PDA

View Full Version : The "Great win" Thread.

Stillriledup
02-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Opposite of the bad beat thread, you can come here and praise the racing gods if you so choose.

Just had a great win at Penn National, i bet on this Golden Gate shipper trained by Potts and his gate opened late, but he won anyway..and they made the race official and didn't refund his bets. They did refund another horse so i didn't get 3-1 like i thought i was going to get, but i'm feeling fortunate that i got the winner and didn't have to accept a refund.

Thank you racing gods. :D

tanner12oz
02-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Opposite of the bad beat thread, you can come here and praise the racing gods if you so choose.

Just had a great win at Penn National, i bet on this Golden Gate shipper trained by Potts and his gate opened late, but he won anyway..and they made the race official and didn't refund his bets. They did refund another horse so i didn't get 3-1 like i thought i was going to get, but i'm feeling fortunate that i got the winner and didn't have to accept a refund.

Thank you racing gods. :D

blame beating zenyatta..another foot and I'm tearing up a ticket instead of signing. Feel like a got lucky there.

letswastemoney
02-18-2015, 09:18 PM
When Caroline Thomas ran second in a turf stakes one time, I thought I lost, but they DQd some other filly ... Nellie Cashman. I don't remember the name of the stakes race.

Augenj
02-18-2015, 09:27 PM
This was bad news/good news at Hollywood a long time ago. The favorite with Pincay up broke down on the far turn and my 15/1 and 20/1 $5 Exacta box went on to win by about 15 lengths on the rest of the field in a photo finish. $1,327.50 was the payoff that I'll never forget for a $10 bet. Still feel bad about the favorite.

PhantomOnTour
02-18-2015, 11:28 PM
When Caroline Thomas ran second in a turf stakes one time, I thought I lost, but they DQd some other filly ... Nellie Cashman. I don't remember the name of the stakes race.
I was the beneficiary of the same DQ

MAY 21, 2005
The racing Gods smiled upon me, my brother, my father, Jeremy Rose, and Afleet Alex...wow.
Both rider and jockey managed to right themselves after a near catastrophe entering the lane & went on to a tremendous win in the Preakness.
We hit the tri for over $850, and it is still the greatest sporting event I have ever attended live.

thespaah
02-18-2015, 11:45 PM
I benefitted from the DQ of the "Hooded Monster"(. My friend calledGate Dancer by that moniker... in the '84 BC Classic...
Accidentally bet Cannon Shell in the 1985 True North which was run Belmont Stakes day...Yeah went to OTB and didn't check my ticket...Letters back then instead of numbers. Boy was I pissed. Anyway, the mistake was my good fortune. Cannon Shell won at double digits.

overthehill
02-19-2015, 01:07 AM
My best put up came about 30 years ago. I made a bet in new york on some shipper in a stake race that went off at 15-1. the horse ran second beaten 6 lengths by the chalk , but jose amy the rider of the horse who ran 4th claimed foul and surprisingly they took the horse down, and put my horse up. I guess the story when i think about it has bittersweet ending because i bet with a bookie and he eventually skipped out on me so i never did collect most of my winnings on that wager.

Stillriledup
02-19-2015, 01:17 AM
I benefitted from the DQ of the "Hooded Monster"(. My friend calledGate Dancer by that moniker... in the '84 BC Classic...
Accidentally bet Cannon Shell in the 1985 True North which was run Belmont Stakes day...Yeah went to OTB and didn't check my ticket...Letters back then instead of numbers. Boy was I pissed. Anyway, the mistake was my good fortune. Cannon Shell won at double digits.

I had a situation a long time ago when simulcasting was very new, there were no SAM machines that i remember, so you had to bet with a live teller...i put some advance bets in and left the track, later that night, i was reviewing all my losers and noticed that i had a stack of tickets from some track that i know i didn't ever intend to play.....i knew immediately that i had tickets that i didn't know the results from....needless to say, all those tickets were winners, win bets, exactas and whatnut...everything won...i had the "right race" but the wrong track lol...and i made a decent hit..i remember it like this was yesterday, so much fun to find money like that.

appistappis
02-19-2015, 02:35 AM
Years ago I liked a horse at woodbine in a 14 horse race, he was the 14..a dead front runner. I was feeling like crap at work so I left early, stopped at greenwood and bet 48bucks 14/3/all 14/all/3 14/7/all 14/all/7 and went home. Next morning at work around 11 I remember I had the bet on and check the Toronto sun. My front runner blew the break at 14-1 circled the field and beats a 114-1 shot on the wire. The 3 runs third and the tri comes back $23,000 and change. Had to hide that from the wife for two years.

Track Phantom
02-19-2015, 04:42 AM
15 years ago at Canterbury and I was betting a race at Ruidoso Downs on their All-American Day. It was one of their consolation races for horses that just missed getting into the big race. There was a 2-5 shot that looked absolutely unbeatable.

I put a silly bet (as I often did then) on him. $40 to win and $100 to show. I sat down at my table and noticed I had bet it on the #6 (instead of the #5). The 6 was 17-1. I ran up to the window and asked a guy if I could jump in front of him and he allowed me to. I handed the teller my tickets and asked him to cancel.

Not in time.

Shit.

I went back to my table and the race had already run. They were showing the 6 on the gallop out. Huh?!?! Are you shitting me??!!?

To make matters more interesting, the #5 was in a super close photo for 3rd. He won the photo. There was a serious bridge jumper in the race. I won about $900 but figured it might have been 3x that if the favorite had run off the board.

Either way, I was NOT complaining :)

Stillriledup
02-21-2015, 02:37 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105711&highlight=nellie+cashman