PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mirahmadi Named New Announcer at Monmouth Park

andtheyreoff
02-10-2015, 03:33 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/article.cgi?id=48344

Great choice!

ArlJim78
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
So he'll be calling both tracks I assume, because no overlap with Oaklawn. Or am I missing something? I hope so because I think he's one of the best.

horses4courses
02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Good news :ThmbUp:

Redbullsnation
02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Wait...what?? What happened to Travis Stone??

AlBundy33
02-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Wait...what?? What happened to Travis Stone??

He's going to Churchill.

Stillriledup
02-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Great decision by Monmouth. Great announcer and class act, congrats to Frank and to Monmouth. :ThmbUp:

Redbullsnation
02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
He's going to Churchill.
Ahh yes. Collmus is taking the NYRA spot leaving Churchill without an announcer. Okay, I get it :o

netbet
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Collmus to NYRA, Stone to Churchill and Mirahmadi to Oaklawn and Monmouth.

Congrats to them all.

Patrick

AlBundy33
02-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Which also opens up the NorCal fairs gig.

Redbullsnation
02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Which also opens up the NorCal fairs gig.
Looks like Trevor and Michael might split the gigs for that

pandy
02-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Congrats Frank.

olddaddy
02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Franks is almost working year round now. Oaklawn, Monmouth and some of the cali fair circuits. I love his calls but dont play those tracks frequently. Ill miss him in his former off season on tvg.

summersquall
02-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Very good news. His former work on TVG pointed up a what a likeable personality he has. Such a pleasure to listen to him call a race.

The Hawk
02-10-2015, 08:17 PM
This was one of my favorite TVG moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbcLuTSR68

(at least the guy bets!)

Bluto Blutarsky
02-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Congratulations Frank!
It is rare that Bob Kulina does something smart. This was a smart move.

Hey Bob-
your next smart move- don't allow Juan Vasquez to stable at Monmouth Park this summer.

Stillriledup
02-10-2015, 08:23 PM
This was one of my favorite TVG moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbcLuTSR68

(at least the guy bets!)

All time classic move.....loved it!

TravisVOX
02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Frank will love it there. Monmouth Park is a wonderful place. The booth is fantastic too. The windows open and the crowd noise (there is about 8-12k there every Sat/Sun) can be heard while you call.

Track Collector
02-11-2015, 03:32 AM
Was it you Frank that called the races at the Great Barrington Fair (1997 or 1998) where you impersonated Rodney Dangerfield?

Canarsie
02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Congrats Frank my state is very lucky and fortunate to have you calling races at MP.

You are truly one of the good guys in racing. In an age where social media can hit hard and often there is very little criticism if any of you. People appreciate your body of work that can be the highest compliment one can get.

cnollfan
02-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Frank doesn't do impressions much anymore now that he has hit the big time, but the ones he has done are amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLxT4vgQ1Q

Grits
02-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Britney Eurton at TVG just asked Frank Mirahmadi, "have you ever called a million dollar race"??

I don't usually write, OMG, and I try not to complain about analysts and racecallers, ever. But please, someone tell this young lady where Oaklawn Park is, and the purse for the Arkansas Derby. .... These things should be required knowledge.

And congrats to Mr.Mirahmadi! Great racecaller.

thaskalos
02-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Very talented announcer. :ThmbUp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53wWQ9zZFB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJDk05U0vBc

onefast99
02-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I had the pleasure to meet him personally a few times and I was a call in guest on his show on TVG twice. One of the nicest individuals I ever met who is connected in one way or another with racing. Several years back I had a horse running at Parx, Frank asked me if I had a chance to win I said "I can't lose" my trainer called and said you just jinxed us we lost by a neck and finished 2nd! That's the last time I ever said we can't lose!

reckless
02-11-2015, 02:02 PM
I had the pleasure to meet him personally a few times and I was a call in guest on his show on TVG twice. One of the nicest individuals I ever met who is connected in one way or another with racing. Several years back I had a horse running at Parx, Frank asked me if I had a chance to win I said "I can't lose" my trainer called and said you just jinxed us we lost by a neck and finished 2nd! That's the last time I ever said we can't lose!

That's why trainers like to coldwater owners. Some of them just can't keep their mouth shut. :)

Nice story. :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
02-11-2015, 05:22 PM
That's why trainers like to coldwater owners. Some of them just can't keep their mouth shut. :)

That jinx can apply to mid-race as well. Once owned a horse named Captain Skyhawk trained by Steve Myadi.

Turned into the lane with a 12 length lead at 3/5. Jason Lumpkins aboard. Was standing with my partner who said " let's go to the winners circle". Swear to God I turned the other way and headed towards my car. Ran down in last jump and claimed away. Never owned another horse with that person.

:bang: :mad:

Stillriledup
02-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Sometimes bettors are also the same way...i've never hit a winning horse at a price if someone openly rooted for my horse way too soon. You got the sneaky 9-1 shot making a move on the far turn, a horse that only "sharps" should be betting on and some guy with holes in his shoes and 5 cents in his pocket roots for that horse...its the kiss of death for sure.

Tara73
02-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Hopefully, Frank will still use Twitter to mention a horse that looks good in the post parade.

onefast99
02-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Sometimes bettors are also the same way...i've never hit a winning horse at a price if someone openly rooted for my horse way too soon. You got the sneaky 9-1 shot making a move on the far turn, a horse that only "sharps" should be betting on and some guy with holes in his shoes and 5 cents in his pocket roots for that horse...its the kiss of death for sure.
I learned my lesson well I didn't tout my horse at GP in August and it paid $46 but lamboguy did ask if I liked him!!!!:jump:

thespaah
02-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Superstitions are DUMB....
The spoken word, the purple underwear, the fifty dollar bill...etc....None of these have anything to do with future events. Nothing.
Do I agree with once a streak of success begins I keep doing things the same way until the streak ends?...Yes.

Canarsie
02-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Frank doesn't do impressions much anymore now that he has hit the big time, but the ones he has done are amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLxT4vgQ1Q

I could be wrong but either Oaklawn or FM agreed or requested that they won't be done. They certainly would be eagerly accepted (my opinion) at the jersey shore it's Frank's type of crowd.

I'm fairly certain he will be greeted enthusiastically as the new announcer.

Stillriledup
02-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Britney Eurton at TVG just asked Frank Mirahmadi, "have you ever called a million dollar race"??

I don't usually write, OMG, and I try not to complain about analysts and racecallers, ever. But please, someone tell this young lady where Oaklawn Park is, and the purse for the Arkansas Derby. .... These things should be required knowledge.

And congrats to Mr.Mirahmadi! Great racecaller.

She meant at a "Real" track. ;)

alydar
02-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I have been listening to Frank a lot lately, and I think you could make a good argument that he is the best race caller out there right now. He describes the races more accurately than anyone. He may not have the flair of Durkin but he is very good.

v j stauffer
02-18-2015, 03:33 PM
I have been listening to Frank a lot lately, and I think you could make a good argument that he is the best race caller out there right now. He describes the races more accurately than anyone. He may not have the flair of Durkin but he is very good.

SHARP POST

Nitro
02-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Great decision by Monmouth. Great announcer and class act, congrats to Frank and to Monmouth. :ThmbUp:

I agree 110%! Not only that, but he can call races with the different voices that he can mimic so well. :ThmbUp:
In my opinion he's a fun guy and one of the most colorful personalities in the world of horse-racing. :ThmbUp:
We met once many years ago at Hialeah and I look forward to seeing him again at the track this summer.
Congrats to him and Monmouth Park! :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I agree 110%! Not only that, but he can call races with the different voices that he can mimic so well. :ThmbUp:
In my opinion he's a fun guy and one of the most colorful personalities in the world of horse-racing. :ThmbUp:
We met once many years ago at Hialeah and I look forward to seeing him again at the track this summer.
Congrats to him and Monmouth Park! :ThmbUp:

He loves the game and it shows in his calls. Racing needs more Frank Mirahmadi's.

v j stauffer
02-18-2015, 10:12 PM
He loves the game and it shows in his calls. Racing needs more Frank Mirahmadi's.

Let's not get CRAZY!! :D

Stillriledup
02-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Let's not get CRAZY!! :D

:D

You're right, maybe one's enough.