PDA

View Full Version : Los Al track dimensions

ultracapper
02-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Is the far turn tight? Seems to me I see a lot of horses fan damn wide entering the stretch, even when there is nobody between them and the rail. I'm talking like 4 or 5 wide coming out of the turn and straightening for home.

Some_One
02-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Centrifugal force?

Stillriledup
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Is the far turn tight? Seems to me I see a lot of horses fan damn wide entering the stretch, even when there is nobody between them and the rail. I'm talking like 4 or 5 wide coming out of the turn and straightening for home.

You're talking about the 4.5 races run at night or the real thoroughbred Los Al meet?

Those 4.5 races on the QH cards those guys are going gangbusters and throwing leather like those are 1 furlong races, so sometimes the momentum carries them out....they're riding that turn like their life depends on it so they're going to go wide on occasion.

The turns are tighter at Los Al because there's a LOT of straightaway, its a tight track and the nature of those races and the jocks (who stink for the most part) are not able to hold horses inside so they just float wide off the turn.