PDA

View Full Version : Freehold: February 21

Teach
02-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Race One:

I’m looking at today’s Freehold card from a superfecta standpoint. I’m going to feature five (5) horses in each race.

I’m going to work my way inside-out here: #1 Absolutely Michael fits here in this company; yet I must admit that a driver with a UDR below “The Mendoza Line” (baseball talk: .200) doesn’t exactly excite or inspire me. However, there is a degree of back-class and an improved starting post. In a race that is nuthin to write home about this Artsplace-bred gelding can hit the tote. #2 Youth Uprising also draws an improved starting post and the services of one of the better Freehold reinsmen, Steve Smith. Another gelding who might grace the tote. The lightly-raced #3 Sharp Escape with Jim Marshall III is a horse who might add value to a super if he can finish up a gimmick. #4 Harry’s Turn has admittedly done nothing in his seven starts this year; yet this race offers a possible wake-up call. If he pops, it would add value to your ticket. I’d take notice as to how the gelding is bet. Is he taking action? Finally, #7 Artacus. Will he or won’t he leave, only his driver and trainer know. If he leaves, he can become “a player; if he doesn’t, I don’t put as much stock in his chances.

Teach
02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Race Two:

#2 AmericasGotTalent has been “the bridesmaid” in his last two. The American Ideal-bred gelding seems to be on the threshold of a winning effort. Mind you…he’s no lead-pipe cinch. To hit the tote; yeah, that looks like a solid proposition. #3 Battleshoe Tom gets the driving services of Steve Smith (he took the opener) – that’s a plus. I mean "Smitty" in the bike. Has faced better in the past. #1 Munndutch fits nicely here. The “pylons” help. At his best, he can be part of the equation. #5 Air Force Grad could be “the sleeper”. Especially if Jim Marshall decides to take him to the top. Finally, #4 Pair A Dice is capable of mopping up a super.

Teach
02-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Race Three:

#5 Big Bambu; #6 Meat Loaf; #1 Hedges Lane; #7 Body Guard; #2 Born That Way

mrroyboy
02-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Good luck Teach. Freehold is a tough track. Many of the horses can barely get around the track.

Teach
02-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Race Four:

#1 Wayward Son looks like "the class". Eric Abbatiello, the rail, speed. As George and Ira Gershwin might have penned: "Who could ask for anything more?" #2 Dreamzz R For U looks like "a contendah" (Thanks Marlon Brando: "On The Waterfront"). It might...I repeat: "It might just be a 1-2 exacta". Then, there's #4, This Is Wyatt, with Mark Beckwith (Remember the late Berth Beckwith? Charmax?) Mark's a capable reinsman who usually plies his craft at Saratoga. Also: #5 Foolish Grin with Jim Marohn, Jr and #3 Keep Going.

Teach
02-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Race Five:

This is not a race I have much confidence in trying to handicap. Yet, I'll give it a try. #6 Russell The Muscle looks like "the logical". Yet, in these amateur races, anything can happen. I'm willing to see if I can catch lightning in a bottle, twice, with #3 Sam's Honeybee. If he hits the tote, it'll add mucho value. Others: #2 Whatnblazes; #5 Curvature Hanover and #8 Trading Places.

Teach
02-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Race Six:

#4 Misty's Delight could provide some value here. Fits in this company. Also #5 Battle Call. Yet he might be tested for class. O.K. So far, 4-5. Who else. I'm going for some value with #3 Pacific Okey Dokey. Then, there's #7 Tough Love and #2 Brickyard Wayne.

Teach
02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Race Seven:

Looking for some longshots: #7 Leg Up's a factor if Marshall leaves. Also: #1 Rancousy needed his last at Yonkers. Then, there's #5 Cheers N Beers; #4 Bobjacks Angle A; #3 Let's Foal Around.

Teach
02-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Race Eight:

#9 GotTheJobDoneMate; #6 Beat of NY; #3 Elle's Boy; #7 Bolder; #8 Kehmmywood

Teach
02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Race Nine:

#7 Whataorse may well be one of the best horses on the grounds. Yes, he's stepping up, but it wouldn't surprise me if he still prevailed in this company. Still looking for value in all the right places. Others: #3 Smart Rokker; #1 Four Starz Trace; #6 Trend Spotter, #4 Sams Treasure

Teach
02-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Race Ten:

#s: 2, 1, 4, 5, 3

Teach
02-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Race Eleven:

#s: 2,3,6,1,5

Teach
02-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Race Twelve:

#s: 3,4,1,2,6

Lose The Juice
02-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Race Four:

#1 Wayward Son looks like "the class". Eric Abbatiello, the rail, speed. As George and Ira Gershwin might have penned: "Who could ask for anything more?"

Just Ira. George wrote the music. :p