PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick destroys Colin Cowherd.

Stillriledup
02-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Colin kinda gets owned here.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/03/dan-patrick-fires-back-at-colin-cowherd-in-skip-bayless-inspired-feud/

Speed Figure
02-03-2015, 11:11 PM
I love Colin, but he's not Dan! Dan has made it without ESPN! I don't think Colin could be on the level that Dan is without ESPN. Colin does love to use the word "My Staff" while Dan let's his guys talk.

Stillriledup
02-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Colin dirtied himself by sticking up for a guy NOBODY likes named Skip. Once you get in "bed" with the biggest idiot on tv, it's not a good look at all.

burnsy
02-04-2015, 07:21 AM
I agree with what everyone else is saying. Colin has a good show but like most of ESPN they over react and sensationalize everything. Dan does a different kind of show that I think real sports fans appreciate. I can see why some of them look "over there" and are jealous. ESPN has joined the circus world of CNN, MSNBC and FOX News. Yeah they work hard, work hard at giving you dirt..........and blowing everything out of proportion. Colin is good I listen while I'm working but he does go overboard with some things.

Ocala Mike
02-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Used to listen to/watch Colin, but in recent years, I've taken to watching Dan Patrick and his "minions" on the Audience Network almost exclusively. Much funnier stuff, rapport with the call-in audience, and way more interesting guests. Colin has become just another opinionated know-it-all to me.

Stillriledup
02-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Used to listen to/watch Colin, but in recent years, I've taken to watching Dan Patrick and his "minions" on the Audience Network almost exclusively. Much funnier stuff, rapport with the call-in audience, and way more interesting guests. Colin has become just another opinionated know-it-all to me.

The "ESPN guys" like Mike and Mike, Colin, Skip and those type of people are really just mouthpieces for whatever ESPN wants them to say, they won't offer a real opinion on anything unless it "conforms" with ESPNs views and business plan going forward. ESPN has a huge contract with the NFL, do you think "talking heads" Are going to offer "opinions" that might hurt that relationship? Heck no, if the talking head says anything that the NFL doesnt like, they can make one phone call to ESPN and say "have this talking head say this instead of that" and its done....bought and paid for opinions.

I think Dan can say more and is not restricted by what he can and cannot say.

burnsy
02-06-2015, 05:43 AM
That's part of it SRU but I don't think ESPN muzzles people as much as you think. They beg for the drama and controversy......in the name of journalism? That's what I guess they pass it off as anyway, just like the other so called "news" networks. Then they let Steven A. and Skip go nuts, I don't know how people watch it. Then again they watch the jackasses on the other networks scream about politics and think that's great too. It doesn't matter if its accurate, as long as it conforms to the viewers point of view.....it sells as fact, so the viewer doesn't have to think about it.

Dan has designed a giant "man cave", its a way different angle and pretty original. I can see why some are jealous.

Stillriledup
02-06-2015, 06:14 AM
That's part of it SRU but I don't think ESPN muzzles people as much as you think. They beg for the drama and controversy......in the name of journalism? That's what I guess they pass it off as anyway, just like the other so called "news" networks. Then they let Steven A. and Skip go nuts, I don't know how people watch it. Then again they watch the jackasses on the other networks scream about politics and think that's great too. It doesn't matter if its accurate, as long as it conforms to the viewers point of view.....it sells as fact, so the viewer doesn't have to think about it.

Dan has designed a giant "man cave", its a way different angle and pretty original. I can see why some are jealous.

I think that its tricky with the "muzzling" because a lot of the "opinions" are geared already to conform to ESPN's wishes...in other words, if you get hired by ESPN as a commentator, you know that there are things you just cannot say even if you believe them to be true....so in that way, they're unofficially muzzling themselves because they want to keep their jobs.

The whole Stephen A and Skip debates are just junk, its not a coincidence that one guy always seems to be very passionate about one side while the other guy is passionate about the other side...very "convincing" to some, but its just junk "bought and paid for" opinions, very hard to watch when you know they're told which sides to argue in advance.