PDA

View Full Version : No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

RunForTheRoses
02-10-2015, 08:20 PM
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html?adbid=10152730321481288&adbpl=fb&adbpr=373856446287&amp&amp&amp

Tom
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Opinions vary......

zico20
02-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Another desperate attempt by atheists to try to claim there is no God. That is all this is. The Big Bang is introduced, atheists claim no need for God, Genesis is wrong. The Big Bang proves no God needed they say. Then as more evidence comes in and religious people, including the Catholic Church, find the Big Bang is a perfect, acceptable way that God started everything, atheists panic. So now the atheists are back to the old, tired, mundane thinking that the Universe had no beginning again. The steady state theory has been proven to be an utter failure thanks to the BVG Theorem.

Atheists have no shame in science. They know this is a crock of sh!t. But they hope to confuse the people who aren't quite sure if there is a God. So they recycle this garbage about an infinite universe. The Big Bang is by far the most scientific explanation for how the Universe got started. But since it supports a start to the Universe that theists accept, it now has to be rejected. These atheist scientists are so fearful that science will conclude a God is a must they will come up with anything. Anyone who is unbiased or has half a brain will reject this new theory immediately.

snickster
02-10-2015, 09:28 PM
If there was a beginning to the universe then were did it come from? If it came from God then where did God come from? If there was not a beginning of the universe but it was always there then where did it come from?

Can nothing even exists? It is beyond the human abilities to imagine nothingness. But by the same imagining it is beyond the human ability to imagine something coming into being that was never there. So if nothingness really has existed before everything that now exists came to be, then where did everything come from? And since the universe exists then how far does it extend? It must extend infinitely as a human mind can't conceive of a 3 dimensional universe that just stops with nothing on the other side - not even 3 dimension nothingness on the other side as that would also be something not absolute nothing. Duh I am confused.

Tom
02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Did you ever wonder what a fish in a bowl thinks when we look in on him?

thaskalos
02-10-2015, 09:49 PM
If there was a beginning to the universe then were did it come from? If it came from God then where did God come from? If there was not a beginning of the universe but it was always there then where did it come from?

Can nothing even exists? It is beyond the human abilities to imagine nothingness. But by the same imagining it is beyond the human ability to imagine something coming into being that was never there. So if nothingness really has existed before everything that now exists came to be, then where did everything come from? And since the universe exists then how far does it extend? It must extend infinitely as a human mind can't conceive of a 3 dimensional universe that just stops with nothing on the other side - not even 3 dimension nothingness on the other side as that would also be something not absolute nothing. Duh I am confused.

IMO...the biggest absurdity is man's presumption that he will eventually unveil the mysteries of the universe. Can't we see that all our opinions along that route are destined to eventually always be proven wrong?

HUSKER55
02-11-2015, 03:53 AM
you sound like a horse player :D

RunForTheRoses
02-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Another desperate attempt by atheists to try to claim there is no God. That is all this is. The Big Bang is introduced, atheists claim no need for God, Genesis is wrong. The Big Bang proves no God needed they say. Then as more evidence comes in and religious people, including the Catholic Church, find the Big Bang is a perfect, acceptable way that God started everything, atheists panic. So now the atheists are back to the old, tired, mundane thinking that the Universe had no beginning again. The steady state theory has been proven to be an utter failure thanks to the BVG Theorem.

Atheists have no shame in science. They know this is a crock of sh!t. But they hope to confuse the people who aren't quite sure if there is a God. So they recycle this garbage about an infinite universe. The Big Bang is by far the most scientific explanation for how the Universe got started. But since it supports a start to the Universe that theists accept, it now has to be rejected. These atheist scientists are so fearful that science will conclude a God is a must they will come up with anything. Anyone who is unbiased or has half a brain will reject this new theory immediately.

I was originally going to post this in that there religious thread because of the connotations.
This theory may enhance Eastern type "atheistic" religions. At any rate it is just a theory.

Johnny V
02-11-2015, 06:22 AM

Big Bang theory was actually formulated by a scientist who was a Roman Catholic priest in Belgium in 1927.

Robert Goren
02-11-2015, 06:40 AM
Did you ever wonder what a fish in a bowl thinks when we look in on him? Feed me, I am hungry

tucker6
02-11-2015, 06:57 AM
IMO...the biggest absurdity is man's presumption that he will eventually unveil the mysteries of the universe. Can't we see that all our opinions along that route are destined to eventually always be proven wrong?
I don't know Gus. As I look back over the past few centuries, I see more and more innovative thought coming at us more and more rapidly. The enormous progress we've seen in many areas over the last 100 years would leave our ancestors befuddled. Will we ever be able to unveil the mysteries of the universe? Don't know. All I know is that I wouldn't be as dismissive of the odds as you are. Every time a new theory is proposed, right or wrong, it brings us one step closer to that unveiling.

Tom
02-11-2015, 07:51 AM

We have walked on the moon and come back, we have sent satellites to the far reaches of the universe and gotten data back, we drive a remote controlled car Mars....I think the only limitations on mankind is his imagination.

acorn54
02-11-2015, 08:12 AM
personally i don't think ANY organized religion or ANY individual has the correct explanation to what "HAPPENS", after death.
i remember a twilight zone episode where an old man meets st. peter at the golden gate, with his dog companion, and st. peter says the dog can't go with the man into heaven. the man responds by telling st. peter well me and my dog go everywhere together, so i guess heaven is not for me, and he turns his back on heaven and goes back down road he came from.

tucker6
02-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Just read up on this theory. Apparently, this new theory is COMPLIMENTARY to the Big Bang, and not exclusive of it. All this new theory is predicting is that there was something before the Big Bang, and not that the Big Bang didn't occur.

http://earthsky.org/space/what-if-the-universe-had-no-beginning

From the article:

Are you seeing the stories this week suggesting that the Big Bang didn’t happen? According to astrophysicist Brian Koberlein – a great science communicator at Rochester Institute of Technology with a popular page on G+ – that’s not quite what the new research (published in early February 2015 Physics Letters B, has suggested. The new study isn’t suggesting there was no Big Bang, Koberlein says. It’s suggesting that the Big Bang did not start with a singularity – a point in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole. How can this be? Koberlein explains on his website:

The catch is that by eliminating the singularity, the model predicts that the universe had no beginning. It existed forever as a kind of quantum potential before ‘collapsing’ into the hot dense state we call the Big Bang. Unfortunately many articles confuse ‘no singularity’ with ‘no big bang.’

hcap
02-11-2015, 08:40 AM
I was originally going to post this in that there religious thread because of the connotations.
This theory may enhance Eastern type "atheistic" religions. At any rate it is just a theory.Some "atheistic" religions recommend we start with the observer rather than the observed. General concept is we see through a glass darkly.

classhandicapper
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM
In other big news I have a theory that conventional wisdom on measuring track speed is incorrect. ;)

thaskalos
02-11-2015, 11:02 AM
In other big news I have a theory that conventional wisdom on measuring track speed is incorrect. ;)
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

TJDave
02-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Another desperate attempt by atheists to try to claim there is no God. That is all this is. The Big Bang is introduced, atheists claim no need for God, Genesis is wrong. The Big Bang proves no God needed they say. Then as more evidence comes in and religious people, including the Catholic Church, find the Big Bang is a perfect, acceptable way that God started everything, atheists panic.

Atheists desperate and panic stricken?

I'm afraid you have the wrong impression. We're not the ones defending fairy tales.

thaskalos
02-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Atheists desperate and panic stricken?

I'm afraid you have the wrong impression. We're not the ones defending fairy tales.

Make that, "...ANGRILY defending fairy tales".

Tom
02-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Most people in the world believe in a Higher Power of some sort.
When ass clowns like TJ keep intentionally insulting them with comments like his last, people are going to get angry.

If TJ doesn't believe in Mohamed either, why not really make your point and put up some cartoons and sign his name to them?

Oh, that would make my day.

If you don't believe, fine, but shut the hell about it.
Oh, do you guys believe in Hell either?

Maybe TJ should go there and check it out.

Clocker
02-11-2015, 12:43 PM

If the universe is expanding, the track is longer today than it was the last time the horse ran. :p

hcap
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
If the universe is expanding, the track is longer today than it was the last time the horse ran. :pSo what? Time is also slowed. The god(s) of horse racing work in mysterious ways

OntheRail
02-11-2015, 02:53 PM
personally i don't think ANY organized religion or ANY individual has the correct explanation to what "HAPPENS", after death.
i remember a twilight zone episode where an old man meets st. peter at the golden gate, with his dog companion, and st. peter says the dog can't go with the man into heaven. the man responds by telling st. peter well me and my dog go everywhere together, so i guess heaven is not for me, and he turns his back on heaven and goes back down road he came from.

But the first Gatekeeper was not St. Peter.

He goes on down the "Eternity Road" rather than enter the gate without his beloved dog. Simpson states "Any place that's too high-falutin' for Rip is too fancy for me." Later, after stopping to rest, Simpson and Rip are met by a young angel whose job is to find and bring them to Heaven.

Simpson tells the angel about his experience at the first gate, commenting "Son, that'd be a helluva place without Rip!" The angel replies "Mr. Simpson, you ain't far wrong - that is Hell! Heaven's up yonder a piece," pointing up Eternity Road. When asked by Simpson why the gatekeeper at the gate to Hades wouldn't let him bring Rip inside with him, the angel explains that the reason Rip was not allowed in was because the dog would have been able to smell the brimstone and alert Simpson that something was wrong. The angel says "You see, Mr. Simpson -- a man, well, he'll walk right into Hell with both eyes open. But even the Devil can't fool a dog!"

whodoyoulike
02-11-2015, 03:13 PM

He goes on down the "Eternity Road" rather than enter the gate without his beloved dog. Simpson states "Any place that's too high-falutin' for Rip is too fancy for me." Later, after stopping to rest, Simpson and Rip are met by a young angel whose job is to find and bring them to Heaven.

Simpson tells the angel about his experience at the first gate, commenting "Son, that'd be a helluva place without Rip!" The angel replies "Mr. Simpson, you ain't far wrong - that is Hell! Heaven's up yonder a piece," pointing up Eternity Road. When asked by Simpson why the gatekeeper at the gate to Hades wouldn't let him bring Rip inside with him, the angel explains that the reason Rip was not allowed in was because the dog would have been able to smell the brimstone and alert Simpson that something was wrong. The angel says "You see, Mr. Simpson -- a man, well, he'll walk right into Hell with both eyes open. But even the Devil can't fool a dog!"

Thanks, this is the way I also recalled that episode of TZ. The first one didn't seem correct.

acorn54
02-11-2015, 05:49 PM

thanks, your memory is much better than mine. the twilight zone had some very well written scripts including the one you quoted. if television still had those types of quality shows i might still have a t.v.

Track Collector
02-12-2015, 02:15 AM
I was there when the Big Bang occurred! -- Brian Williams

classhandicapper
02-12-2015, 09:50 AM
If the universe is expanding, the track is longer today than it was the last time the horse ran. :p

Greeeeat. I spend 40 years looking for an edge and you blow it in one day. :rolleyes:

;)

boxcar
02-12-2015, 10:26 AM
We have walked on the moon and come back, we have sent satellites to the far reaches of the universe and gotten data back, we drive a remote controlled car Mars....I think the only limitations on mankind is his imagination.

Yeah...men of forensic science tend to be very long on imagination and just as short on facts.

whodoyoulike
02-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Yeah...men of forensic science tend to be very long on imagination and just as short on facts.

I don't follow your response.

Was Tom's post incorrect?