PDA

View Full Version : Med going back

mrroyboy
01-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Meadowlands is going back to cond racing and doing away with ABC. They are also staying with I mile races and 10 horse fields. More info on DRF harness.

thespaah
01-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Meadowlands is going back to cond racing and doing away with ABC. They are also staying with I mile races and 10 horse fields. More info on DRF harness.
Item one I am good with.
The other two stink...In fact I'd like to see 1/ 16th mile races. and even 5/8ths milers...Why not?....It's all about boosting handle

Inner Dirt
01-24-2015, 11:37 PM
Item one I am good with.
The other two stink...In fact I'd like to see 1/ 16th mile races. and even 5/8ths milers...Why not?....It's all about boosting handle

During the slow death of harness racing in Southern California Fairplex Park (previously called Pomona) held 5/8 mile races and ones up to 1 1/4 miles. That was late 80's, don't think it did much for attendance as the place was usually deserted and harness racing there barely made it a couple years.

Sea Biscuit
01-25-2015, 05:40 AM

This is good news.:ThmbUp:

LottaKash
01-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Anyone who has ever read any posts on this subject, knows how I feel about this subject...I was very vocal and vehemently opposed to ABC classifying..

Much of my handicapping has to do with the dynamics of class and it's changes,so, when they went to the ABC system, it took many of my valuable angles and rendered them impotent, and just plain put the power into the hands of the Race Sec....Surely, not all of it, but more than one man should have in a game that is about matching wits with other players...

I am glad of it... :jump:

=======================================

http://www.drf.com/news/giwner-pick-five-carryover-conditions-changes-meadowlands
excerpt:
The bottom line here is that the horsemen who race at the Meadowlands were never fans of the ABC system which left the racing secretary in charge of how horses were classified. They want to be able to pick their own spots, and who can blame them.

While the ABC system probably made for some better races during its run at the Meadowlands, it won’t be missed by handicappers or horsemen.

baconswitchfarm
01-25-2015, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=LottaKash]

Much of my handicapping has to do with the dynamics of class and it's changes,so, when they went to the ABC system, it took many of my valuable angles and rendered them impotent, and just plain put the power into the hands of the Race Sec....

And thus ends the great experiment we called the "friends of Gural" classification system.