PDA

View Full Version : Iexplore.exe confict

Robert Goren
01-28-2015, 07:08 PM
I am back to using IE 9 in an attempt to find a verison that is not having a conflict with some undetermined program and using up my memory.(I have seen it over a million k. It gets to 700,000 or 800,000 K pretty fast.) Does anyone know if I go back far enough, can I stop the conflict? I really don't want to do cold starts trying to find the program. I may be force to use Chrome, but I do not like it and would only use it as a last resort. Those sentiments go double for FireFox.

Augenj
01-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Have you looked at the Toolbars and Extensions that might be hooked into IE? Disabling all of them might be a good start.

Red Knave
01-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Have you looked at the Toolbars and Extensions that might be hooked into IE? Disabling all of them might be a good start.
Right.
Start IE without addonns - Check here -->http://www.techsupportall.com/internet-explorer-without-add-ons/

davew
01-30-2015, 12:51 AM
could be some sort of virus

here is what Microsoft suggests->
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_xp/internet-explorer-high-memory-usage-error/df02d84c-9b83-4c0d-9d0b-8f492c34eaba

Flysofree
02-13-2015, 01:59 PM
I am back to using IE 9 in an attempt to find a verison that is not having a conflict with some undetermined program and using up my memory.(I have seen it over a million k. It gets to 700,000 or 800,000 K pretty fast.) Does anyone know if I go back far enough, can I stop the conflict? I really don't want to do cold starts trying to find the program. I may be force to use Chrome, but I do not like it and would only use it as a last resort. Those sentiments go double for FireFox.

Robert, I had that problem about a month ago..Norton warned about it...Said less than 5 of it's users were using it. I did a scan of it and it was ok... I don't know if this is the answer or no, but when I reduced the screen size back to 125% from 150%, have had no more warnings from Norton about iexplore.exe Not sure if it was that or something to be determined.. let me know what you found .. Thanks.