PDA

View Full Version : 2015 REAL KENTUCKY DERBY CONTENDERS TO WATCH

NarrowRator
02-05-2015, 06:30 AM
The entire list of 429 early Triple Crown nominees were processed and we narrow it down to 39 horses to watch with (BLOFLED AND OSTROLENKA) kinda inactive. This list will be further reduced (by defects etc) but THESE are the REAL DERBY CONTENDERS TO WATCH.

AVANTI BELLO
BARBADOS
BAYERD
BRAVO CHARLIE
COMBAT DIVER
CROSS THE LINE
DADTAUGHTMEWELL
DECISION DAY
DEKABRIST
DIRT MONSTER
DUKIN' WITH DALE
EAGLE
EH CUMPARI
EL KABEIR
FAR RIGHT
FRAMMENTO
FROSTED
G FIVE
GENERAL BELLAMY
GOLDEN YEARS
GOOD LUCK GUS
HASHTAG BOURBON
JUAN AND BINA
KILLINGIT
METABOSS
NASA
NO PROBLEM
OCHO OCHO OCHO
RUNAWAY BLING
STEEL
THE TRUTH OR ELSE
TO THE VICTOR
TRADESMAN
UNRIVALED
UPSTART
VERRACO
WAR STORY

letswastemoney
02-05-2015, 07:11 AM
Dekabrist? Why?

NarrowRator
02-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Dekabrist? Why?

He has the pedigree to get 1 mile 1/4. He wants to go further.

This list will be reduced after seeing how some of these get a 1 mile 1/8 but the derby winner is here.

GatetoWire
02-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Barbados is injured and off the trail.
They are hoping to have him back for the summer sprint stakes like the Kings Bishop

GatetoWire
02-05-2015, 10:00 AM
You are also missing Carpe Diem who was 2nd in the Breeders Cup and had a nice work in Florida on Saturday

horses4courses
02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
American Pharoah, Dortmund, Texas Red,
and the above mentioned Carpe Diem,
are all live contenders at this time.

You can add at least a dozen to that list, also.
No Ocean Knight? No Lord Nelson?
Hmmmm.....

It's one thing to have the pedigree.
You better be able to run, as well.

Bennie
02-05-2015, 05:51 PM
If you so believe the Derby winner is in your list, you can make a strong futures wager as only 5 of these are listed in the upcoming pool. El Kabair, Far Right, Frosted, Ocho Ocho, and Upstart.
I have Eagle and Frosted from the first pool and think that Carpe Diem, Frosted, Khozan, Lord Nelson and The Great War are all bred to run all day long. Khozan being unraced at 2 would be a preliminary toss for me but the others are live in my eyes and I will be following them as we get closer to the first Saturday in May.
I respect Upstart but think Far Right and OchoOcho are both a little short on breeding for my taste and El Kabeir is on the hedge. Just my opinion. I wish you luck though and I am sure others, besides myself, will be following your updates and adding their thoughts.

sbcaris
02-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Buckpasser in the X passing position is a positive for the Ky Derby. Here are the horses in Pool 2 that carry Buck in the X:

Itsaknockout
J S Bach
Khozan
Lord Nelson
Ocean Knight
Upstart

PizzaCat
02-07-2015, 10:40 AM
What has happened to Blofeld? I haven't heard his name in a while.

NarrowRator
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Barbados is injured and off the trail.
They are hoping to have him back for the summer sprint stakes like the Kings Bishop

Thanks for the update.

NarrowRator
02-10-2015, 04:45 PM
You are also missing Carpe Diem who was 2nd in the Breeders Cup and had a nice work in Florida on Saturday

Not sure Carpe Diem has what it takes to win the Derby. Maybe, he will prove me wrong but its my opinion. I'm not saying you should not include him in your list of contenders either.

NarrowRator
02-10-2015, 04:46 PM
American Pharoah, Dortmund, Texas Red,
and the above mentioned Carpe Diem,
are all live contenders at this time.

You can add at least a dozen to that list, also.
No Ocean Knight? No Lord Nelson?
Hmmmm.....

It's one thing to have the pedigree.
You better be able to run, as well.

Maybe, they will prove me wrong but its my opinion. I'm not saying you should not include him in your list of contenders either.

NarrowRator
02-10-2015, 04:49 PM
If you so believe the Derby winner is in your list, you can make a strong futures wager as only 5 of these are listed in the upcoming pool. El Kabair, Far Right, Frosted, Ocho Ocho, and Upstart.
I have Eagle and Frosted from the first pool and think that Carpe Diem, Frosted, Khozan, Lord Nelson and The Great War are all bred to run all day long. Khozan being unraced at 2 would be a preliminary toss for me but the others are live in my eyes and I will be following them as we get closer to the first Saturday in May.
I respect Upstart but think Far Right and OchoOcho are both a little short on breeding for my taste and El Kabeir is on the hedge. Just my opinion. I wish you luck though and I am sure others, besides myself, will be following your updates and adding their thoughts.

Maybe, they will prove me wrong but its my opinion. I'm not saying you should not include him in your list of contenders either.

Jamaicans are not allowed to bet the future wagers. I'm not sure why so many people took offense to my post. Can't i share my own thoughts?

Stoleitbreezing
02-10-2015, 05:18 PM
What has happened to Blofeld? I haven't heard his name in a while.

He hasn't worked out for sometime now and is a longshot to make the derby gate.

Bennie
02-10-2015, 05:41 PM
NarrowRator - I don't think anyone took "offense" to your posting I am just adding my opinion to the thread as I believe so are the others. We all have our own little niches we look for in a Derby winner and as we all know, we can't all be right. The one who are do get the right to brag a little come May 2nd. Could very well be you this year.
Sorry to hear you can't bet the futures in Jamaica. Not even with an offshore account? I used to have one near the Bay when I had a Maryland address but had to close it when my wife and I decided to stay in Jersey.

Cratos
02-10-2015, 07:24 PM
The entire list of 429 early Triple Crown nominees were processed and we narrow it down to 39 horses to watch with (BLOFLED AND OSTROLENKA) kinda inactive. This list will be further reduced (by defects etc) but THESE are the REAL DERBY CONTENDERS TO WATCH.

AVANTI BELLO
BARBADOS
BAYERD
BRAVO CHARLIE
COMBAT DIVER
CROSS THE LINE
DADTAUGHTMEWELL
DECISION DAY
DEKABRIST
DIRT MONSTER
DUKIN' WITH DALE
EAGLE
EH CUMPARI
EL KABEIR
FAR RIGHT
FRAMMENTO
FROSTED
G FIVE
GENERAL BELLAMY
GOLDEN YEARS
GOOD LUCK GUS
HASHTAG BOURBON
JUAN AND BINA
KILLINGIT
METABOSS
NASA
NO PROBLEM
OCHO OCHO OCHO
RUNAWAY BLING
STEEL
THE TRUTH OR ELSE
TO THE VICTOR
TRADESMAN
UNRIVALED
UPSTART
VERRACO
WAR STORY
I believe the “Cowboy" AKA Bob Baffert might have another Point Given in Dortmund and if so, it will take some tough competition to beat him.

ArlJim78
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
I believe the “Cowboy" AKA Bob Baffert might have another Point Given in Dortmund and if so, it will take some tough competition to beat him.
Any horse tougher than Firing Line would have beaten him twice now.
I wonder how he's going to easily put away larger fields of tougher opponents.

Cratos
02-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Any horse tougher than Firing Line would have beaten him twice now.
I wonder how he's going to easily put away larger fields of tougher opponents.
Dortmund is a young horse (reminiscent of a young Forego) who is very large and once he fills out, the sky is the limit and he might not reach his physical size development until he is 4yos.

letswastemoney
02-10-2015, 11:39 PM
The best horse on this list is Upstart, but it's just missing too many.

Recent form trumps pedigree analysis, as horses like Dekabrist (and I'm sure a couple others on there) aren't going to come anywhere close to making the Derby.

NarrowRator
02-12-2015, 08:49 AM
NarrowRator - I don't think anyone took "offense" to your posting I am just adding my opinion to the thread as I believe so are the others. We all have our own little niches we look for in a Derby winner and as we all know, we can't all be right. The one who are do get the right to brag a little come May 2nd. Could very well be you this year.
Sorry to hear you can't bet the futures in Jamaica. Not even with an offshore account? I used to have one near the Bay when I had a Maryland address but had to close it when my wife and I decided to stay in Jersey.

Thanks.

NarrowRator
02-12-2015, 08:52 AM
The best horse on this list is Upstart, but it's just missing too many.

Recent form trumps pedigree analysis, as horses like Dekabrist (and I'm sure a couple others on there) aren't going to come anywhere close to making the Derby.

This is what makes horse racing fun. Upstart is the "best" horse on the list in your eye's.

Investorater
02-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I hope International Star runs well in whichever prep the horse is pointing toward. \O/ :cool: \o/ . . .

Investorater
04-09-2015, 12:42 PM
International Star :ThmbUp: has run exceptionally well in winning his last three in a row at the Fair Grounds. LeComte Stakes, Risen Star Stakes, Louisiana Derby. \O/ \o/

GO BIG DORT , , , , , , , :cool:

nads1420
04-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Don't you think International Star has raced lackluster competition though?

I have no idea who I like for the derby... or should i say i can narrow it down to 1. I like a bunch of horses.

Dortmund
Carpe Diem
American Pharaoh
Firing Line
Materiality
Mubtaahij

and its hard to figure out who the clunker uppers are in this bunch. I think after the 6 mentioned above, Frosted, and International Star there is a huge drop off. but you know at least one of them are clunking up to finish top 4

BlueChip@DRF
04-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Where's Depositor? :confused:

SecretAgentMan
04-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Don't you think International Star has raced lackluster competition though?

I have no idea who I like for the derby... or should i say i can narrow it down to 1. I like a bunch of horses.

Dortmund
Carpe Diem
American Pharaoh
Firing Line
Materiality
Mubtaahij

and its hard to figure out who the clunker uppers are in this bunch. I think after the 6 mentioned above, Frosted, and International Star there is a huge drop off. but you know at least one of them are clunking up to finish top 4

I dont think horses now a days race vs great competition until they get into the KD.......Dortmund vs Firing Line is the only 2 good horses that is considered competition worthwhile talking about.

Big Brown didn't run against anyone good before the derby......Smarty Jones.......I can name quite a few derby winners.

Funny Cide ran against the best before the derby, Monarchos as well.

BlueChip@DRF
04-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I dont think horses now a days race vs great competition until they get into the KD.......Dortmund vs Firing Line is the only 2 good horses that is considered competition worthwhile talking about.

Big Brown didn't run against anyone good before the derby......Smarty Jones.......I can name quite a few derby winners.

Funny Cide ran against the best before the derby, Monarchos as well.

Who did Seattle Slew and Affirmed run against before making it to the Derby?

reckless
04-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Who did Seattle Slew and Affirmed run against before making it to the Derby?

Fratello Ed and Radar Ahead? :)