PaceAdvantage
01-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Check out the home page (http://www.paceadvantage.com) for details.....:eek:

cj
01-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Can you bet on who will win?

Observer
01-11-2002, 12:56 AM
It never ceases to happen ... every year when the finalists and winners are announced for the Eclipse Awards ... there is always something that truly leaves me bewildered.

This time, I'd have to say the biggest surprise is Johannesburg being a Horse of the Year finalist. I mean seriously, this horse came over from Europe to beat a field of unproven 2yos. The only one who had accomplished anything major has turned into a big flop (Officer). So, based on this one race .. he is Horse of the Year material?? HOW??!! Do the European races count?? If not, can I take a horse, race him (cuz "they" wouldn't allow it with a filly) just once, winning a Breeders' Cup race, and expect to be Horse of the Year?? Of course, it would either have to be the Classic or Juvenile, because turf horses and sprinters aren't taken seriously either.

Let's face it .. Tiznow earned his ticket onto the Horse of the Year ballot with his win in the BC Classic. And now Johannesburg?! At least Tiznow had two wins early this year .. but most people have forgotten those because they happened so early in the year.

Would someone please explain to me what I'm missing here? Oh, and while you're at it, explain too how the NTRA polls can have movement in the rankings when none of the horses raced in the time between the previous poll to the current poll. These are some of the same people who are voting for the year-end honors!
:confused: