PDA

View Full Version : Parx

arw629
02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Anyone playing Parx the past few days? The rail is dead as a doornail....I wonder how Bayern would have done PA Derby day with this bias?

davew
02-10-2015, 02:15 PM
I was thinking the track is deep
frontrunners are all dying and slow plodders/closers are getting there at end

arw629
02-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I agree with you but it does appear the jockeys are trying to keep the horses a couple of paths out....I shouldn't complain tho....I'm in two tourneys today and had the :1: Water Tower from off the pace in the 4th at 6-1 and he rallied nicely on the inside

arw629
02-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Water Tower seemed like the only one the last two days to rally from inside and be effective....The Jacobson horse looked a lock in the 3rd on paper only to run 3rd at 1-2

Stillriledup
02-10-2015, 02:25 PM
These tracks are my favorite to handicap...the only problem is that the jocks seem to not ride like they would normally ride...guys have the track "in their heads" and a lot of decisions are made that wouldn't normally be made if the track was the "bayern track" of PA Derby day.

RXB
02-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Anyone playing Parx the past few days? The rail is dead as a doornail....I wonder how Bayern would have done PA Derby day with this bias?

I'm loving it; the public keeps making frontrunners the favourites!

Stillriledup
02-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Super Time! Thank you Adam! :ThmbUp:

RXB
02-10-2015, 02:53 PM
And I do think it's more of an anti-speed bias than an anti-inside bias. Inside drawn runners are doing okay, as long as they don't gun for the lead. Being on the front early is the real problem.

RXB
03-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Today, the opposite. Inside early speed has won the first four races and off-pace runners that stayed inside most of the way have grabbed all four place spots.

Stillriledup
03-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Today, the opposite. Inside early speed has won the first four races and off-pace runners that stayed inside most of the way have grabbed all four place spots.

Seemed like the jocks on the 5 and 6 in the 5th were just grabbing grabbing grabbing and even the winner was grabbing, not sure what kind of race this was from a riding standpoint, not pleasing to watch, the 5 and 6 should have been let roll more instead of doing everything in their power to let the 3-5 shot get loose.

horses4courses
03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Tuesday racing at Parx - 9 races with over $200K in purses.
Doesn't seem right.

RXB
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Seemed like the jocks on the 5 and 6 in the 5th were just grabbing grabbing grabbing and even the winner was grabbing, not sure what kind of race this was from a riding standpoint, not pleasing to watch, the 5 and 6 should have been let roll more instead of doing everything in their power to let the 3-5 shot get loose.

The rail-drawn early speed :2: in the 6th was sweet at 16/1. Since you're following along I hoped you cashed it.

davew
03-03-2015, 02:54 PM
front runners doing well today

RXB
03-03-2015, 02:58 PM
front runners doing well today

Front and inside. It's as much of a golden rail bias as it is an early speed bias. Combination of the two is double-tough.

RXB
03-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Current 2/1 favourite for the 7th is the outside drawn horse :1a: who also doesn't have the speed to get to the front.

Stillriledup
03-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Current 2/1 favourite for the 7th is the outside drawn horse :1a: who also doesn't have the speed to get to the front.

I just made "bet against Brannaman" bets that i had to cancel. Hope the horse and jock are ok, that looked bad thrashing in the gate.

RXB
03-03-2015, 03:23 PM
I just made "bet against Brannaman" bets that i had to cancel. Hope the horse and jock are ok, that looked bad thrashing in the gate.

Yeah, the horse seemed fine when they unsaddled him.

The rail-drawn horse that stayed on the rail the whole way nailed the 4/5 :1a: and will pay 12/1. I kind of blew that one as I bet :3: at 9/1 and boxed :2: :3: without putting any money on the :2: to win. Oops. Oh well, no complaints about the day on the whole so far.

Clearly the rail is as important as the lead.

RXB
03-03-2015, 03:51 PM
They made the :4: :6: the faves in R8 and instead :3: :1: run clear of the others at 10/1 and 5/1. Unfortunately I just bet the :1: to win as I loved him as the rail speed in that spot but this is an incredible advantage to be betting with.

Stillriledup
03-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the horse seemed fine when they unsaddled him.

The rail-drawn horse that stayed on the rail the whole way nailed the 4/5 :1a: and will pay 12/1. I kind of blew that one as I bet :3: at 9/1 and boxed :2: :3: without putting any money on the :2: to win. Oops. Oh well, no complaints about the day on the whole so far.

Clearly the rail is as important as the lead.

Good to hear about Branaman.

That 2 seemed like an overlay, you know, in hindsight. :D

RXB
03-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Good to hear about Branaman.

That 2 seemed like an overlay, you know, in hindsight. :D

My box was :2: :3: , really not a smart move not to have at least cover win money on the :2: . And in the last race, I probably should've used small :2: :1: and :3: :1: exacta coverage. But I was quite hot on the :1: so no real complaints as I bet my opinion and he ran well clear of the faves at decent odds.

R9 I'm on :3: with :1: :2: :3: modest exacta box.

RXB
03-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Ha, of course R9 I bet the ex a bit and it runs 1st-3rd but by far the main bet was the romping winner :3: to win at 12/1, capping a delightful card.

big frank
03-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Of course Rich Perloff was wrong as usual......he was fighting with emailers that were saying the inside was golden.....He said it was a speed favoring track ,, BUT the rail had no advantage......i know Perloff has alot of defenders here but the guy is clueless ........

Stillriledup
03-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Of course Rich Perloff was wrong as usual......he was fighting with emailers that were saying the inside was golden.....He said it was a speed favoring track ,, BUT the rail had no advantage......i know Perloff has alot of defenders here but the guy is clueless ........

He's a fair handicapper, nothing special, he's more of a paper and pen guy, don't know if he's up till 4am seven days a week watching tapes, maybe he is and he just doesn't talk about little nuances he's gleaned from the replays?

duncan04
03-04-2015, 07:34 PM

Most off the time the rail isn't the place to be. You will see jockeys got three, four paths out.

Rise Over Run
03-04-2015, 07:37 PM
he's more of a paper and pen guy, don't know if he's up till 4am seven days a week watching tapes, maybe he is and......
So in other words you have absolutely no idea, but just felt like typing away at the keyboard to increase your post count.... :bang: :bang:

Stillriledup
03-04-2015, 08:17 PM
So in other words you have absolutely no idea, but just felt like typing away at the keyboard to increase your post count.... :bang: :bang:

I'm not a huge Perloff "follower" so i dont know if he watches replays, just from what i've seen, i would say no.

arw629
03-05-2015, 06:30 AM
Ha, of course R9 I bet the ex a bit and it runs 1st-3rd but by far the main bet was the romping winner :3: to win at 12/1, capping a delightful card.

I hammered that :3: as well....i love a good track bias!

duncan04
03-05-2015, 07:56 AM

Everyone knows that SRU doesn't have to follow something or bet on a certain track to put his two cents in. :rolleyes: :D

Nosed
03-08-2015, 01:46 PM
You would think that after all these years the ground crew would have improved the rail bias. They've been running outside at Parx for years now, but every once in a while you see someone stay on the rail and win.

Stillriledup
03-08-2015, 03:04 PM
You would think that after all these years the ground crew would have improved the rail bias. They've been running outside at Parx for years now, but every once in a while you see someone stay on the rail and win.

That's one of the best tracks to bet when the rail is slower. Public doesn't adjust enough and bet down wide closers as much as they should.