PDA

View Full Version : Sports Gambler Billy Walters

Wiley
02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
I think this guy has been posted about here before and some on here might know him or of him. Good article talks about some of his methods.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12280555/how-billy-walters-became-sports-most-successful-controversial-bettor

tucker6
02-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Yeah, isn't he the one being investigated for insider trading with his golf buddy Phil Mickelson?

Augenj
02-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Great article. :ThmbUp:

Dark Horse
02-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Other than the 60 minutes feature, you can read about his methods in 'The Smart Money', and in 'Gambling Wizards'. One of the guys of the Computer Group, which later branched off into Pinnacle Sports.

Valuist
02-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Turns out the article was a fraud. Walters and Dave Malinsky were on Pregame today, and said a number of things in the ESPN article were incorrect, and a few things were outright lies.

ReplayRandall
02-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Here's the link to Walter's interview:
http://pregame.com/pregame-forums/f/14/t/1172483.aspx

Wiley
02-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Listened to the radio interview.
The only specifics I get out of the article as being wrong is a quote by Malinsky that he knew 100% of Walters methods, but maybe I am missing something. It is possible there are other quotes by Malinsky that are wrong also as he did say he no commented on maybe 70% of Fish's questions in their interview.

Thanks for the nice radio interview link.
Walters sounds like a pretty even keeled guy and my impression is that he did not sound too upset over the article.

I guess if he or Malinsky sue for libel that will be the telling point.

Valuist
02-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Listened to the radio interview.
The only specifics I get out of the article as being wrong is a quote by Malinsky that he knew 100% of Walters methods, but maybe I am missing something. It is possible there are other quotes by Malinsky that are wrong also as he did say he no commented on maybe 70% of Fish's questions in their interview.

Thanks for the nice radio interview link.
Walters sounds like a pretty even keeled guy and my impression is that he did not sound too upset over the article.

I guess if he or Malinsky sue for libel that will be the telling point.

There was a quote in there in which Walters (allegedly) says "Dave wasn't successful in what he did so I discontinued the relationship." Walters went on Pregame to set the record straight that that wasn't what he said.

Wiley
02-18-2015, 10:55 AM
There was a quote in there in which Walters (allegedly) says "Dave wasn't successful in what he did so I discontinued the relationship." Walters went on Pregame to set the record straight that that wasn't what he said.
Thanks. I assumed there were more problems with the article.

TJDave
02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
I believe that sports betting is now no more than an obsessive hobby for Walters. He's like that line in Godfather about being bigger than US Steel.

Robert Fischer
02-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Good stuff guys, thanks. :ThmbUp: