PDA

View Full Version : Fountain of Youth Stakes: Upstart or Bluegrass Singer?

NarrowRator
02-20-2015, 06:36 AM
SELECTIONS:
1ST CHOICE – #7 UPSTART
2ND CHOICE – #2 BLUEGRASS SINGER
3RD CHOICE – #6 FROSTED
4TH CHOICE – #4 GORGEOUS BIRD

#7 UPSTART (Flatter x Party Silks)
Ran well in the Holy Bulls Stakes winning by 5 ½ lengths over our 3rd choice. His competition hasn’t gotten any tougher, its still the same for this race. So with a clean break and a safe trip, he should get the job done again.

#2 BLUEGRASS SINGER (Bluegrass Cat x Aquilera)
His effort in the Holy Bull Stakes is one I suppose the trainer will learn from. He was too early in the pace and it cost him the race. I suspect the tactics will be different for this race. If allowed to settle behind the early fractions, he might be good enough to beat this field.

#6 FROSTED (Tapit x Fast Cookie)
Ran on last time out after being bumped at the start, looking for a bit more grounds. He’s the type of horse who wants to go further and I wouldn't be surprise if he comes running late again. He will be thereabout when this race is being decided.

#4 GORGEOUS BIRD (Unbridled’s Song x Elusive Bird)
4th choice and longshot to watch. Exacta consideration

EXOTIC WAGERS:
$1 Exacta: 2,6,7 / 2,4,6,7,8.
$1 Exacta: 4 / 2,6,7,8.

letswastemoney
02-20-2015, 02:22 PM
I doubt Bluegrass Singer rates. Paco Lopez will let this horse free early and take them as far as he can.

Stoleitbreezing
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I doubt Bluegrass Singer rates. Paco Lopez will let this horse free early and take them as far as he can.

Agree, Bluegrass Singer gives me the one dimensional frontrunner vibe to me. His inside post also suggests he's on the engine again. I think he takes to the top of the stretch then fades. Maybe a Grade 3 horse down the road.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Upstart supremely outclasses this field, and Frosted looks to be a clear 2nd.

Will be interested to see what Itsaknockout has, and if I do wager on this race I may throw a WP ticket on the bomb in :3: Frammento. Johnny V hops on board and they add blinkers. I might need 40/1 or better to bet him though. :D

letswastemoney
02-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Both Upstart and Itsaknockout ran well.

Bluegrass Singer just isn't in their league. There was nothing wrong with being sent to the lead.

I don't even think Frosted belongs in the Derby either. He's too slow.