PDA

View Full Version : The Great War (War Front-Guide by Pulpit)

Stillriledup
01-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Just won the 6th at Turfway (Jan 31) and looked like a star in the making.

horses4courses
01-31-2015, 09:07 PM
.Just won the 6th at Turfway (Jan 31) and looked like a star in the making.

Handicappers Edge ‏@BrisnetNews 2m2 minutes ago
Formerly w/ Aidan O'Brien & now w/ Wesley Ward, The Great War's likely for Turfway's next preps, 2/28 Battaglia Memorial & 3/21 Spiral.

letswastemoney
01-31-2015, 09:24 PM
He ran a good race in the Breeders' Cup. The pace compromised him back then.

horses4courses
01-31-2015, 10:10 PM
He ran some good races in Europe.
Not top class, but he is definitely seasoned by now.
Aidan O'Brien seemed to think the horse had more speed than stamina.

He should pick up some nice checks this year in lower level stakes.
I would be surprised, though, if he is a Triple Crown type.

RXB
01-31-2015, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't just be surprised, I'd be shocked if this horse won a TC race.

Wrong surface, wrong distances, wrong class, and wrong trainer for the job.

The public's second choice (8/1) was coming off of two claiming wins while the third choice (12/1) lost in a GP N1X by 9.5 lengths while finishing 7th in its last race. The Great War beat absolutely nothing today. Nothing.

Stillriledup
02-01-2015, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't just be surprised, I'd be shocked if this horse won a TC race.

Wrong surface, wrong distances, wrong class, and wrong trainer for the job.

The public's second choice (8/1) was coming off of two claiming wins while the third choice (12/1) lost in a GP N1X by 9.5 lengths while finishing 7th in its last race. The Great War beat absolutely nothing today. Nothing.

If you take a great horse, or a horse with unlimited potential and stick him in a race with common opponents, does that horse with potential get slower? Does he lose "potential"? Or is he the same star racehorse he was before the race?

RXB
02-01-2015, 12:19 AM
If you take a great horse, or a horse with unlimited potential and stick him in a race with common opponents, does that horse with potential get slower? Does he lose "potential"? Or is he the same star racehorse he was before the race?

He's tried better stakes company four times and finished well-beaten in the middle of the pack in all four.

tanner12oz
02-01-2015, 12:39 PM
He ran some good races in Europe.
Not top class, but he is definitely seasoned by now.
Aidan O'Brien seemed to think the horse had more speed than stamina.

He should pick up some nice checks this year in lower level stakes.
I would be surprised, though, if he is a Triple Crown type.

this is the prep for the spiral so I'm pretty sure he's going to at least take a shot

Stillriledup
02-01-2015, 02:19 PM
He's tried better stakes company four times and finished well-beaten in the middle of the pack in all four.

He doesn't seem to move like a horse who would have been precocious at 2, raced most of his career with no lasix at short distances on tiring turf courses....he's a million dollar horse and there's a reason for that, he LOOKS special, he's been given the tools by the god he worships, to me, the sky is the limit here. The odds are against any one horse getting to the top of the mountain, but if he has an iron constitution and will to get it done, he was gifted with a big stride and nice reach, he looks better to the eye than the PPs might suggest, he's developing nicely.

Lets see what happens.

davew
03-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Bled in race yesterday and ran last at 1/5

just got scratched from round 3 of Derby Future pool
in last hour or so (can't remember a pool scratch before)

luvalab
03-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Bled in race yesterday and ran last at 1/5

just got scratched from round 3 of Derby Future pool
in last hour or so (can't remember a pool scratch before)

There have actually been a few in past years. Can't recall exactly which ones, but I remember seeing a few scratches when I was putting my data together.