PDA

View Full Version : Big M 2/14

mrroyboy
02-14-2015, 03:47 PM
I have good news and bad news for tonight. The good news is I have a bunch for tonight. The bad news is I have a bunch for tonight. High winds and cold tonight so anything can happen.

Race 2 No :1: Rockeyed Optimist ML 3-5 No value at all but looks unbeatable. Exotics key???

Race 4 No :3: Midnight Lightning ML 6-1 Switch to Callahan might be the difference.

Race 5 No :4: You bet your glass. ML 5-2 Looks like big class edge.

Race 6 No :6: Rock Out ML 7-2 Horse has good speed and other stuff going for it.

Race 7 No :8: Dreamlands Art ML 6-1 Value bet for tonight and Pandy likes him too.

Race 9 No :1: Maxi Bon ML 3-1 Follow up bet from my watch list.

Race 11 No :4: JK Patriot ML 3-1 Best Bet. Another from my watch list.

That's it thank god!!!
Good luck to all of us.

dirt
02-14-2015, 07:15 PM
hope you don't mind if i add a few

race 1 dd 3-7-10/ 1

race 3 1

race 4 1

race 8 4

Stillriledup
02-14-2015, 07:24 PM
LOL nice drive on the 6 in the first race at M1, the guy moved out of the way on the 6.....awesome. He "pretended" like he was rocking, whipping and driving, but if he just sits there in his path with no urging, he finishes 2nd. Not sure why you would alter your horse out a path to cost yourself a board spot.

This stuff is why harness racing has a bad reputation.

coachv30
02-14-2015, 08:51 PM
Race 6

7,8 / 5,6,7,8,9

badcompany
02-15-2015, 11:15 AM
LOL nice drive on the 6 in the first race at M1, the guy moved out of the way on the 6.....awesome. He "pretended" like he was rocking, whipping and driving, but if he just sits there in his path with no urging, he finishes 2nd. Not sure why you would alter your horse out a path to cost yourself a board spot.

This stuff is why harness racing has a bad reputation.

The response you would get is that horses aren't like cars that you can steer any way you want.

To be fair, Gingras looked like he was trying to keep the fav boxed in, but the 2nd over horse came on, which put Gingras in a position where he had to confront that horse, allowing space to the inside horse.

My criticism would be of the winner, who sat the pocket at 1/5 and was lucky to get out. IMO, he should've made another move to the lead. He had a ton of horse.

LottaKash
02-15-2015, 11:37 AM
My criticism would be of the winner, who sat the pocket at 1/5 and was lucky to get out. IMO, he should've made another move to the lead. He had a ton of horse.

On very cold nites at the BigM, I see no reason not to try and keep cover, rather than breath in all that cold air while uncovered.... Sucking in cold air is a relevant factor, and any driver would agree with that, I think..

Given that, I saw nothing extraordinary here...jmo..

I stopped second guessing drivers long ago, as if I knew and could do better... :D

badcompany
02-15-2015, 11:58 AM
On very cold nites at the BigM, I see no reason not to try and keep cover, rather than breath in all that cold air while uncovered.... Sucking in cold air is a relevant factor, and any driver would agree with that, I think..

Given that, I saw nothing extraordinary here...jmo..

I stopped second guessing drivers long ago, as if I knew and could do better... :D

Normally, I would agree, but the horse was 1/5. He is supposed to be tons the best. Drive that way.

mrroyboy
02-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Horses drift out when they are tired which often opens the rail. Maybe the 1-5 shot should have been driven more aggressively but pocket trips are the ideal trips.

badcompany
02-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Horses drift out when they are tired which often opens the rail. Maybe the 1-5 shot should have been driven more aggressively but pocket trips are the ideal trips.

Unless the first over horse goes by. That's the most common way to stiff a fav, sit in the pocket behind a longshot, and then get shuffled out.

cmp92
02-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Unless the first over horse goes by. That's the most common way to stiff a fav, sit in the pocket behind a longshot, and then get shuffled out.
Right. The second quarter was something like 29:3. The guy was begging him to come out. Very risky move sitting in. Without the passing lane, you take a big risk on whether you can get out or not. Even then, some horses are reluctant to squeeze through on the inside. Very rarely do you see a horse shoot up the inside, late in the race, with that much speed.