PDA

View Full Version : Bush: new boss same as the old boss

DJofSD
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/02/18/jeb-bush-considers-himself-lucky-to-have-family-that-shaped-americas-foreign-policy-from-the-oval-office/

The GOP's circle jerk club.

Clocker
02-18-2015, 12:41 PM
They say that generals are also fighting the last war. The same problem applies to high level politicians. "W" had too many people from his father's administration, particularly in defense and foreign policy areas, who were still fighting the 1st Gulf War. Like Cheney and Rumsfeld.

A particularly toxic name in that list is Paul Wolfowitz. He was Director of Policy Planning under Reagan, Under Secy of Defense under Bush I, and Deputy Secy of Defense under "W". He was a strong hawk, and probably the major architect of W's Iraq policy.

TJDave
02-18-2015, 12:50 PM
The GOP's circle jerk club.

Get used to it. The republican nomination has been bought and paid for.

Tom
02-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Like Obama?

TJDave
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Like Obama?

Is he running for something?

Tom
02-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Did he ever stop?

TJDave
02-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Did he ever stop?

You're asking the wrong person. I stopped listening to him after his 1st inaugural address. Seriously. He means nothing to me. Don't like him, don't dislike him, don't care.

Marshall Bennett
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
He's a wonderful speaker. It's a shame his substance is 95% bullshit.
I give hm little credit for anything else.
He's a dangerous man with too much power. He's reckless.
End of story. :)

HUSKER55
02-18-2015, 05:26 PM
to be fair Bill is the democrats circle jerk.....man in the middle.

But ya all knew that...right?

acorn54
02-19-2015, 09:28 AM
You're asking the wrong person. I stopped listening to him after his 1st inaugural address. Seriously. He means nothing to me. Don't like him, don't dislike him, don't care.
i think this is the attutude about politics among the people that know needing government is not a healthy way to live life
reagan said the words people fear the most are;"we are from the government, and we are here to help you", still stand true today.

MutuelClerk
02-19-2015, 09:34 AM
It amazes me people defend these political parties. BOTH are bought and paid for and ruining this country. Divide and conquer has never been done better. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DJofSD
02-19-2015, 09:41 AM
The government that governs best, governs the least -- or words to that affect.

acorn54
02-19-2015, 02:50 PM
It amazes me people defend these political parties. BOTH are bought and paid for and ruining this country. Divide and conquer has never been done better. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yes unfortunately this is true. i think it began TO ESCALATE in the post eisenhower years. money was ALWAYS a factor to some magnitude but years ago it took off like a runaway frieght train. i am sure you know the speech where eisenhower said that a threat looming on the american landscape is the military industrial complex.
nowadays politics only benefits the very poor with all the social services, AND the well-connected with their lobbyists and government contracts.