PDA

View Full Version : Could CNN and Fox News follow suit?

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 01:44 PM
I doubt it.
Interesting article on a little reverse psychology.

The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-bbc-has-just-done-more-to-eradicate-terrorism-than-all-our-wars-since-911-10003927.html

The world won’t be safer in a literal sense, of course; Isis and al-Qaeda will butcher regardless of the term a BBC newsroom applies. But, minus the “terrorism” tag, the threat from groups like these feels somehow less monstrous, more manageable. Tally up the achievements of the “war on terror” since 9/11, meanwhile, and you get… not a great deal. In the failures column must go a fivefold increase in deaths from terrorism, according to the latest survey from the Global Terrorism Index.

davew
01-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Yes, they are just very religious groups. Maybe you will see them some time and you can tell them you admire them for that.

The 0bama administration uses this same reverse psychology - although many people recognize them as lies.

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Yes, they are just very religious groups. Maybe you will see them some time and you can tell them you admire them for that.

The 0bama administration uses this same reverse psychology - although many people recognize them as lies.

You miss the point entirely, and I'm sure you won't be alone.

How is the general public benefiting from seeing the term
"terrorists" splashed on their TV screens every few minutes?
That only helps those doing wrong in spreading fear.

Figures that many can't get their brains around that, though.

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 02:54 PM

Btw, I am not a religious person, and I don't admire
those murderous bastards in the least.

When they can effectively spread mass hysteria
via the media, though, they gain an advantage
that they shouldn't have.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 03:01 PM
How is the general public benefiting from seeing the term
"terrorists" splashed on their TV screens every few minutes?

How does the general public benefit from hearing that an incidence of man-caused destruction happened at the Boston Marathon a while back?

How does the general public not benefit from hearing the truth? You appear to be saying that the general public is too stupid:

http://aknextphase.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Col-Jessup.jpg

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 03:18 PM
How does the general public benefit from hearing that an incidence of man-caused destruction happened at the Boston Marathon a while back?

How does the general public not benefit from hearing the truth? You appear to be saying that the general public is too stupid:

http://aknextphase.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Col-Jessup.jpg

Absolutely - the public deserves facts and truth.
They don't need to be bombarded with alarmist journalism, though.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
They don't need to be bombarded with alarmist journalism, though.

They don't have a choice? That's why God created the remote control. Anyone that doesn't want to hear about terrorists can switch to MTV or an Obama campaign speech.

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 03:33 PM
They don't have a choice? That's why God created the remote control. Anyone that doesn't want to hear about terrorists can switch to MTV or an Obama campaign speech.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
At least you're consistent with your BS replies.

Do you have a choice sitting in a doctor's waiting room
that has a communal TV on, or waiting for your car
at the dealership during a service?

We don't have choices all the time.

(Apologies in advance for all those who can't handle the word "communal")

Clocker
01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Do you have a choice sitting in a doctor's waiting room
that has a communal TV on, or waiting for your car
at the dealership during a service?

We don't have choices all the time.

You want a news network to sugar-coat the truth so you aren't offended by it in a waiting room? :D

How many hours a day do you spend in waiting rooms, bombarded by the truth?

http://www.hunterscastle.com/images/obamaostrich.jpg

horses4courses
01-26-2015, 04:54 PM
You want a news network to sugar-coat the truth so you aren't offended by it in a waiting room? :D

How many hours a day do you spend in waiting rooms, bombarded by the truth?

http://www.hunterscastle.com/images/obamaostrich.jpg

That's a problem for you, I see.......thinking outside the box.
In your case, a sandbox, perhaps.

Tom
01-27-2015, 07:40 AM
(Apologies in advance for all those who can't handle the word "communal")

No problem with that word, but that word.....Obama! :mad: *puke*

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Sorry, euphemisms and soft language are just as bad, if not worse, than alarmist, to-the-point language that conveys reality. We're mired in a land now where we can't talk about anything anymore in plain terms and we're no better for it. In fact, it has us all screwed up. This ain't progress, even if in some abstract way I agree with the principle motivating the decision.

DJofSD
01-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Being mollycoddled does no one any good. At some point, either dad or the real world slaps you upside the face. In most instances, it's not a fatal experience.