PDA

View Full Version : No Preakness at BRISBET.COM

BETKING
05-14-2004, 06:59 PM
I just got a notice from Brisbet.com that the MAGNA Corp. has forbid all betting from Brisbet on the Preakness. I don't understand what they are trying to accomplish with this move. They are forcing all online betters to bet their tracks over seas. This way they will not get even a nickel of the revenue. I am not sure what tracks that MAGNA controls. If you have a list, please post it.

Thanks,

BETKING

BillW
05-14-2004, 07:02 PM
I can wing it ...

Lone Star
GulfStream
Santa Anita
Maryland
Thistledowns
Remington
Great Lakes

I'm sure I missed a few.

These have all been locked out from Brisbet from beginning of the year. (Lone Star from beginning in Tx.)

Bill

cj
05-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Here are the ones I see on the Magna site

Bay Meadows
Flamboro Downs
Golden Gate
Great Lakes
Gulfstream
Laurel
Lone Star
Pimlico
Portland Meadows
Remington
Santa Anita
Thistledown

Harness
The Meadows

Dogs
Multnomah Park

Zman179
05-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Quite interesting in regards to how Magna has decided to drop it's online exclusivity in regards to Thistledown so that all online wagerers can bet on the full 7&7 program.

How bloody sweet of them.

Buddha
05-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Zman179
Quite interesting in regards to how Magna has decided to drop it's online exclusivity in regards to Thistledown so that all online wagerers can bet on the full 7&7 program.

How bloody sweet of them.

yes, quite generous. now we can bet on a full 7 races a day from magna from a little track in ohio :) yippie. let me go get all my money ready to wager on thistle

sq764
05-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Apparently, I have been living under a rock for the past week.. I went into Youbet.com this morning and put in $100 for the Preakness.. Only to find out you can't freaking bet it.

Ahh, the utter convenience of home wagering..