PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mott gets days and fine

lamboguy
01-26-2015, 11:56 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/89809/new-york-sanctions-mott-for-drug-overages?source=rss

thespaah
01-27-2015, 11:04 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/89809/new-york-sanctions-mott-for-drug-overages?source=rss
The quantities as reported in the story do seem over the top...

lamboguy
01-27-2015, 11:08 AM
there is no chance that Bill Mott gave or knew that horse had that amount of lassix given to him. but it did show up in the test and the horse ran like he had that overdose.

fmolf
01-27-2015, 11:29 AM
thats what everybody says ...the test or the procedure or the chain of the sample handling was wrong.....the guilty know all the excuses and alibis...see Ryan Braun!

Ruffian1
01-27-2015, 01:31 PM
A NY State vet gave the lasix. Let's start there.

I had a lasix horse that won and the post race came back as no lasix was given.

My vet turned in the paper work prior too, as he should have, showing the horse receiving it. The Md. State guard signed it as a witness to overseeing it given as did my groom. It was time stamped.

Common sense prevailed and it went away after a hearing. My credibility came into play I assume and it should here as well. That is by no means a free pass, but it should be looked at on a case by case basis IMO and from my experience.

lamboguy
01-27-2015, 02:26 PM
A NY State vet gave the lasix. Let's start there.

I had a lasix horse that won and the post race came back as no lasix was given.

My vet turned in the paper work prior too, as he should have, showing the horse receiving it. The Md. State guard signed it as a witness to overseeing it given as did my groom. It was time stamped.

Common sense prevailed and it went away after a hearing. My credibility came into play I assume and it should here as well. That is by no means a free pass, but it should be looked at on a case by case basis IMO and from my experience.the only problem in this case was the horse ran dead last, that's precisely what you would have expected if you gave the horse the amount of lassix that the test came back.

davew
01-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Do all racing jurisdictions have reciprocity for the 15 days? Can he not race anywhere during that time period?

With trainers having horses around the country it is difficult to prevent some random walking up to your horse, slapping them on the neck, and during that time of 3 seconds injecting them with enough 'stuff' to get a positive and causing the horse to be out of the money.

castaway01
01-27-2015, 03:32 PM
thats what everybody says ...the test or the procedure or the chain of the sample handling was wrong.....the guilty know all the excuses and alibis...see Ryan Braun!

Except that much Lasix would hurt the horse's performance, not help it...and it did so as the horse ran last. So what would be the point of intentionally giving it that much Lasix?

BIG49010
01-27-2015, 05:39 PM
You see short price horses run out all the time, with Betfair, perhaps they lay the horse for big bucks? It's a hell of lot easier to bet to loose than win!

Donttellmeshowme
01-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Except that much Lasix would hurt the horse's performance, not help it...and it did so as the horse ran last. So what would be the point of intentionally giving it that much Lasix?

The overage of Lasix is puzzling but not the overage of Banamine.

Fager Fan
01-27-2015, 06:19 PM
the only problem in this case was the horse ran dead last, that's precisely what you would have expected if you gave the horse the amount of lassix that the test came back.

What exactly is the problem? If the horse was given the Lasix by the State Vet, then that's the person on the hook, not the trainer. Or he should be.

davew
01-27-2015, 06:23 PM
What exactly is the problem? If the horse was given the Lasix by the State Vet, then that's the person on the hook, not the trainer. Or he should be.

The state vet was not standing security for the hours before their shot was given or after until the test samples drawn. Someone else could have given another shot. Furosemide is not that expensive.

Fager Fan
01-27-2015, 06:48 PM
The state vet was not standing security for the hours before their shot was given or after until the test samples drawn. Someone else could have given another shot. Furosemide is not that expensive.

Then what's the point of having the state vet give the injection?