you should be fine.

I'm still in jail. I think I'm getting time for good behavior.

thaskalos
02-23-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm still in jail. I think I'm getting time for good behavior.
Beware of any parole violations... :)

HUSKER55
02-23-2015, 07:31 PM
good to have you back!

if you need a reference tell em to come talk to me. After 5 minutes, perhaps less, they will surrender and give you what you want!

:lol:

good to see you up and kicking.

Capper Al
02-24-2015, 04:25 AM
Beware of any parole violations... :)

I am.

Capper Al
02-24-2015, 04:27 AM
good to have you back!

if you need a reference tell em to come talk to me. After 5 minutes, perhaps less, they will surrender and give you what you want!

:lol:

good to see you up and kicking.

Good to be back

Capper Al
02-24-2015, 03:22 PM
New signature: Hello!!!!!!!!!

reckless
02-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Hello!!!!! Back to you, Capper Al. Welcome.

passrace
02-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Welcome back! Hello.
ALF

Capper Al
02-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Like the song goes, "It's time to say good bye."

I have been hacking my way into this website and don't wish to do it anymore. It was fun at first, but now find it disturbing that those of different political views are treated as second class citizens. If anyone needs to contact me, they can send me an email via my user CP. Good luck at the races. And Chicago, don't forget to invite me to the annual meeting.

Take Care,

Capper Al

JimG
02-28-2015, 08:16 AM
It was fun at first, but now find it disturbing that those of different political views are treated as second class citizens.
Capper Al

I never have found that to be an issue in the horse racing forums. I stay out of Off Topic - General as I hate discussing politics.

Perhaps you may want to consider the same and stick to the horse racing forums to contribute, learn, and discuss.

Capper Al
02-28-2015, 09:34 AM
I never have found that to be an issue in the horse racing forums. I stay out of Off Topic - General as I hate discussing politics.

Perhaps you may want to consider the same and stick to the horse racing forums to contribute, learn, and discuss.

I agree. Wish I would have stayed out of it. I did for many years. I even asked if we could have politics turned off our new post search. Just like they don't want to see my politics, I didn't want to see theirs.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2015, 12:45 PM

I have been hacking my way into this website and don't wish to do it anymore. It was fun at first, but now find it disturbing that those of different political views are treated as second class citizens. If anyone needs to contact me, they can send me an email via my user CP. Good luck at the races. And Chicago, don't forget to invite me to the annual meeting.

Take Care,

Capper Al

While the majority of posters on this board are to your right, where's the evidence of being treated as "second-class citizen?" You can easily stay on the racing side of the forum. No one forces you to read the political side.

Capper Al
02-28-2015, 04:25 PM
While the majority of posters on this board are to your right, where's the evidence of being treated as "second-class citizen?" You can easily stay on the racing side of the forum. No one forces you to read the political side.

It works both ways. Just like they don't want to see my political views and they block me, I don't want to see theirs. I come here to discuss racing. If I wanted to go to a far right website, I would. But, I don't.

whodoyoulike
02-28-2015, 05:51 PM
It works both ways. Just like they don't want to see my political views and they block me, I don't want to see theirs. I come here to discuss racing. If I wanted to go to a far right website, I would. But, I don't.

I've mentioned this before, I like your racing ideas for awhile there you were coming up with some good ones (but, it has been awhile). Just discuss racing since that is what you enjoy.

Try and avoid religion and political threads, you're not going to change any ones views. And, if you were able to, would you really want to be in agreement with someone whose views can be easily changed based on discussions on a forum?

Capper Al
03-01-2015, 07:29 AM
I've mentioned this before, I like your racing ideas for awhile there you were coming up with some good ones (but, it has been awhile). Just discuss racing since that is what you enjoy.

Try and avoid religion and political threads, you're not going to change any ones views. And, if you were able to, would you really want to be in agreement with someone whose views can be easily changed based on discussions on a forum?

That's the big question to settle, can we really avoid subliminal propaganda? Think about all the adds you see on the top and the right of the screen. These advertisers are paying money betting that they can get to you. If it didn't work, they won't be putting up the money. I'm trying to work this out that I might accept this unfortunate situation. I do like my racing, and PA is the leading site for handicap discussions.

Grits
03-01-2015, 10:29 AM
That's the big question to settle, can we really avoid subliminal propaganda? Think about all the adds you see on the top and the right of the screen. These advertisers are paying money betting that they can get to you. If it didn't work, they won't be putting up the money. I'm trying to work this out that I might accept this unfortunate situation. I do like my racing, and PA is the leading site for handicap discussions.

What drama. And advertisers are "getting to" whom, other than yourself?

The majority of these ads are placed on your screen by Google, not by Pace Advantage, something that everyone at this website has understood for a long time. Yes, they're paid advertisers, here, but those aren't near as great in number as the Google ads.

When I'm here, as one of few women, I've never bought a bra based on the ad at the top of the page. I've never bought men's jockey underwear. I'm not losing hair, so the ads for men who are losing their's does nothing for me either. Too, be assured, subliminally, or overtly blatant....the Russian and Asian women offered here are not going to cause me to "cross over". They're not "getting to" me.

As far as the paid advertisers. That's none of your business. No one, again, is asking you to purchase or to be persuaded, not by past performances, software designers, or any other racing related product or entity.

Common sense is a wise and good thing, and its worthwhile, always, to exercise it--as opposed to paranoia--which can be consuming. Though, in this case, its plain silly. You should've gone quietly if you felt it necessary for you. Your use of the word propaganda, here, is juvenile, insulting and wrong. :ThmbDown:

maddog42
03-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Take Care,

Capper Al

Nice hearing from you Al. I think "second class citizens" is a little strong, but I do understand.

Saratoga_Mike
03-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Grits said it perfectly. Thank you G.

In my opinion, CapperAl is either looking for attention OR he doesn't know how to navigate the site. So I'll help. Log on to paceadvantage.com. You're now at the home page. Immediately click on "forums." The top 6 to 8 listings are all horse racing forums. Select one of the horse racing forums. Never deviate from this routine. If you don't deviate from this routine, you will never see another political posting. There, I've solved your problem. Nothing more to complain about.

JustRalph
03-01-2015, 12:38 PM

The majority of these ads are placed on your screen by Google, not by Pace Advantage, something that everyone at this website has understood for a long time. Yes, they're paid advertisers, here, but those aren't near as great in number as the Google ads.

When I'm here, as one of few women, I've never bought a bra based on the ad at the top of the page. I've never bought men's jockey underwear. I'm not losing hair, so the ads for men who are losing their's does nothing for me either. Too, be assured, subliminally, or overtly blatant....the Russian and Asian women offered here are not going to cause me to "cross over". They're not "getting to" me.

As far as the paid advertisers. That's none of your business. No one, again, is asking you to purchase or to be persuaded, not by past performances, software designers, or any other racing related product or entity.

Common sense is a wise and good thing, and its worthwhile, always, to exercise it--as opposed to paranoia--which can be consuming. Though, in this case, its plain silly. You should've gone quietly if you felt it necessary for you. Your use of the word propaganda, here, is juvenile, insulting and wrong. :ThmbDown:

Love it! :ThmbUp:

You're the best......

banacek
03-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Grits said it perfectly. Thank you G.

In my opinion, CapperAl is either looking for attention OR he doesn't know how to navigate the site. So I'll help. Log on to paceadvantage.com. You're now at the home page. Immediately click on "forums." The top 6 to 8 listings are all horse racing forums. Select one of the horse racing forums. Never deviate from this routine. If you don't deviate from this routine, you will never see another political posting. There, I've solved your problem. Nothing more to complain about.

There used to be a search for new posts only from the horse racing forums. Can't seem to find it anymore..maybe when I used Internet Explorer?

I personally try to stay away from most off the Off Topic (at least the political parts)....it is not why I come here, and I dislike it when posters put political statements on the horse racing threads but PA usually catches them pretty quickly....as well as other TOS violations (although I'm guessing he hasn't read the Illinois harness thread the last day or so yet).

If Capper Al or anyone else wants to make political comments, it is welcomed as part of the debate. But thankfully name-calling and nastiness towards other members of the site isn't tolerated by PA and the moderators.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2015, 02:07 PM

Take Care,

Capper AlHacking? Hacking my ass...prove that you hacked anything...you didn't hack jack squat...

And it doesn't matter whether you're a right wing Republican or a left wing Democrat...YOU are nothing but a classless, ignorant fool...and a liar as well.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Capper Al thinks he hacked into the site because he is posting in the horse racing section. He was never banned from the horse racing side, only banned from posting in off-topic, which I'm pretty certain I informed him about.

So the genius thinks he hacked into something because he is posting on the horse racing side, when in fact, he's always been able to post on the horse racing side...

So much for the hacker...you guys really crack me up sometimes...thanks for the comic relief... :lol:

Capper Al
03-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Capper Al thinks he hacked into the site because he is posting in the horse racing section. He was never banned from the horse racing side, only banned from posting in off-topic, which I'm pretty certain I informed him about.

So the genius thinks he hacked into something because he is posting on the horse racing side, when in fact, he's always been able to post on the horse racing side...

So much for the hacker...you guys really crack me up sometimes...thanks for the comic relief... :lol:

I get this while attempting to signing in on the home page. No, I never claimed to be a genius. Funny that your right wing buddies and you all jump in in unison.

Capper Al
03-01-2015, 04:21 PM

I will.

Capper Al
03-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Nice hearing from you Al. I think "second class citizens" is a little strong, but I do understand.

Probably so.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2015, 04:28 PM
I get this while attempting to signing in on the home page. No, I never claimed to be a genius. Funny that your right wing buddies and you all jump in in unison.As you can see by that page, you are LOGGED IN, so you are not banned from the board. Like I said, you're only banned from off-topic.

Why you get that message while attempting to sign in on the home page (which home page? The main www.paceadvantage.com page, or the main forum page), I don't know.

And that message indicated you ARE signed in...it has your user name in bold right there, and a link to LOG OUT...

In any event, keep hacking away.... :lol:

taxicab
03-01-2015, 05:17 PM

[url]Keep posting the link and I'll keep deleting it...

Tom
03-01-2015, 05:32 PM
There used to be a search for new posts only from the horse racing forums. Can't seem to find it anymore..maybe when I used Internet Explorer?

Look on the home page, on the RH side, just under the Hana block.

Capper Al
03-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Lots of good racing topics in the forum. The price of admission is being bombarded by far right posts. In some respects, not costly. Although insulting to those of us who are not far right. I have determined that standing in front of tanks is not fun. I do wish everyone well. I enjoy discussing racing and maybe I can find it in me to afford the price of admission, or maybe not. Meanwhile, off to the next race.

ArlJim78
03-02-2015, 08:12 AM
For others the price of admission is coming to the racing section and having to wade through the personal drama of those who seek attention.

Al if you can't figure out how not to bombard yourself with the ads and OT posts, or can't figure out how to use the ignore function then this might not be for you. Stop with the 'woe is me' charade. It's childish.