PDA

View Full Version : Just wanting to say , Thanks

pktruckdriver
02-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Hello everyone

I want to begin with saying how very ,very thankful I am for everyone who helped me last November, I am still touched deeply by the support.

I feel an update is the least I can do, as I am back on the road again.

I went back for many follow-up appointments and a few tests, and I was told that , maybe just maybe , the medicine may have worked and if so, then further surgery will not be needed, guess only time will tell. Also they say that it could also stop functioning, this scenario could go either way, requiring surgery or not. They said the pain would dictate whether it does not recover, as well as a few other issues. Let us hope it is healed and recovering, I like this scenario best.

I am now under insurance from Obama Care, thanks to you guys, though it still will not cover any Weight Loss Surgeries, even though it was an existing condition, guess the Insurance Companies still have some power still.

As for my weight issue, I wish I could say I have it under control, but honestly I do not. Drinking more water, yeah this could be said, but still drinking my French Vanilla Coffee, and a Pepsi Max once in a while, sad I know. Portion Control, sorta of lately because of the experience I just went through, but this is one area I never had real issue's with was over eating, as much as what I ate. Exercise is still tough due to my current physical condition, so much so that I think I may need Aqutaic Therapy to prevent and many injury to myself , like my knee's , the bone spurs in my feet, and my back isssue's, all things related to my weight, not something I am proud of, as many have told me for years to get it together and of course I never did, WHY BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN CONTROL, IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS. This is not an excuse, just that I may have better luck actually hitting the Derby Superfecta, than finally getting complete control of my weight issue, without surgery, that is, and this an area I have tried many different diet's and Fad's, all of which failed, but let me state that I am not just rolling over and giving up, I am still hoping that one day I wake up and wham it clicks and the weight start coming off and life gets better. But with my current Insurance I am trying to see what I can do with it, like my back and knee's , as well as my bone spurs and other issue's, but first I must work for awhile , as always , I have lived paycheck to paycheck, and right now a few paychecks would be nice and the Doc's have said it was ok, so I am back on the road again.

As always I went in to much detail, and made this quick response more than it should be, but again thank you everyone. Maybe I will see some of you on my travels, and personal handshake would be nice.

Patrick

PS: As for the Family who got me from the hospital in Arizona, I wish to again say a huge THANK YOU, I lost your contact info, But I am so thankful to you and your family, and Dave and Larry, as well as Mike, Bossman, too.

sammy the sage
02-12-2015, 07:02 PM
For you Patrick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mckg0

lamboguy
02-12-2015, 07:04 PM
its nice to hear from you again, we are all glad that you are feeling better.

as far as weight loss goes, there is nothing in life that is easy. having a surgery might be the easy step to take weight off fast but it is no substitute for getting on a good eating plan and taking your weight off slowly but surely.

i suggest you start drinking a lot of water and stay away from anything that has white flour in it, and eat hardly any sugars and fats.

Robert Fischer
02-12-2015, 07:05 PM
You are the man Patrick. Glad to hear from you again.

CryingForTheHorses
02-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Patrick,I look at dying this way...Billions of people have done it,It cant be that bad...Glad your still here with us as it was a pleasure and a honor knowing I was one of them members.My wife always tells me...Tom your feeding them dogs too much..My response to her...Aww they only live once...Live your life my friend,You cant stop what the lord has planned !! ,If you feel like you need that coffee or pepsi max,Indulge,just a little for who knows what tomorrow brings..Nice to hear from you and God Bless you !

Greyfox
02-13-2015, 11:16 AM
my weight, not something I am proud of, as many have told me for years to get it together and of course I never did, WHY BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN CONTROL, IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS.

Patrick I'm really happy for you that things are going better in your life and you are making improvements.

Having said that, I suspect that people will jump on me here, but I for one do not believe that your weight is something that you can't learn to control. Yes YOU Can!
Yes. You've got hundreds of pounds to lose.
For some, due to their metabolism, losing weight is a very slow process.
But with determination it can be done.
That's really tough. I understand that. I get it.
I'm from the school of taking Personal Responsibility for our lives as much as we can.
You are the author of your own circumstances to a point.
If you want a better future, YOU are the one WHO HAS TO AUTHOR THAT DESTINY.
As long as you believe that you have no control over it, you won't.
But I'm not buying.
Someone along the way has to convince you that you have a responsibility here to yourself and those who love you.
(Of course, if you've convinced yourself your unlovable that's an obstacle to be worked on too.)

Greyfox

Tom
02-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Patrick,

Glad you are doing better. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
02-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Good to know that you're on the road again Patrick.
Keep up the good fight. :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
02-13-2015, 01:00 PM
IWHY BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN CONTROL, IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS. This is not an excuse, .

Patrick, I am both relieved and happy that you are back on the road again...

But, about you weight gain, you may be depleted in the hormones that are necessary to your metabolism, as well as your overall health and well being...

As we all know, the Thyroid Gland is highly responsible in regulating our metabolic process, so I sincerely hope that you may interested enough to explore other possibilities about your ongoing weight gain and loss enigma...

Iodine deficiency just may well be the key here in your instance....Hey, I am in no way medically trained, but I, from my own experiences with doctors, that many doctors today aren't that good at it either...We live in a "pill" oriented culture for sure, and many of today's doctors are either or both ignorant or arrogant enough to not believe that there are still many other ways to deal with the human body and it's condition, other than to gives us Chemicals and hope for the best....

Iodine, is a natural way to defend the Thyroid against an "over radiated body"....And, I suggest that anyone that is, or has been taking radiation for any reason, be it an everyday X-ray, or CT scans, or Nuclear testing, take Iodine supplements before and during those life changing radiation doses...

Below, I have provided a link about this subject....And sure, they are trying to sell you something, but the truth be known, "the Science" is there all the same, for all who may take it to heart and explore the subject of "Iodine Deficiency" and what it does to the body, even a little further...Hey, it's a start... :)
==============================
http://www.1-thyroid.com/index.php

Here is an excerpt or two from that website....I recommend you read all of the little cameos that are contained in the menus too....Hey, the more you know, right ?...

xcerpts:---Here's a dirty little secret most doctors won’t discuss. When a medical test is done, any result within a wide range is deemed normal. The thyroid could be barely functioning at 30% efficiency, but tests will say that’s fine. .

Well, it’s not fine. And you have the problems to prove it.

Keep complaining, and you’ll probably be told to go on yet another diet and hit the gym more often. The same things you’ve been trying over and over again – with the same yo-yo, short-term “success” at best. Since the tests were "normal" the thing that could help you most won't be given : The actual thyroid hormone.

--So what does the thyroid do?
The thyroid gland manufactures four different basic compounds, only one of which is the active thyroid hormone. This hormone, called T4, or thyroxin, travels to all parts of your body and affects every one of your trillion or so cells.

But your thyroid cannot make any thyroid hormone unless sufficient levels of iodine are present. You can have the healthiest thyroid in the world, but if your body is starved of iodine, it will be impossible for your thyroid gland to make the necessary thyroid hormones.

Or if you are continuously exposed to iodine leeching agents like fluoride, chlorine or bromine, then your thyroid will not work. Fluoride is in the water supply. Chlorine is found in thousands of chemicals and swimming pools. Bromine is present as a food additive in wheat products like pasta.

Fluoride, chlorine and bromine displace iodine from the body. It is simple chemistry that these other chemicals (called halides) kick out iodine from chemical reactions leaving your body devoid of iodine.

--Without iodine your thyroid gland becomes useless
The thyroid controls many body functions. One of the primary functions of the thyroid is metabolism regulation. It does this by affecting the mitochondria inside cells. The more thyroid hormone that circulates, the more your metabolism increases. Your metabolic rate determines whether you gain or lose weight.

Think of your body as an engine. Metabolic activity generates heat. The higher your metabolic rate, the warmer your engine. Too much activity leads to overheating. Too little activity leads to a cold engine.

============
Patrick, you are in my prayers, and I am rooting for
you !... :jump: :jump: :jump:

P.S.....A famous Research Dr, I forget his name offhand at the moment, stated from his research that "95% of all disease in the human body, is related or caused by a "Mineral Deficiency"....Food for thought anyway

castaway01
02-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Patrick, glad you are still out there...hope you will be able to lose that weight and get your health back.

LottaKash, do you really think that during the whole hospitalization they didn't run any blood tests that would have pointed out any deficiencies Patrick has in that area? Perhaps speculating from your laptop about causes of Patrick's weight issues isn't really useful to someone who has had a million tests done and likely knows more than he even wants to about his ailments? Just a thought.

thaskalos
02-13-2015, 02:10 PM
We reboot our computer, we reboot our phone...and we sometimes need to reboot our LIFE, Patrick. I, and millions of other people, have done it...and you can do it too...if you'd dare to make it your life's top priority. Don't try to do too much too soon...take it a day at a time...and strive for progress instead of for perfection. In business, we break big projects down to small steps...and, in the same way, we can break a lifetime down to days and hours. Do the right thing for an hour...and you'll see that you can do it for a day. And then you'll realize that an entire life is nothing but a number of days strung together.

It ain't easy...but, ultimately, satisfaction doesn't come from accomplishing easy things. It boils down to whether or not you've really had enough...

When it comes right down to it...we are all made of the same stuff. If one of us can do it...then all of us can.

--------------------------------
"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse"
-- (Don Juan in Tales of Power , Carlos Castaneda)
---------------------------------------------------------------
"I learned that all life games can be played either in the spirit of the Warrior or in the spirit of the slave. A Warrior is the master of his fate. No matter what fate throws at him, fame or infamy, health or sickness, poverty or riches, he uses his situation for his own inner development. He takes his motto from Nietzsche: That which does not destroy me strengthens me.

The slave, on the other hand, is completely at the mercy of external events. If fortune smiles on him, he struts and boasts and attributes her favors to his own power and wisdom. But if fortune frowns, he whines and weeps and grovels, putting the blame on everything and everybody except himself."
-- (Robert de Ropp in Warrior's Way )

LottaKash
02-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Patrick, glad you are still out there...hope you will be able to lose that weight and get your health back.

LottaKash, do you really think that during the whole hospitalization they didn't run any blood tests that would have pointed out any deficiencies Patrick has in that area? Perhaps speculating from your laptop about causes of Patrick's weight issues isn't really useful to someone who has had a million tests done and likely knows more than he even wants to about his ailments? Just a thought.

Didn't you read what the Dr. said about Thyroid tests and Iodine Deficiency ?... I suspect you haven't, is all...Just a thought...

Dave Schwartz
02-13-2015, 04:38 PM
It is good to see you back.

Thank you for the kind words. Many people here contributed to your cause because they see you as very worth it.

We're all rooting for you.

Dave

LAP_520
02-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Welcome back Patrick !

JimG
02-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Patrick,

Hope you continue to feel better.

Jim

HuggingTheRail
02-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Patrick, it is great to hear from you. Best wishes and prayers on your journey to a full recovery and life of healthiness. One key is to take things one step at a time - as much as you want to be fully better now, with diet under control, etc - it is going to take some time.... be patient with yourself.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Patrick, glad to read your update, and glad we could all help you get out of that jam...take care of yourself! And don't scare us like that again!!!