PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods: out indefinetly

DJofSD
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-announces-indefinite-leave-absence/?cid=email_BreakingNews_20140211

Greyfox
02-11-2015, 07:33 PM
He may never be tournament ready.

Me thinks that he's got to look at his history with that roid doctor from Canada and what he's done to his body.

cribking
02-11-2015, 07:55 PM
His swing was analyzed on the Golf Channel when he was the best player in the world to now. He looks like an entirely different golfer.

They showed Nickulas, Sneed their swings both looked identical during their entire careers

Greyfox
02-12-2015, 10:01 AM
His swing was analyzed on the Golf Channel when he was the best player in the world to now. He looks like an entirely different golfer.

They showed Nickulas, Sneed their swings both looked identical during their entire careers

Snead was always the same - very fluid.

Nicklaus as a young man was quite hefty.
He lost weight.
While doing so, he deliberately flattened his swing plane slightly.
That change was also done to prevent back problems.

Tiger changed his swing several times.
I said several years ago that his swing problems were more related to his "head" than anything else.
He walked the earth at one time thinking that he was invincible.
That all caught up to him when his sexual capers started to be exposed and his wife left.
He sought therapy for a sex addiction for several weeks, which is probably just enough time to really screw him up.
The exposure, the loss of his wife, and that sex therapy took the air out his balloon.
Also, the PGA tour implemented a random sample drug program and that meant performance enhancing substances would no longer be tolerated.
With 10,000 repetitions of a move he can change the swing any way he wants.
But when you look at the large picture 1. loss of family 2. loss of sexual mania 3. injuries that are possibly "roid" related 4. loss of reputation, I don't think that we'll ever see Tiger return to anywhere near his old form.
He may win a regular tournament but at this point, even winning 1 more Major looks doubtful.