PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Toronto or environs?

andicap
05-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Please email me.

Thanks

Zaf
05-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Still thinking of moving to the Big TO ?

ZAFONIC

andicap
05-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Yep, if I can get my butt in gear and fill out the residency forms. It takes more than a year to establish residency so I can qualify for medical, get work, etc.
Know anybody who wants to hire an American writer/editor??

;)

Tom
05-15-2004, 03:58 PM
If you go there, you can always hop on the Fast Ferry and come to Finger Lakes on weekends. ;)

cj
05-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom
...Fast Ferry...

Carl Lewis?

Tom
05-15-2004, 04:46 PM
LOL!

No, actually "The Breeze" - brand new ferry between Rochester (Charlotte) NY and Totonto. You might have seen it on the news a few weeks ago-when they sailed into NYC, they hit the side of the pier and took out a 21 foot gash in the side! Two week delay for repairs. Then they sailed it through the St LAwrence Seaway and kind of "scraped" up the sides a bit in the locks. Three week delay. Now, after they finally get to Rochester and start to get ready for the maiden voyage (now way overdue) the find out tht the engines are somehow defective and need parts fromGermany. So off to Toronto yesterday for another month of delay. Sort of the Titanic II.
But andicap....I am sure it is safe to ride over on! :rolleyes:

trying2win
05-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by andicap
Yep, if I can get my butt in gear and fill out the residency forms. It takes more than a year to establish residency so I can qualify for medical, get work, etc.
Know anybody who wants to hire an American writer/editor??

;)

ANDICAP,

I saw this article at the Standardbred Canada website the other day. It's about someone looking to hire a harness racing reporter. I don't know if you have an interest in harness racing or not though:
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/iss0504/reporter0511.html

T2W

andicap
05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
appreciate it, but they are looking for entry level folk they can pay $12K a year it looks like.