PDA

View Full Version : Raise A Native sire line

sbcaris
01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Horses carrying the Raise A Native sire line have won the roses 18 times thru history. They comprise around 25% of the starters and 50% of the winners in the Derby. The last horse to carry this lineage was I'll Have Another in 2012. Super Saver was the winner in 2010 who carried that line and Mine That Bird carried the RAN sire line in 2009. Street Sense and Smarty Jones, Funny Cide and War Emblem and Monarchos and Fusaichi Pegasus all carried the RAN Sire line. In the last 15 years there were 9 Ky Derby winners who carried the RAN sire line (60% winners). No other sire line comes close to the above. And furthermore, the impact value is approx 2.00 which means these types are winning the roses twice as often as statistical expectation.

Hoofless_Wonder
01-28-2015, 07:06 PM
This may be a great thread to bump in about three months.

I'd be curious to see how Raise A Native stats look if you remove one son - Alydar.

I'd also be curious to see how successful Alydar's stats look, as his three most famous sons didn't seem to perform very well at stud - Alysheba, Easy Goer and Criminal Type. (Just my impression since I don't have the data to back it up.....)

Vinman
01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Stan.....

It would be interesting to go through Steve Haskin's Derby contender list...or anyone's list for that matter....to see who has the Raise A Native Sireline credentials for 2015.

PS: Did you have any $ on John Nerud's winner at Aqu the other day?

Vinman

sbcaris
01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Vinny: Haskin's Derby Dozen contains 4 horses that carry the RAN sire line:

Texas Red, American Pharaoh, Competitive Edge and Ocho Ocho Ocho. The last 10 winners to carry this line were:

2012 -Ill Have Another
2010- Super Saver
2009-Mine That Bird
2007-Street Sense
2004-Smarty Jones
2003-Funny Cide
2002-War Emblem
2001-Monarchos
2000 Fusaichi Pegasus
1998-Real Quiet

The only Derby winners to carry the Raise A Native Sire line and have no trace of Mr. Prospector in tail male were Majestic Prince, Affirmed, Genuine Risk, Alysheba, Strike the Gold, Monarchos and Super Saver. Therefore, 11 Derby winners that had this line carried Mr. Prospector in tail male while 7 winners did not. Interestingly, two winners had Alydar in tail male: Alysheba and Strike the Gold.