PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Race One:

Teach
02-12-2015, 12:25 PM
3 St. Mattys Day looks like a contender here. Yet, I’m not so sure this Matt’s Scooter-bred colt can get all the enchiladas. To hit the board: Yeah. Sure. Logical. Likelihood. $2.10. But he’s no lead-pipe cinch. No way! Chris Lems is capable, but I’m always nervous about a driver with a UDR below .200. Question: Can he last? Others. Who else. Not enamored with the “inside” horses. Then, whodoyoulike? The lightly-raced 6 Wildcat Ideal. Eric Abbatiello. An impressive qualifier – impressive for this field – after a two-month layoff. Might just be in play. I would not ignore. Watch the board. Another possibility: 8 Major In Life. Yes, outside post. Yet, a horse with an early turn o’ foot. He showed that at The Meadowlands. Capable of doing a 2:01 and change or 2:02 here. In a race devoid of early speed, could this Life Sign-bred colt be out and going – at a price? “Smitty’s” good off the gate. Then, 7 Union League. The only pari-mutuel winner in the race. Tough post. But it wouldn’t take much. Vinny Ginsburg of the Fusco-Ginsburg clan. He should be closing in the stretch. In this nondescript field, as good a chance as any to be part of an exotic.

Teach
02-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Race Two:

It looks like an "inside" job, here. I'm cautiously leaning toward the pylons horse, 1 McGenius. Mark Sheridan owns, trains and drives. A solid time at Philly last May. Anything resembling that... I repeat anything resembling that albeit on a 5/8ths puts this horse in the mix. Then, #3 Classic Actor, #4 Gorilla Monsoon. Don't overlook the #7 Deal Him In.

Teach
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Race Three:

#2 AllStar Survivor looks like the stick-out. Stay flat. No "break-dance". Others: #3 Bryan's Angel; #4 High Flying; and #5 Battleshoe Crown.

Teach
02-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Race Three:

#2 AllStar Survivor.

Teach
02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Race Four:

#3 Major Secret with Joe Bongiorno looks like the horse...anything resembling his last effort. Others: 5# Iron Train has a good deal of back-class. Then, there's #2 Grenloch. #8 Real Mystical might complete a gimmick.

Teach
02-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Race Five:

#2 Superbo Hanover might just spring the upset. Yes, I'm lookin' for value in all the right places. The gelding does draw a better starting post. If he gets the trip from Joe Hanney, he could surprise. Then there's #5 Honey's Dragon. In a race devoid of early speed, this horse might just provide it. Eric Abbatiello in the sulky is an added plus. Carmine's son has been riding very well at the Freehold oval; he's taken over the mantle from the Hall-of-Famer, Cat Manzi. If this horse can get to an early lead without too much effort... Then, there's #4 King's Point. The switch to Steve Smith is a big plus. Should not be ignored. #7 A Place In History might just pick up the pieces in an exotic.

Teach
02-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Race Six:

Inside Horses: #s: 4, 1, 2, 3.

Teach
02-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Race Seven:

#s: 1, 6, 4, 3.

Teach
02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Race Eight:

#5 Prince Lauxmont gets my nod on the basis of two factors: (1) solid races at both The Meadowlands and The Meadows; (2) the excellent trotter driving skills of Jim Marshal III, That combination could spell a trip to the winner's circle. Others to consider are: #3 Celebrity Gauwitz. The gelding gets a better starting post; he also has the services of what I call "a sleeper" driver. Dave Strong is not a household name, but the reinsman has been known to bring in his share of longshots. A word to the wise is sufficient. Must stay flat! Then there's #1 Cultured Pearl with Eric Abbatiello. I'm not so much looking at a win-bet here, but more top completing a gimmick. Finally, #7 Cashabunch. This gelding is most capable and should not be ignored. Might well complete an exotic.

Teach
02-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Race Nine:

This race is a "toughie". Sometimes, these difficult-to-handicap races can turn into bonanzas. Sometimes. First, I'm not enamored with #3 Seasells Seashells. Not saying the mare can't be there. There's a definite shot. Yet, have you noticed her recent solid efforts have come on off-tracks. Can not bet this horse at less than 1-to-1. Who else? An off-the-wall pick: #4 Odds On Magic. #2 Brickyard Debbado. Also Nick Surick's horse, #7 Lil Miss Snowflake. You might throw in the #1 Bond Blue Chip to possibly pick up the pieces.

Teach
02-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Race Ten:

In the finale, I like the "inside" horses.