PDA

View Full Version : My Preakness-My Game

rokitman
05-14-2004, 02:03 PM
1) LION HEART-The good news is the race is light on speed and he's in the 1 hole. The bad news is the race is light on speed and he's in the 1 hole. This likely insures that Smarty Jones will be in his eyeball right from the start this time. Not the path to the winners circle.

Running for 2nd with the distinct possibilty of being Smartenized right off the board.

2) BORREGO-The Derby is a throw-out. Obviously, he's much better than that. But Mr. Second needs a collapse of all more forwardly placed contenders to win it. Not likely.

Running for 3rd with 2nd a possibilty.

3) LITTLE MATTH MAN-Do the matth, Mr. Papandrea.

5) SONG OF THE SWORD-Will be seeing a lot of tails again early. Borrego #2 but without as much late punch.

Chavez could beat a 3rd out of him.

7) SMARTY JONES-Shortening up a sixteenth ain't gonna make it any easier for the other boys. He's fast early and he's fast late. Tough combination to beat.

1/2.

8)IMPERIALISM-Ended up right where he should of in the Derby-no excuses. The slowest of the slow early. More likely to give his many backers angina from back there than a win. Was overbet in the Derby and will be even more here.

Another 3rd-maximum.

9)EDDINGTON-A 5 week layoff at this time of year could produce a horse several lengths better than last seen. If so, maybe then he could beat slow-pokes Tapit and Master David. But not the big boys here.

The sucker bet of the day. Has a shot at 2nd if they move the race to Gulfstream.

10)ROCK HARD TEN-A 6 week layoff and only 3 races in his career. Could run a race far beyond what has been seen. Or could have already thrown his best shot and lost in the SA Derby. Only faced 4 in his allowance win and 6 in the SA Derby- 5 really-the favorite did not lift a hoof.

A mystery. But it's not a mystery that he will be grossly overbet. 1/2 or out.

11)WATER CANNON-Keep the horse ambulance ready.

Where's SIR SHACKLETON, you say?! Where?!! WHERE?!!!

It's the ROKITMAN SPECIAL!!!

The Derby Trial doesn't look like much fig-wise. But the jockey has been quoted as saying he knew he had a ton of horse under him for the final eighth. And, as you know, they don't pay any more for winning by open lengths. That's enough for me on that front.

ZIto's whole life/stable revolves around these Triple Crown races. He's not a sprinter-he's a router. The Derby Trial was just one last long sprint. His 3YO's commonly jump up 10 TSN points and more above their sprint figs when they go 2 turns the first time. For those who need hard-copy proof, and have the means, look at Eurosilver's sprint figs going into the Lanes End Futurity and what he got for that race. It's not an isolated example-just a good one. I pounded that one along with several others over recent years.

So, why, you might ask, would I disclose such a juicy tidbit if it's true? Because I hope to inspire you to play it, or if you think I am wrong, play against it, at your favorite off-shore book. Just play somewhere that doesn't benefit those who have an endless stream of rationals for why it's OK to jerk the rug out from underneath us whenever things don't go their way. They need to be punished. And there is only one punishment that matters with these people-the pocketbook. All the email-sending in the world is not going to matter one bit. After this, there will be another reason to do a different variation of the same thing. It's been going on a long time. Magna is just the latest to do it. But now, there is a very real and meaningful way to strike back.

I'm not accepting any redirection of blame for this latest incident. I don't know and don't care "who did what" first. All I know is that it wasn't me. But, once again, I'm paying. So, I hope you'll join me in attempting to make Saturday the biggest off-shore book day ever. We'll go back to the TSN's and TVG's on Sunday. But for one day, make them pay.