PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gary Stevens

lamboguy
02-14-2015, 07:47 PM
i just heard he got his 5000th win yesterday. unlike home run hitting stars like Dave Kingman, Harmon Kilebrew and Sammy Sosa,,,,Stevens got some big wins in his career and when the money was down he delivered

mannyberrios
02-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Congratulations, Gary

Stillriledup
04-09-2016, 05:11 PM
I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be but what was Gary doing in the 5th at SA, he appeared to have stopped riding costing his fans 4th place. Pretty sure there was super betting on the race, but id have to check that.

cj
04-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be but what was Gary doing in the 5th at SA, he appeared to have stopped riding costing his fans 4th place. Pretty sure there was super betting on the race, but id have to check that.

We get it, you've said the same thing a million times. I agree jocks should ride to the wire, but posting it repeatedly here does nothing. Trying calling or writing the stewards and the racing commissions.

Stillriledup
04-09-2016, 05:35 PM
We get it, you've said the same thing a million times. I agree jocks should ride to the wire, but posting it repeatedly here does nothing. Trying calling or writing the stewards and the racing commissions.

I think we gotta keep calling them out. Plenty of journalists and racing people read these boards, there's no sense calling racing commissions because its Gary Stevens nobody will do anything about it except laugh in the gamblers faces.

cj
04-09-2016, 06:26 PM
I think we gotta keep calling them out. Plenty of journalists and racing people read these boards, there's no sense calling racing commissions because its Gary Stevens nobody will do anything about it except laugh in the gamblers faces.

You're kidding yourself if you think any journalist in racing is going to take up the "ride 'em out" crusade. What journalist takes up any cause in this sport these days? All we have left are reporters, not journalists.

Stillriledup
04-09-2016, 06:33 PM
You're kidding yourself if you think any journalist in racing is going to take up the "ride 'em out" crusade. What journalist takes up any cause in this sport these days? All we have left are reporters, not journalists.

Only gamblers care, the industry doesn't. The best I can do is make them read it, next time they want a quote from Gary they can look into his eyes and know he doesn't ride em out. :D

You're right though, no 'journalist' taking up any cause that might benefit the players.

Grits
04-09-2016, 06:36 PM
We don't have journalists and a precious few reporters.

We only have bloggers. They're our gold standard now. :rolleyes:

Tom
04-09-2016, 06:53 PM
We got Joe Drape. :rolleyes:

reckless
04-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Isn't Jay Privman a journalist? ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Well on the air today he asked Doug O'Neill how he felt about I'll Have Another --egads-- winning the Derby... he then asked how is Nyquist doing? Imagine if O'Neill said oh he broke down an hour ago... the oblivious Privman would then ask: so do you think the mud will hurt your chances today in the Santa Anita Derby with Denman's Call? :lol:

Does anyone ever recall reading a Privman piece on any of O'Neill's suspensions and violations? Or, has anyone recalled Privman writing anything negative on Todd Pletcher?

I guess we missed all this from Privman and the rest of them but wasn't American Pharoah just wonderful last year? And didja know that Baffert and Jill and the boys will visit him at the farm in Kentucky next month :jump: They can't wait to see him too. We know this thanks to that new blonde chickee poo 'journalist'. Wow, she really nailed Baffert on that one too. Help!!

There are no journalists anymore, plain and simple. Not on TV... not in the newspapers... not in the sports world, not in political writing, none whatsoever. :(

castaway01
04-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Isn't Jay Privman a journalist? ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Well on the air today he asked Doug O'Neill how he felt about I'll Have Another --egads-- winning the Derby... he then asked how is Nyquist doing? Imagine if O'Neill said oh he broke down an hour ago... the oblivious Privman would then ask: so do you think the mud will hurt your chances today in the Santa Anita Derby with Denman's Call? :lol:

Does anyone ever recall reading a Privman piece on any of O'Neill's suspensions and violations? Or, has anyone recalled Privman writing anything negative on Todd Pletcher?

I guess we missed all this from Privman and the rest of them but wasn't American Pharoah just wonderful last year? And didja know that Baffert and Jill and the boys will visit him at the farm in Kentucky next month :jump: They can't wait to see him too. We know this thanks to that new blonde chickee poo 'journalist'. Wow, she really nailed Baffert on that one too. Help!!

There are no journalists anymore, plain and simple. Not on TV... not in the newspapers... not in the sports world, not in political writing, none whatsoever. :(

Only on the Internet could we go from someone congratulating Gary Stevens on 5000 wins to how someone asking a trainer a soft question means there are no journalists anywhere in any field anymore.

cj
04-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Only gamblers care, the industry doesn't. The best I can do is make them read it, next time they want a quote from Gary they can look into his eyes and know he doesn't ride em out. :D

You're right though, no 'journalist' taking up any cause that might benefit the players.

But that is my point. Enough of it here. If you want them to read your comments, contact them directly, not via PA.

reckless
04-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Only on the Internet could we go from someone congratulating Gary Stevens on 5000 wins to how someone asking a trainer a soft question means there are no journalists anywhere in any field anymore.

What have you been watching or reading these past 10-15 years? That's all we get in the media these days. There aren't any journalists, period.

The racing media only asks softball questions and those horribly silly and obvious questions. It is even worse in the major media sports. What about all those court-side faux reporters at the NCAA tourney games. You recall the kind: 'Coach, your team shot 4-for-61... what do you say to the team ...I mean they must feel just horrible'... Ughhh!!

If Jay Privman asked Doug O'Neill this question on TV before the Kentucky Derby -- "Doug, if Nyquist wins your second Derby do you think all your many, many, many prior suspensions for drug violations will taint this remarkable training achievement?" -- it would be Privman that gets roasted, and probably fired for asking such a question.

The nerve of him. Why does he knock racing, people will say, when he earns a living in the sport? Privman, not the cheating O'Neill, will become the story, sad to say.

Very little will be said, addressed or discussed about O'Neill and his numerous transgressions. Oh, there might be some navals contemplated about the 'role' of the media, but that's about it, if that. And then it's right back to.... wasn't American Pharoah just great, the entire country loved him... and how about California Chrome, the rags to riches ... :lol: :lol:

So, what we all get nowadays are silly, horrible, softball questions. We're fed lots of pablum for sure.

And that's not only on the internet nor because of it, either.

Tom
04-10-2016, 09:04 AM
And that's not only on the internet nor because of it, either.

Two words you - New York Times. :bang: