PDA

View Full Version : The great Mark Levin renews thru 2020

reckless
01-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Westwood One Announces Long-Term Extension of The Mark Levin Show

ATLANTA, January 29, 2015 – Westwood One announces the long-term extension of the popular nationally syndicated talk radio program The Mark Levin Show through 2020. Levin has become one of the most trusted voices in radio, bringing a unique perspective to his show from years in constitutional law and from his experience as a guest commentator. The fast-growing show covers the most important legal and political events of the day and has become one of the top five most-listened-to programs, reaching a listener base of millions on over 300 stations across the nation.

"I am delighted to continue working with Cumulus and Westwood One and look forward to further developing the show over the next five years," Levin said. "I am passionate about challenging the mainstream media and educating the public on the most pressing political and legal issues of our time and maintain my commitment to doing so."

"Mark has established himself as a pillar in talk radio with his sharp and witty commentary, and we look forward to expanding his program's reach," said John Dickey, Executive Vice President of Content and Programming for Cumulus.

In 2003, The Mark Levin Show launched on flagship station 77 WABC Radio in New York in the competitive 6:00PM - 8:00PM primetime slot, skyrocketing to #1 on the AM dial within the show's first 18 months on the air. In 2009, a third hour was added to the broadcast to keep up with the demand from his radio affiliates and fans for even more original content. Levin has become well-respected by his conservative peers, being heralded as "The Great One" and "F. Lee Levin" and his legal analysis has been used to influence the outcomes of nominations to the Supreme Court.

Prior to launching his radio career, Levin worked as an attorney in the private sector and as a top advisor and administrator to several members of President Reagan's cabinet. In addition to his hosting duties, Levin is the president of the prestigious Landmark Legal Foundation, a non-profit legal advocacy group based in Washington, D.C. Levin has also authored a number of books, including the New York Times bestsellers Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto and Men in Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America. He was awarded the inaugural Citizens United Andrew Breitbart Defender of the First Amendment Award in 2014, the coveted Ronald Reagan Award in 2001 and earned his J.D. from Temple University.

Let's Roll
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Great news ! Congratulations to Mr. Levin !

NJ Stinks
01-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Reads like a press release written by Levin. :rolleyes:

Still, PA will be thrilled to hear the news. :jump:

boxcar
01-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Reads like a press release written by Levin. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and every word of it true. Really gets your gall, doesn't it? :jump: :jump:

Clocker
01-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Yeah, and every word of it true. Really gets your gall, doesn't it? :jump: :jump:

The libs are just worried that Levin will eventually start chipping away at the listener base of the major left-wing talk shows.

mostpost
01-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Westwood One Announces Long-Term Extension of The Mark Levin Show

ATLANTA, January 29, 2015 – Westwood One announces the long-term extension of the popular nationally syndicated talk radio program The Mark Levin Show through 2020. Levin has become one of the most trusted voices in radio, bringing a unique perspective to his show from years in constitutional law and from his experience as a guest commentator. The fast-growing show covers the most important legal and political events of the day and has become one of the top five most-listened-to programs, reaching a listener base of millions on over 300 stations across the nation.

"I am delighted to continue working with Cumulus and Westwood One and look forward to further developing the show over the next five years," Levin said. "I am passionate about challenging the mainstream media and educating the public on the most pressing political and legal issues of our time and maintain my commitment to doing so."

"Mark has established himself as a pillar in talk radio with his sharp and witty commentary, and we look forward to expanding his program's reach," said John Dickey, Executive Vice President of Content and Programming for Cumulus.

In 2003, The Mark Levin Show launched on flagship station 77 WABC Radio in New York in the competitive 6:00PM - 8:00PM primetime slot, skyrocketing to #1 on the AM dial within the show's first 18 months on the air. In 2009, a third hour was added to the broadcast to keep up with the demand from his radio affiliates and fans for even more original content. Levin has become well-respected by his conservative peers, being heralded as "The Great One" and "F. Lee Levin" and his legal analysis has been used to influence the outcomes of nominations to the Supreme Court.

Prior to launching his radio career, Levin worked as an attorney in the private sector and as a top advisor and administrator to several members of President Reagan's cabinet. In addition to his hosting duties, Levin is the president of the prestigious Landmark Legal Foundation, a non-profit legal advocacy group based in Washington, D.C. Levin has also authored a number of books, including the New York Times bestsellers Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto and Men in Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America. He was awarded the inaugural Citizens United Andrew Breitbart Defender of the First Amendment Award in 2014, the coveted Ronald Reagan Award in 2001 and earned his J.D. from Temple University.
OK. I've stopped laughing enough so I can type. The great Mark Levin? Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Levin may be well respected among his conservative peers, but I would remind you that his conservative peers include Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Sean Hannity. Us normal folk consider him to be a fool and a blowhard.

Speaking of Limbaugh, he wrote the forward for Levin's "Men In Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America." Apparently Levin couldn't find an actual legal scholar who thought enough of his scholarship to write a forward.

I seldom listen to Mark Levin's radio show, but when I do, I notice that his callers are all you know what kissers who spend half their time telling Mark how wonderful he is. I don't think he ever has a guest who disagrees with him.

As for liberal callers, they are not allowed. On the rare occasion on gets through, they are invariably Forest Gump clones. Which leads me to believe they are employed by the show.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2015, 12:53 AM
Speaking of Limbaugh, he wrote the forward for Levin's "Men In Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America." Apparently Levin couldn't find an actual legal scholar who thought enough of his scholarship to write a forward.

On behalf of all the people you do this to, it isn't a "forward".

Now that's out of the way (and I can't stand either for the record), putting Limbaugh on the book is all about marketing, not scientific support. Most forewords that are mentioned on the front cover are pure endorsement style marketing. I hope you know that and were just flailing wildly.

mostpost
01-30-2015, 01:21 AM
On behalf of all the people you do this to, it isn't a "forward".

Now that's out of the way (and I can't stand either for the record), putting Limbaugh on the book is all about marketing, not scientific support. Most forewords that are mentioned on the front cover are pure endorsement style marketing. I hope you know that and were just flailing wildly.
All the people I do what to? There is a difference between pointing out an error when that error makes a difference and nitpicking.

Excuse me all to hell, it was an introduction. My point remains. Levin could not get a scholar to introduce his book.

Hoofless_Wonder
01-30-2015, 01:29 AM
All the people I do what to? There is a difference between pointing out an error when that error makes a difference and nitpicking.

Excuse me all to hell, it was an introduction. My point remains. Levin could not get a scholar to introduce his book.

Takes a Marxist to whine about a "scholar", who are predominantly on the left, doesn't endorse the work of Levin. Well, duh.

Another irrelevant point from a "forward" thinking parasite who didn't know the meaning of mill rate, since paying taxes isn't necessary when living in Momma's basement.

Mostie, it might interest you to know that Levin is one of the few in this country courageous enough to support a Constitutional Convention, which is the only lawful and potentially peaceful path this country has to reigning in the monster that our government has become before the Great Purge, similar to what your hero Stalin managed. This is in stark contrast to your views, which undermine liberty, support bigger and more powerful government, and which always - always, end in tears.

Clocker
01-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Levin could not get a scholar to introduce his book.

And you could not read the book before expressing an opinion about it? :confused:

Tom
01-30-2015, 07:39 AM

You assume he tried.
Got proof?
Why he want one - know one ever heard of "scholars."

Here's a novel idea - try to dispute some of the facts of the book.

Tom
01-30-2015, 07:40 AM
And you could not read the book before expressing an opinion about it? :confused:

I not only read the book, I have referenced it here many times.
I bought it because Rush was mentioned and I did not see any evidence that any scholars liked it. :D

horses4courses
01-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Never listened to the guy, or even heard of him.

Judging by the thread starter's illustrious track record
on here, though, Tom's favorite phrase "ass clown"
springs to mind.

How could this guy be any more entertaining than "Rushbo", though?
Too much laughter can be a dangerous thing.

Tom
01-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Never heard him and didn't read the book.....yet he is an ass clown.

Nice, AC4C

horses4courses
01-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Never heard him and didn't read the book.....yet he is an ass clown.

Nice, AC4C

Yep.
Sometimes, all you have to do is consider the source.

JustRalph
01-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Yep.

This from people who worship the Weather Underground

reckless
01-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Never listened to the guy, or even heard of him.

Judging by the thread starter's illustrious track record
on here, though, Tom's favorite phrase "ass clown"
springs to mind.

How could this guy be any more entertaining than "Rushbo", though?
Too much laughter can be a dangerous thing.

Wow, I make a fool of you each and every time we spar and you snarkly refer to my 'illustrious record on here'? :lol:

How is it that when you regularly get bitch slapped, you whimper and crawl back into your baby carriage for days on end and never come back with any kind of response, much less your usual incoherent drivel?

I don't want to turn this into a popularity contest but I make more sense and prove my point of view better with a single turn of phrase than you ever have since you've been soiling this wonderful neighborhood.

And, those juvenile links you often post speak more your patent ignorance than anything else imaginable.

boxcar
01-30-2015, 10:49 AM
The libs are just worried that Levin will eventually start chipping away at the listener base of the major left-wing talk shows.

Yeah, word has it that Levin has been coveting the huge and ever-growing audience of Randi Rhodes for many years. :rolleyes:

Tom
01-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Perhaps Mark would get more respect if he published in cartoons.
You know, dumb it down for ALL readers, the intellectual ones he has now,

plus whoever is LEFT. :rolleyes::lol:

boxcar
01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
You assume he tried.
Got proof?
Why he want one - know one ever heard of "scholars."

Here's a novel idea - try to dispute some of the facts of the book.

Well...he'd have to read it first to know what it's in it. And he dare not do that because he knows that the truth therein will likely cause his bobble head to explode before he could finish the first chapter.

horses4courses
01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't want to turn this into a popularity contest

I'm sure your mom loves you, too.
I guess someone has to. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM

Get real, you are delusional. Do a search on yourself. Then one on memory loss in seniors.

horses4courses
01-30-2015, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=reckless]since you've been soiling this wonderful neighborhood[QUOTE]

Damn....there goes the neighborhood :eek:

Now, why do I get the feeling that's not the first time you ever said that?

reckless
01-30-2015, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=reckless]since you've been soiling this wonderful neighborhood[QUOTE]

Damn....there goes the neighborhood :eek:

Now, why do I get the feeling that's not the first time you ever said that?

Because you're not the only left wing idiot dweeb that posts here, that's why.

Clocker
01-30-2015, 11:59 AM
This from people who worship the Weather Underground

It's called the Democratic Underground now. I guess the geniuses that run it figured no one would ever figure out the connection, so it is kind of a left wing witness protection program.

mostpost
01-30-2015, 03:17 PM
As Horses4courses said;
Yep.

But, since you seem to object to that, I am going to read the book. I have already purchased it for my Kindle and started to read it.

I have not even gotten past the forward-yes, the forward-to the paperback addition, and I have found an instance where Levin misrepresents a case before the Supreme Court, and uses faulty legal scholarship to dispute the ruling. I will discuss that and the entire book in an upcoming thread.

Tom
01-30-2015, 03:37 PM
I will discuss that and the entire book in an upcoming thread.

Oh, please do.....please.
But wait until after the Super Bowl...I don't want to have choose.

Clocker
01-30-2015, 03:38 PM
As Horses4courses said;
Yep.

But you didn't consider the source, your rejection was based on guilt by association, without any indication of familiarity with Levin's actual writings or positions.

And your assumptions that everyone on the right of center worships at the altar of Limbaugh and Levin is also specious. Again, guilt by association. I read less than half of one book by Levin and gave it up as light weight. He is a preacher, not an original thinker. Limbaugh is a much better analyst, but tiresome in his dogma. But he still has a better grasp of political reality than the vast majority on the left.

JustRalph
01-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I have found an instance where Levin misrepresents a case before the Supreme Court, and uses faulty legal scholarship to dispute the ruling. I will discuss that and the entire book in an upcoming thread.

The abject temerity in which you live your life is astounding.

We are all waiting with extreme anticipation for the postman's legal opinion versus that of such an experienced and esteemed lawyer such as Mark Levine.
I spend most of my days searching out legal opinions from the local mail sorter as opposed to men such as Levine. A man who was Chief of staff at the department of justice. A man who graduated College at 19. A member of the Reagan Administration. A best selling author. A ferocious advocate for constitutional adherence and maybe best of all a well known dog lover and campaigner for animal causes.

I can't wait for you to finish his book.......... :bang:

NJ Stinks
01-30-2015, 06:33 PM

We are all waiting with extreme anticipation for the postman's legal opinion versus that of such an experienced and esteemed lawyer such as Mark Levine.
I spend most of my days searching out legal opinions from the local mail sorter as opposed to men such as Levine. A man who was Chief of staff at the department of justice. A man who graduated College at 19. A member of the Reagan Administration. A best selling author. A ferocious advocate for constitutional adherence and maybe best of all a well known dog lover and campaigner for animal causes.

Levin worked for Attorney General Ed Meese. Meese tried to cover up the Iran-Contra affair for Ronald Reagan. Levin working for Meese is anything but a plus for Levin.

Personally, I look forward to hearing what Mostpost has to say about Levin's book. I expect Mostpost's review will be both interesting and entertaining. As per usual.

Anyway, here's a link describing the Meese Attorney General's office trying to save Reagan's butt relating to the Iran-Contra Affair:

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?irancontraaffair_key_figures=irancont raaffair_edwin_meese&timeline=irancontraaffair

dartman51
01-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Oh, please do.....please.
But wait until after the Super Bowl...I don't want to have choose.

:lol: Tough choice.

boxcar
01-30-2015, 08:56 PM

Couldn't be a more qualified, unbiased critic. :lol: :lol:

RunForTheRoses
01-30-2015, 09:02 PM
But you didn't consider the source, your rejection was based on guilt by association, without any indication of familiarity with Levin's actual writings or positions.

And your assumptions that everyone on the right of center worships at the altar of Limbaugh and Levin is also specious. Again, guilt by association. I read less than half of one book by Levin and gave it up as light weight. He is a preacher, not an original thinker. Limbaugh is a much better analyst, but tiresome in his dogma. But he still has a better grasp of political reality than the vast majority on the left.

Levin is obviously doing a Bob Grant Act, cant blame him but sometime his delivery can be off putting. In regard to content sometimes I think he's spot on other times not so much. If I'm in the car I might listen, which is rare, but I may check out the book now that it is in the spotlight. PA Off Topic Reading Club.

Tom
01-30-2015, 11:32 PM

But, Ralph, mopo did read every Law Digest that found its way into his bag over the years. and of course, he is a union boy. :D

jballscalls
01-31-2015, 09:02 AM
I tune into Levin's show once in a while, but usually can only take a few minutes because it just gets so repetitive. You can almost predict what he's going to say about every issue that comes up, which to me doesn't make for entertaining radio. Plus I don't like his voice/delivery as a broadcaster.

All that being said, he's generally well informed and researched and knows his stuff.

Whenever I listen to partisan radio/shows on either side thought it just gets so frustrating that they never veer off their side, which IMO would make for much more interesting radio.

johnhannibalsmith
01-31-2015, 09:54 AM
... Plus I don't like his voice/delivery as a broadcaster.

I agree. He's probably okay in written form because as you say, he isn't an idiot. Unfortunately for me at least, it seems like wasted smarts because he is generally so hyper partisan whenever I do see him on television or wherever that he's just plain boring. As in, predictable. I'd probably enjoy something by him immensely if it was totally independent of politics, but as in the case with a lot of bright, interesting, wise people, their devotion to coupling any thought at all to partisan politics sucks all the interesting right out of them.

JustRalph
01-31-2015, 10:54 AM
I agree. He's probably okay in written form because as you say, he isn't an idiot. Unfortunately for me at least, it seems like wasted smarts because he is generally so hyper partisan whenever I do see him on television or wherever that he's just plain boring. As in, predictable. I'd probably enjoy something by him immensely if it was totally independent of politics, but as in the case with a lot of bright, interesting, wise people, their devotion to coupling any thought at all to partisan politics sucks all the interesting right out of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Rescuing-Sprite-Lovers-Story-Anguish-ebook/dp/B000VMBXUS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422719558&sr=8-7

Clocker
01-31-2015, 11:13 AM
I tune into Levin's show once in a while, but usually can only take a few minutes because it just gets so repetitive. You can almost predict what he's going to say about every issue that comes up, which to me doesn't make for entertaining radio. Plus I don't like his voice/delivery as a broadcaster.

All that being said, he's generally well informed and researched and knows his stuff.

I agree, his style is annoying. It comes across in his writing too. I gave up on the one book I bought, "Liberty and Tyranny", because he wasn't saying anything new and because his writing style is pedantic. It has been a very long time since I read Ayn Rand, but his style reminds me of her. (That's not a compliment.)

johnhannibalsmith
01-31-2015, 11:39 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Rescuing-Sprite-Lovers-Story-Anguish-ebook/dp/B000VMBXUS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422719558&sr=8-7

:ThmbUp:

Probably not quite what I had in mind as far as enjoying him immensely away from Obama Junction, but I'm gonna root around the page for related and see what else he's done.

jballscalls
01-31-2015, 01:49 PM
I agree, his style is annoying. It comes across in his writing too. I gave up on the one book I bought, "Liberty and Tyranny", because he wasn't saying anything new and because his writing style is pedantic. It has been a very long time since I read Ayn Rand, but his style reminds me of her. (That's not a compliment.)

Sometimes I think maybe it's just cause it's a monologist type delivery. I tend to always like broadcasts made up of more than one voice so people are having a conversation as opposed to what sometimes feels like a lecture.

Hoofless_Wonder
01-31-2015, 05:57 PM

:D

Yeah, lots of five year contracts being handed out on Air America. Oh, wait.....

Levin's delivery is over-the-top in emotion with his ranting, which does remind me of the delivery of Franken and his ilk back in the Air America days. Of course the big difference is that Levin is far more factually accurate and usually right in his views.